Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I also wanted to add that I feel so sorry for your friend Cheeky. I would feel devastated if that were me and I am going to be doing some serious praying this week
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Pam I keep my fingers crossed

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I'll have my fingers crossed!

Thanks re: my friend. She gave them a call before and they said they're going to try and sort out those who still want to go with seats for an alternative date but they won't know yet until a) the cast members are better and b) some time early next week. By no means a guarantee but they said the more flexible you can be, the easier it will be - she said they sounded pretty confident they'll be able to accommodate a lot of people. She is lucky in the sense that she can probably do any date/time as she is local to NYC.

Pam, you have a way better buffer than I do. I fly out on Saturday 17th and have tickets for the 18th at 2pm - not ideal as I wanted the Tuesday but it was all I could get. It'll be enough for the jet lag but just need to keep all my fingers and toes are crossed for decent weather and best of luck for both of us!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

From the message board at Broadwayworld.
It seems to be going down very well.

Was there Wednesday night. When you enter the theater, you'll probably be taken aback by what you see (I'll not spoil the experience) and you'll probably be wondering how this is going to work. It does, Brilliantly. The intimacy is amazing - nobody is more than 4 rows from the playing area, and the boldest and most amazing lighting design (often the audience bathed in the same light as the performers) enhances the overall effect. I could go on and on, but suffice to say the cast is outstanding, This is a theatrical experience you will never forget.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cheeky - cast memberS - not just Daniel?

So, we still don't know, what is going on, right?

Yes Sylvia, that sounds intruiging.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Cheeky - cast memberS - not just Daniel?

So, we still don't know, what is going on, right?

Yes Sylvia, that sounds intruiging.
We don't know, possibly more than one of the cast is ill.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Which woud be a sign, its nothing serious.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I reckon its been a dodgey turkey at thanksgiving. I am trying to be positve!ðŸ˜￾
Sylvia's girl

Re: Othello

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I was wondering.... maybe they went to a restaurant - cast and crew - to celebrate the opening night and got collective food poisoning? :dunno:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

I cross my fingers for you Pam !!! :blowkiss:
ImageImageImage
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

The e-mail my friend was sent sort of suggested that it was an illness that was going around "the acting company". It didn't really say it was one person in specific, it just sounded more plural than it did singular.

But as I said the e-mail was poorly written, too, so it could be interpreted both ways.

On the phone she said it sounded as if it was more plural than singular from the person she was speaking with as well.

Food poisoning was our bet too :). If it is, then they are likely back today and tomorrow is a break, so I reckon it'll be definitely back on by Tuesday.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thank you, sounds good - better then just DC is ill... :wink:

It will be alright soon.

PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Just been on the NYTW website and its still showing that there are performances today at 2pm and 7pm so its looks hopeful. I know the UK is 5 hours ahead of NY but it would be still 12 noon so you would think they would know if the 2pm peformance was being cancelled. Also as every other Sunday there is only 1performance at 7pm it looks as though the 2pm performance has been added and surely they would not do that if they knew they would have to cancel.

So hopefully all good :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:thumbup: