JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I've heard of a few different shows where actors have directly addressed the audience if a phone rings/see's someone texting. Don't quote me on this but I don't remember whether it was Patti Lupone during her Gypsy run or James Gandolfini who (while in character) embarrased the said phone user so much that they finally told them to leave the theatre. Gosh this is going to bug me now...I need to find out where that was from :?

But you know what, I feel that DC and Mr. Jackman have ever right to do that. If your paying to see them perform for you the audience should give these two their utmost attention and respect. It really can't be that difficult to disconnect from the tech. world for 90 minutes :roll:
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Zibzabzut wrote:It really can't be that difficult to disconnect from the tech. world for 90 minutes :roll:
Unless, like me, you have a phone with a mind of its own!! When my favourite Nokia (which I had to replace earlier this year) was "dying", it had a habit of switching itself back on after I'd switched it off :? It got to the point that I had to take the battery out if I wanted to make sure it was off!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Eek that sucks M-M :cry:

So I had a total 'ah-hah!' moment, I found the board I was looking for in terms of the cell phone usage (at least one of MANY that have been posted via BWW.com):

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/read ... 40#3891991

And EDIT on the James Gandolfini thing: turns out a fan actually tried to get on stage an he threw him out...not for a cell phone :shock:
doubleclapclap

Post by doubleclapclap »

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so do move it if you want :? ...
However, Madonna apparently saw the show with Jesus... http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebri ... re-218809/
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Miss-Meow wrote:
Zibzabzut wrote:It really can't be that difficult to disconnect from the tech. world for 90 minutes :roll:
Unless, like me, you have a phone with a mind of its own!! When my favourite Nokia (which I had to replace earlier this year) was "dying", it had a habit of switching itself back on after I'd switched it off :? It got to the point that I had to take the battery out if I wanted to make sure it was off!!
ha ha! That is too funny!! Wouldn't that be terrible to have the whole theater AND Dan disgusted with you when it's not really your fault?
Last edited by sf2la on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

sf2la wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote:
ha ha! That is too funny!! Wouldn't that be terrible to have the whole theater AND Dan disgusted with you when it's not really your thought?
Oh god no!!! I might be able to cope with the whole of the theatre, but not Dan being annoyed with me :oops: !!! That would never do ...

Mind you, then some spankies might be in order :wink:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Miss-Meow wrote: Oh god no!!! I might be able to cope with the whole of the theatre, but not Dan being annoyed with me :oops: !!! That would never do ...

You would have that stern "Bond" look ALL to yourself :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Germangirl wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote: Oh god no!!! I might be able to cope with the whole of the theatre, but not Dan being annoyed with me :oops: !!! That would never do ...

You would have that stern "Bond" look ALL to yourself :lol:
Now ... that does sound quite tempting after all :twisted:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I thought all theaters had recorded announcents , they do even in hick cities like Tampa and St Pete . My old phoe had a way to shut it off or put vibrate on , the outside of it . the new one doesn't and I haven't figured out how to switch back and forth so I just shut it off . Lucky I wasn't there , I'm cranky menopausal lately and would gone postal on the person ...did that at the movies recently .
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I think your right Laredo; I also thought (and believe it's mentioned in the thread that I posted) that it's illegal to use cell phones during a theatre performance in NYC.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Maybe while driving but not for theaters ??? never heard of that . How could they enforce it other then toss them out .
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I don't think they can technically enforce the rule Laredo; but a friend of mine who does a lot of backstage tech. crews in NYC has said that some ushers do enfore the rule while others don't. I'm still just stoked that DC had the balls to tell that idiot to turn the phone off :D
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I think most actors would do it . It can screw your concentration if they don't have it stopped .
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

So long as they don't forget their marks/and or/lines then I say go for it. That phone user isn't just embarrassing themselves but their ruining the magic experience of live theatre and the empathy an actor is trying to send to an audience.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... yrhkkvRQ0M

Lucky Oprah fans flocked to Central Park today where the TV diva taped her show at Summerstage.

A star-studded guest list -- including Mayor Bloomberg, Mariah Carey and Hugh Jackman -- kept the nearly 2,000 fans entertained.

Carey appeared with husband Nick Canon to give their first interview together. He shared with the audience exactly how he proposed to the pop star (on her rooftop, with a ring wrapped in a candy wrapper); she showed a clip of her upcoming film "Precious" and sang a song from her album "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel."

Canon also dipped Mariah to give her a kiss. Oprah -- wearing a siren red dress and carrying a gold microphone -- announced that Mariah had earned her 18th No. 1 hit song.

The audience, who lined up at 7 a.m. and waited two hours before being let in, received a copy of Oprah's latest book club pick -- a collection of short stories by Uwem Akpan called "Say You're One of Them."

Other guests included Kelly Ripa, Regis Philbin, Daniel Craig and Oprah's best friend, Gail King.

look where hugh mentioned then where daniel mentioned!
i throw flour over basura article
ImageImage