Box Office

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All of this is great news :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Yeah good news ! I have also already my tickets for November 10 th ! :) Will see it with hubby and surely one time more !
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am seeing on the 4th as preview on my own.
On Saturday 7th with my son, who comes visiting from Zürich and my daughter. O-tone :D
Then ther weels after Dunda and I start our tour.

Nopt too shabby, eh?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Not bad..... :D

'Spectre' Huge Overseas as 'Martian' Tops Worst Weekend of 2015

The latest James Bond film released in six territories so far where it has taken in $80.4 million, which includes record-breaking numbers in the UK where it opened to an estimated £41.7 million ($63.8 million USD) in its first seven days of release. Spectre took the highest seven day gross record in UK box office history from the last James Bond film, Skyfall.

Additional records were broken in the Netherlands where Spectre took in 3.3 million Euro ($3.7 million USD), surpassing the record set by Skyfall. In the Nordic region, Spectre set records in Finland and Norway with 2.35 million Euro ($2.63 million USD) and 24.4 million krone ($2.88 million USD) respectively. In Denmark it achieved the biggest three-day opening of all time with 28.1 million krone ($4.21 million USD), also surpassing Skyfall. In Sweden it added another 24.95 million krone ($2.97 million USD), 30% over the opening of Skyfall.

Add to that a new IMAX record as it opened with the highest per-location average in IMAX history. Spectre is the first film to ever top a $100,000 per-location average, with $105,000 in 47 IMAX locations.

Now we'll see how it does stateside as it hopes to top the $88.3 million opening Skyfall enjoyed in 2012.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4118&p=.htm :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wonderful read. The best in regards to this film :clapclap:

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Yeah... VERY COOL! 8) :D

B/O seems so important for Bond. On what other movie is the numbers watched so closely? Will it be that way for Star Wars, for example? I am happy because Eon are no doubt happy as should all the cast and crew be, despite some negative reaction. :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Yeah... VERY COOL! 8) :D

B/O seems so important for Bond. On what other movie is the numbers watched so closely? Will it be that way for Star Wars, for example? I am happy because Eon are no doubt happy as should all the cast and crew be, despite some negative reaction. :)
all blockbusters get kind of attention these days, and additionally they give so much meaning to the opening weekend (which is BS IMO)

SW will smash the BO.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
caramel

Post by caramel »

Bond is best of British – and Spectre still has a view to a killing overseas

The blockbuster

In 2012, Skyfall was a gamechanger for Bond. No prior 007 film had taken more than $600m worldwide; Skyfall took $1.1bn, the series’ dramatic credentials strengthened by director Sam Mendes and patriotic broodings in perfect left-hand counterpoint to Britain’s Olympics and the Queen’s diamond jubilee year. Mendes is still on deck for the followup Spectre, as is Daniel Craig. But the lack of real-world hookup this time leaves some doubt about whether it can match its predecessor’s record-breaking gross. The return of a certain nefarious crime syndicate, meanwhile, is not currently bringing Spectre the same critical unanimity enjoyed by Skyfall.

But we know Bond is never really in any danger. Having kicked off with an early, Monday release in the UK, its $63.8m seven-day take is a record here – beating Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’s $42.9m. More promisingly for the franchise, the weekend take has just edged out Skyfall’s: $31.2m to $31m. Apart from a slight drop in the Netherlands, the five other debuting markets this weekend were all improvements, or on par: Finland (Sky: $1.4m; Spec: $2.6m), Norway (Sky: $2.8m; Spec: $2.8m), Denmark (Sky: $2.6m; Spec: $4.2m), Sweden (Sky: $2.8m; Spec: $2.9m).

Proper pontification on the reasons for Spectre’s success can wait until next week, when it will open in 45 more countries, and any progress or otherwise will be clearer. But, for now, it’s worth noting that the franchise has a surprising amount of potential for growth.

All through the Daniel Craig era and immediately before, the UK, Germany and France have consistently been Bond’s top three markets outside the US. Australia, Japan and, increasingly, China usually figure in the top five. But Bond’s sway in emerging territories is still uncertain; in recent memory, Mexico, Brazil and Russia have displayed $10-20m performances that are some way off what, for instance, Marvel’s biggest movies do in those places. Spectre’s bravura Mexico City sequence is surely a direct come-on to that country.

If it can shake and stir other historically non-plussed territories, continue to build in China (where it opens on 17 November) and keep a steady hand in its European heartlands, $1.1bn could be an underestimate.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblo ... e-of-spies
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Box Office: ‘Spectre’ Needs to Make $650 Million to Break Even

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office ... 201633311/
bubita

Post by bubita »

Forbes trashing the film? of course, they pompous little s***s who don´t like to be critiziced for their politics on Digital surveillance.
Rolling Stone, on the other hand, is the one review I would take notice on.
So, I´m seeing the glass half full from now.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

bubita wrote:Forbes trashing the film? of course, they pompous little s***s who don´t like to be critiziced for their politics on Digital surveillance.
There are two reviews from contributors to Forbes, both listed on Rotten Tomatoes. Mark Hughes has given it a good review.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/ ... o-skyfall/
bubita

Post by bubita »

cassandra wrote:
bubita wrote:Forbes trashing the film? of course, they pompous little s***s who don´t like to be critiziced for their politics on Digital surveillance.
There are two reviews from contributors to Forbes, both listed on Rotten Tomatoes. Mark Hughes has given it a good review.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/ ... o-skyfall/
I have to stop reading it because of the spoilers but I won´t say it´s a good review. at best, it´s a bipolar review in the way he explained how great Daniel´s Bond era is and then talking about the awful use of Bond girls in this one. and the tittle says it all " A flawd but worthy sequel to Skyfall"
People tend to pay attention to the worst title, in that matter, the other one was more "tempting".
Last edited by bubita on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I went to my matinee performance this evening and, in a large screen, the cinema was half full. You could have heard a pin drop and people were laughing at the jokes. One little old lady clapped at the end. Maybe Daniel & Sam don't worry about press or critics. Maybe they just want the audience to enjoy themselves and, if they do, they've succeeded. :D 8)
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Tomorrow is the day finally! 8) :!:
I go alone 2 the nearest cinema

& On Sunday I'm taking my sis to an IMAX showing tho I dont have much money but anything for Daniel! :lol: take my money now! :P
Idk about the BO here
I hope for at least in the $20s mil

Imo the lighter tone could really benefit the film here b/c lots of people still prefer Bond to be Brosnan/Moore-esque
It can even convert some haters (who sadly still in abundance & probably throwing a celebration @ the mere mention of a possibility of Dan being replaced :roll: )