News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

JEC57 wrote:Completely off-topic here............ as ex-Army, I LOVE your avatar. :rotfl:
OMG I just squealed when I saw it! F***ing brilliant! :jamming:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just came to my mind - if Noomi will be in Sherlock 2, its obviously not been made yet. And RDJ dropped out of C&A, as he needed to shoot this film during the summer. Does anybody know, what that delay is all about?
Just curious..

Whatever - it was good luck for Daniel...RDJ drops out of C&A, so he can do it and Bond gets delayed, so he can shoot Tattoo and most likely Bond will now be getting started again. Seems the gods are with him right now - all assuming, those films will be successes, which I am positive they will be..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

scottburden1st Watching #LayerCake great film even better book. Only criticism: Daniel Craig doesn't sound like natural swearer!

:rotfl: If only he knew... :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

HONOR BLACKMAN SLAMS LATEST 007 DANIEL CRAIG

read the comments :wink:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... iel-Craig/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:HONOR BLACKMAN SLAMS LATEST 007 DANIEL CRAIG

DANIEL CRAIG BASHING IS A BIT RIDICULOUS

13.09.10, 1:59am

Anybody who believes Daniel Craig is a bad Bond needs to seriously get their head checked, because they must be absolutely mad. First off, one doesn't just wake up one day as a cold-blooded, could-care-less killer without some mental journey along the way unless they have some serious sort of psychosis! Craig's Bond is far more of an exploration of that and could not have been done more fantastically. Craig has more talent in micro-expressions than I've seen from an actor recently. Right down to the minutia, Craig is an amazing Bond. Anyone who would like to think that a person has no emotion should head back to school to learn that our thought and especially emotion centers of our brain are directly wired to those tiny muscles in our face that can fire for a millisecond and covey more meaning in that millisecond than any action or words. Moreover, we have no control over them, so a blank slate killer Bond with a devil-may-care attitude toward women is STILL going to have what Craig so perfectly conveys. Just because someone doesn't wear everything on their sleeve, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in their brain and thus WILL show up somewhere in their micro-expressions at some point. Guess what is becoming far more popular for people in counter-terrorism and intelligence to study? Yes, micro-expressions. Why? Because we cannot hide them!

In addition, Craig isn't a carbon copy or anything, nor is his work. It's called artistic license and interpretation for a reason! If you want a two-a-penny dimwit to rip off and emulate someone else's work, Daniel Craig is obviously not your man. Comparing him to any past or future Bond is an absolute exercise in futility; just like comparing apples and oranges. I'm sure he'd be the first to say that his Bond was supposed to be fresh and that's what the producers wanted! Evaluate him on his merits and what he was asked to do and trusted to do, not on some interpretation from someone about what Ian Fleming might or might not have thought if he were around to see it! I am sure Fleming would be quite pleased to see his character become this timeless. Times change, characters evolve, and Daniel Craig has made his mark on that evolution. Why would anyone want to watch several iterations of the exact same thing? I hope MGM gets its act together soon and gets sold, because there are scores of people out there who are waiting with baited breath to see what he can pull out next.

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

I've always liked Honor Blackman, 'though I wasn't too sad as she was replaced by Diana Rigg in "The Avengers". Diana did a much better job as Emma Peel and was one of my role models in the seventies. Still is.

I also liked Honor as Pussy Galore, but I completely disagree with the things she's said about Daniel and the new Bond movies. But I think I'll better keep it this way: She's and old lady who doesn't know what she's talking about anymore...
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Germangirl wrote:

Anybody who believes Daniel Craig is a bad Bond needs to seriously get their head checked, because they must be absolutely mad. First off, one doesn't just wake up one day as a cold-blooded, could-care-less killer without some mental journey along the way unless they have some serious sort of psychosis! Craig's Bond is far more of an exploration of that and could not have been done more fantastically. Craig has more talent in micro-expressions than I've seen from an actor recently. Right down to the minutia, Craig is an amazing Bond. Anyone who would like to think that a person has no emotion should head back to school to learn that our thought and especially emotion centers of our brain are directly wired to those tiny muscles in our face that can fire for a millisecond and covey more meaning in that millisecond than any action or words. Moreover, we have no control over them, so a blank slate killer Bond with a devil-may-care attitude toward women is STILL going to have what Craig so perfectly conveys. Just because someone doesn't wear everything on their sleeve, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in their brain and thus WILL show up somewhere in their micro-expressions at some point. Guess what is becoming far more popular for people in counter-terrorism and intelligence to study? Yes, micro-expressions. Why? Because we cannot hide them!

In addition, Craig isn't a carbon copy or anything, nor is his work. It's called artistic license and interpretation for a reason! If you want a two-a-penny dimwit to rip off and emulate someone else's work, Daniel Craig is obviously not your man. Comparing him to any past or future Bond is an absolute exercise in futility; just like comparing apples and oranges. I'm sure he'd be the first to say that his Bond was supposed to be fresh and that's what the producers wanted! Evaluate him on his merits and what he was asked to do and trusted to do, not on some interpretation from someone about what Ian Fleming might or might not have thought if he were around to see it! I am sure Fleming would be quite pleased to see his character become this timeless. Times change, characters evolve, and Daniel Craig has made his mark on that evolution. Why would anyone want to watch several iterations of the exact same thing? I hope MGM gets its act together soon and gets sold, because there are scores of people out there who are waiting with baited breath to see what he can pull out next.
I second that!!!
bubita

Post by bubita »

Chrissie65 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I second that!!!
I would be so happy if I could articulate my thoughts that way.
:clapclap:
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.sojournposse.com/?page_id=2688

Speaker: Harley Loudon, Being In Rhythm
Composer and singer Harley Loudon founded Being In Rhythm, an interactive music making and early intervention creative therapy service.

Being In Rhythm was created to provide guidance to realize and develop the potential within each individual to care, listen and be heard.

For several years Loudon worked in the voluntary sector with troubled teenagers and has run music groups and choirs in Uganda with Soft Power Education. She was Head of Music at a primary school in central London and teaches singing and piano as well as playing accordian and various percussion. Currently she works within childrens’ centres.

Loudon studied at University of Canterbury, Kent with continued studies at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, winning scholarships to train in performance in Paris with C.I.C.T. She worked as a musician, composer, singer/songwriter and performer before winning a further scholarship to study an MA in music therapy at Nordoff Robbins.

Loudon has performed at Wembley Arena, Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club and The Hammersmith Apollo. Apart from piano playing, she does TV and film acting and poetry performance. She produced and wrote a one-woman musical called “Storm in a Teacup” to critical acclaim at the Edinburgh Festival and in London.

She was guest vocalist for various artists: Steve Blake (chill Nottingham double bass with bells & motorbikes); Ben Green (single released by Fly Wheel, featured in the soundtrack for Sean Penn’s film The Pledge with Jack Nicholson) and indy rock band Free Radicals. Harley has released two albums of her own compositions and regularly performs. Her first solo album Sometime, Somewhere, Someone was released on iTunes in 2009.

www.beinginrhythm.co.uk
www.myspace.com/harleyloudonsongs

Aesthetics As a Means To Heal at London Design Festival 2010. Venue: University College London, Pearson Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building, Gower Street WC1E 6BT. Time: Friday 24th September. 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm. Ticket & programme: http://sojournposse.eventbrite.com
ImageImage
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Germangirl wrote:

I don't even know whos she is..
she could give us a favour?
Ok go to watch the older James Bond movie...she's aged so maybe her taste are more near to the early Bond era..oh..sure..she can also try to watch Brosnan's Bond movies...
GEZZZZ i'm tired of this garbage...10 years with Brosnan and still everyone complain of something about Craig or the newer cut of the character..i'm really tired of this.
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

$abbatha wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I don't even know whos she is..
she could give us a favour?
Ok go to watch the older James Bond movie...she's aged so maybe her taste are more near to the early Bond era..oh..sure..she can also try to watch Brosnan's Bond movies...
GEZZZZ i'm tired of this garbage...10 years with Brosnan and still everyone complain of something about Craig or the newer cut of the character..i'm really tired of this.
She'd played Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger". She also was the first woman at John Steed's side in "The Avengers", but was later replaced by the much more better Diana Rigg a. k. a. Emma Peel.
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Oh sure now i recognize her!!!

Well since her age probably better for her to not arguing on Bond movies.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thats BS ! She has a right to her opinoin as mush as anyone and unlike some on this board who only know the newer Bonds , she has probably seen and been asked about every Bond since Sean . I think DC and TD and SC embodied the charactor in the book and TD looked like the one written the most ... he was dark haired thats why such a deal was made about Blond Bond . She is comparing to the book .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

$abbatha wrote: GEZZZZ i'm tired of this garbage...10 years with Brosnan and still everyone complain of something about Craig or the newer cut of the character..i'm really tired of this.
Tio be fair, the flak Pierce is getting after CR is almost as bad as what Daniel got pre CR. There are so many points they complain now about him, it seems strange to think, he has ever been popular. What I want to say is as much as I HATE people bashing DC, it happens to all of them (well, maybe not Connery)

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Germangirl wrote:
$abbatha wrote: GEZZZZ i'm tired of this garbage...10 years with Brosnan and still everyone complain of something about Craig or the newer cut of the character..i'm really tired of this.
Tio be fair, the flak Pierce is getting after CR is almost as bad as what Daniel got pre CR. There are so many points they complain now about him, it seems strange to think, he has ever been popular. What I want to say is as much as I HATE people bashing DC, it happens to all of them (well, maybe not Connery)
It happened to Sean Connery as well. Cubby wanted him, since he couldn't get Patrick Magoohan, and the studio did not want him since Connery was considered to 'common' to play Bond.
Crazy!