Knives Out

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

videnovasan

Re: Knives Out

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

I saw Knives Out yesterday. A brilliant film. Daniel was terrific in his role. His monologue about the hole in the donut. LOL
This family ... I keep it to myself. Check out the movie. Worth it!

Our screening was sold out. Fortunately, I had reserved places when they were available.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Daniel_Craig wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:06 pm I saw Knives Out yesterday. A brilliant film. Daniel was terrific in his role. His monologue about the hole in the donut. LOL

Our screening was sold out. Fortunately, I had reserved places when they were available.
I'm glad you enjoyed it..... Obviously as much as I did.... Let's cross our fingers tonight..... It is tough company of nominees, but who knows....He really deserves it
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

‘Knives Out’ To Beat ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Domestic B.O.: How Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Hatched A Potential Franchise With $238M+ WW Hit
https://deadline.com/2020/01/knives-out ... 202820693/
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

videnovasan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Daniel_Craig wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:06 pm I saw Knives Out yesterday. A brilliant film. Daniel was terrific in his role. His monologue about the hole in the donut. LOL

I'm glad you enjoyed it..... Obviously as much as I did.... Let's cross our fingers tonight..... It is tough company of nominees, but who knows....He really deserves it
I suspect that everyone who saw the film had a lot of fun. I definitely had fun. The script and especially the cast were awesome! The actors literally lived their roles. we hadn't seen such a family of hypocritical freaks on the big screen for a long time. I have to be careful not to reveal anything about the plot here. It was definitely a great cat and mouse game with surprising twists ...

I hope Daniel wins the Golden Globe. He deserved for his brilliant performance in this film. fingers crossed. :thumbup:
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Daniel_Craig wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:08 pm
videnovasan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm

I suspect that everyone who saw the film had a lot of fun. I definitely had fun. The script and especially the cast were awesome! The actors literally lived their roles. we hadn't seen such a family of hypocritical freaks on the big screen for a long time. I have to be careful not to reveal anything about the plot here. It was definitely a great cat and mouse game with surprising twists ...

I hope Daniel wins the Golden Globe. He deserved for his brilliant performance in this film. fingers crossed. :thumbup:
Yes that is my concern as well....to not spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it yet.... I really think that he deserves the GG as well as for his great performance and for the fact that if he wasn't agreed to shoot it there is good chance to not shoot this movie at all at least not last year. Rian Johnson said it couple of times....I'm not sure I will be able to watch the Globes....with the Oscars is a lot easier. They show then at the National TV, but this.....Anyway fingers crossed.....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

That deadline article is great. Maybe they have s chance to win tonight.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:42 pm That deadline article is great. Maybe they have s chance to win tonight.
Yep. I'm really crossing my fingers.....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Havent heard it. Seems there is a commentary already
https://t.co/0VZ453YYs7

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:06 pm Havent heard it. Seems there is a commentary already
https://t.co/0VZ453YYs7
Don't listen to it before you see the movie....Rian Johnson it giving some spoilers explaining how they shoot this and that. After is interesting. I've just finished listening to it and was about to post it, but you were faster....It will be great if you can watch and listen as suggested...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Went to watch it for the third time yesterday with family and friends. They all liked it very much.
It was the dubbed version yesterday. Mind you the original version they show in very few theaters around here has no subtitles. So if your English is not that good you might get problems. But I have to say they did a good job dubbing it.
Only two scenes where the dubbing took a little bit away from the original.

Will watch the original tomorrow again with my daughter.
Now that Germangirl does not live near by I have to find other people to go with me more than once :lol: :x

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:31 am Went to watch it for the third time yesterday with family and friends. They all liked it very much.
It was the dubbed version yesterday. Mind you the original version they show in very few theaters around here has no subtitles. So if your English is not that good you might get problems. But I have to say they did a good job dubbing it.
Only two scenes where the dubbing took a little bit away from the original.

Will watch the original tomorrow again with my daughter.
Now that Germangirl does not live near by I have to find other people to go with me more than once :lol: :x
I'm planing to see it again as well. Unfortunately mi kiddo is 7 and can't read properly. I should read through the whole movie and the other will kill me so I will see it with some friends..Enjoy your time.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

So no BAFTA nom for Knives Out

https://www.celebitchy.com/647171/bafta ... ategories/

That sucks :evil:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I really dont understand it. He is British, too. I thought Baftas were a given.

In the end, it doesnt matter, because the film performs so well.