Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
caramel wrote:
Yep- Fav is enthusiastic - being on top of all kinds of media to get the word out.
I think DC being a bit reticent prolly identifies more with DF but being the giggly boy that he still is has a lot of fun bantering and such with JF. Oh to be a fly on the wall when all these geniuses collaborate.
Didn't Daniel play that "Red Redamtion" or whatever it is called with the Fav?
I think that's what what said...something with the word 'redemption' in it.
It seems like the C&A set was all fun for those guys (except maybe the actual filming part), whereas Tattoo must be only intense.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

C&A got a mention and clip in entertainment tonight.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
caramel wrote:
Yep- Fav is enthusiastic - being on top of all kinds of media to get the word out.
I think DC being a bit reticent prolly identifies more with DF but being the giggly boy that he still is has a lot of fun bantering and such with JF. Oh to be a fly on the wall when all these geniuses collaborate.
Didn't Daniel play that "Red Redamtion" or whatever it is called with the Fav?
It seems like the C&A set was all fun for those guys (except maybe the actual filming part), whereas Tattoo must be only intense.

Red Dead Redemption......all fanboys (incl. hubby) are keen to see a possible movie adaption.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jon Favreau: Sitting in a marketing meeting for #CowboysandAliens @UniversalPics with @boborci
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chippi

Post by chippi »

Dunda wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Didn't Daniel play that "Red Redamtion" or whatever it is called with the Fav?

Red Dead Redemption......all fanboys (incl. hubby) are keen to see a possible movie adaption.
Yep. My husband was playing just a bit ago. It's a neat looking game. I'm not a gamer, but I think I could get into that one if I wanted to invest the time in figuring out how the stupip PS3 worked...
Hi. I'm C, and I'm a Craigaholic.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Non-Required Reading: Cowboys and Aliens Take Over
By Dan Jacka February 12, 2011 at 12:01 am
Now, last time , I discussed our first appearance of the Captain America trailer, so you’d probably think I was going to discuss Thor’s Super Bowl appearance.
Wrong.
Long story short, that trailer didn’t have Idris Elba, so a big-time “meh.”
I’m going to talk about “Cowboys & Aliens,” also known as the greatest movie ever made that hasn’t come out yet.

No, but seriously, look at this picture. Why would you not want to see this movie? Photo courtesy of screencrave.com.
Here’s a brief summary of “Cowboys & Aliens:” James Bond is a cowboy that has a weird object on his arm. He’s lost his memory and trying to figure out where he is. He’s getting in trouble in a new town, and the sheriff, Han Solo/ Indiana Jones, has to take care of it. This girl, that one chick from “Tron: Legacy,” tries to seduce him, but before they can do anything… ALIENS ATTACK.
James Bond figures out that his arm piece can literally shoot the (swear word) out of alien planes and take them out. This (swear word)’ing battle is on!
Also, it’s directed by the guy who directed “Iron Man.”
If you just woke up off the floor, let’s be friends, because just that idea makes my brain want to explode.
Everything about this trailer and this movie concept is what my mind needs. This is the kind of comic book movie adaptation that is lovely in its simplicity. It’s everything that America really needs to get back on track.
And God bless America.
But seriously, actual quote from my friend watching that trailer: “We’re going twice, and I don’t care if our girlfriends come with us.”
Well said good sir, well said.
Dan
http://www.statepress.com/2011/02/12/no ... take-over/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

^ I guess that just says it all - very succinct.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:But seriously, actual quote from my friend watching that trailer: “We’re going twice, and I don’t care if our girlfriends come with us.”
When their girlfriends are hot blooded women, they will end up 20 times WITHOUT the bf.

chippi

Post by chippi »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:But seriously, actual quote from my friend watching that trailer: “We’re going twice, and I don’t care if our girlfriends come with us.”
When their girlfriends are hot blooded women, they will end up 20 times WITHOUT the bf.
HA HA HA!!! So true! :lol:
Hi. I'm C, and I'm a Craigaholic.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:We’re going twice, and I don’t care if our girlfriends come with us.”
That cracked me up! :lol: But yes, that Super Bowl trailer looks promising.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://theliteraryomnivore.wordpress.co ... -fi-films/

Initially, I dismissed this concept—the title itself sounds downright juvenile, doesn’t it? But with the casting of Daniel Craig, I think this production nailed something very important. Robert Downey Jr. was originally given the part, but I think having his self-deprecating charm in a movie with a thoroughly ridiculous concept would have hurt the movie’s internal credibility. But Craig (the best part about The Golden Compass) is a very internal and serious actor, and having him as the core of this film forces the audience to pay attention to it.

I don’t know much about the graphic novel itself—only that the concept was rescued from the peculiar copyright practice of ashcan copy—but I do know that Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzmann are fantastic writers. Well, fantastic writers when Michael Bay isn’t locking them in a closet and denying them food and water. (As I said earlier, Michael Bay must be stopped.) Their work on Star Trek manages to be both slick and human, and Fringe continues to blow me away as I make my way through the series. Combining that with the efficient and clever (though never exactly mindblowing) directing of Jon Favreau, the odds are fantastically good for Cowboys and Aliens. I’m especially looking forward to the traditional battle of science versus religion in a situation without much religious diversity and less doubt than your average contemporary science fiction setting.
ImageImage
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I have just got home after a trip to my local Vue Cinema to see 'True Grit', which I enjoyed. But what really brightened up my evening was seeing the trailer for 'Cowboys and Indians' (version 1). It looked impressive on the big screen and I look forward to seeing the film.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cassandra wrote:I have just got home after a trip to my local Vue Cinema to see 'True Grit', which I enjoyed. But what really brightened up my evening was seeing the trailer for 'Cowboys and Indians' (version 1). It looked impressive on the big screen and I look forward to seeing the film.
Happy you!

I'm going to watch True Grit next weekend (it'll be released next Thursday here in Germany) and I'm sooo hpoinh they'll show the C&A trailer....

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Yes, I saw the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens not Cowboys and Indians! Can't believe I typed that.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:Yes, I saw the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens not Cowboys and Indians! Can't believe I typed that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cute!