Kings

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Re: Kings

Post by Red-Snow »

Hollywood Reporter Critics Pick the 10 Worst Films of 2018
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists ... 18-1170019

7. 'Kings'

In her first English-language feature, French-based Turkish director Deniz Gamze Erguven, whose debut, Mustang, scored an Oscar nomination, deserves credit for revisiting an incendiary chapter in modern American racial conflict at a time of renewed unrest. But for all its honorable intentions to address sensitive issues that still sting, Kings is an unconvincing tonal patchwork. The movie dilutes its powder-keg depiction of the 1992 Los Angeles riots by crafting a central character for Halle Berry that's a glamorous candidate for sainthood — not to mention trapping her in a lame rom-com struggling to break free of its dramatic confines. — DAVID ROONEY
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SEEmed like a bad idea from the start.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

"Kings" is a movie that the world does not need! Even Daniel could not save the movie. I still can not understand why he really wanted to make this movie. Only because of the Regieseur? I always thought he was worth a good script, etc.

Since he does not watch his own films, he is spared this cinematic misery.

I had borrowed the Blu Ray and only seen the Daniel scenes in this movie.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good idea. I would do that too.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..