News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, its save to say, that his heart is for children of all ages. I mean, people have all sorts of causes, they support - his are children, teens, youngsters. Starting in the old days with Bernados back in England.

I didn't know, it was an elf hat, but after googling - yes it is. For Germans its more of a Karnevals cap. But he sure brings the ears for a proper elf :lol: Still - somehow, he managges to look sexy at the same time. Not easy with a hat like this.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Very cute photo. We know he has a charitable connection with victims of AIDS too. His friend he got the RRover for in Africa who is doing AIDS work, the Broadway Gypsy connection, etc. and the bikes are for the kids with parents who have AIDS.

This has been a fabulous run of photos. I get bummed thinking about the dry spell coming up. Imagine the fabulous vacation they will take to somewhere warm, likely an island, when this play is over. I bet they can't wait!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I think he looks amazing as an Elf..... and I always knew he has a heart of gold... :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not news, rather an old interview, which is very good in itsself and interesting in hintsight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667 ... itter.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:Not news, rather an old interview, which is very good in itsself and interesting in hintsight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667 ... itter.html
Thanks GG! A great read, I haven't seen this interview/article before, although I remember somehow the "FB' and "egg" comment, maybe from a different interview...
I really like Daniel's being so down-to-earth, sincere and unspoilt. It's also interesting to read about pipeline projects which now have long been completed.
Daniel Craig is attempting to crack the last clue in a quick crossword: “something that’s supposed to bring luck, -A-C-T.
A mascot maybe? :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel - $25.60 for every dollar paid
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Skyfall was the UK's Biggest Selling Digital Video of 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25559821

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I just caught up with rhea Telegraph read. Good one! Thanks!
josie

Post by josie »

I just saw news, the entire Eastern U.S. and New York sinking into the snow and Daniel in the middle.

And we in Germany have no snow, with us you think it's spring.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

josie wrote:I just saw news, the entire Eastern U.S. and New York sinking into the snow and Daniel in the middle.

I'm sure he's fine, he's on an upper floor! Wonder how SF and Elaine are?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:
josie wrote:I just saw news, the entire Eastern U.S. and New York sinking into the snow and Daniel in the middle.

I'm sure he's fine, he's on an upper floor! Wonder how SF and Elaine are?
Hey! I'm in the hotel lobby, back from being out all day. All was pretty fabulous until the sun started to go down behind the buildings.... BRRRR COLD! Where is Elaine? What's she up to? Daniel is at the theater. That makes 2 out of 3 whereabouts known :lol: .

Tomorrow will be a bit warmer than today. I have somewhere I have to be at 11, so that means I have to get up and out pretty early (I'm operating on Pacific Standard Time here, so 11 am is 8 am to me. I was up til 3 last night, but that's just midnight my time. I could have entertained DC if he had gotten bored :twisted:

I know he likes NYC and calls it home, but I can't help wonder how easy it is to put down roots outside your country. I know people do it all the time, and he has home(s) in the UK too. Wife being from there. Daughter here. All that stuff makes it much easier. I also think how ASR changed the course of his life. Jeff Gordon's apartment was rented for him for several months, he became closer to his NY friends like Hugh and Rachel. When he volunteered to move to NYC, he had already experienced living here, which was a nice happenstance. I don't know...being here for the play - and seeing him hop into that dark blue RRover (only him would have a blue RRover :lol: - it seems that his wardrobe must be 90% blue) and be driven off to wherever their new house is night after night at about the same time ...it's just all kind of strange and unique. It's rare that we know where he is at any given time. And all that will come to an end in two days. I'll be disappointed, especially since he's decided to not churn out movies back to back anymore (bummer for us, good for him.) Last time I was here, I stopped in for lunch at a place and upon sitting down I looked up. Directly across the street was the David Barton gym he goes to. It was just a nice little surprise (there was no way he was there because it was a weekend and the play was underway, but still...) He's a lucky, lucky man.

I saw the preview for 'Noah' the other day. It looks good, and I'm a biblical kind. I just wonder if Darren thinks he blew it by losing Rachel or is he perfectly okay with how things turned out. He sure is passionate about his work. I suppose when he tours to promote the movie, Rachel will have Henry full time. I also think about how much she must love Daniel (DUH! Who Wouldn't???!!) because to walk away from having full custody of your child to now seeing him only when it's your turn must have weighed heavy on her.

Okay, I can hear it now...Why doesn't sf shut up already?? My mind is a rambling and this isn't my blog! Possibly a pic or video after tomorrow's afternoon show. Then it's SUNDAY. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Only here on dtd can you chat like about Danny boy tee hee
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

*big wave*

I'm here! I'm good!

I get professionally shoveled and plowed out, so I just had to wait for the major snow drifts to be removed so I could open my doors.

Aside from the blizzard like conditions, we've seen and had worse.

Today I dig out my car and venture back into the world.
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Glad all is well.