Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Spectre November 2015

Post by Dunda »

You may ask: Is it already time to start a topic for this?

I think so. If the will go by the schedule and start shooting in about 12 month, the rumours will start soon

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/19/ ... to-direct/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
roosaann

Post by roosaann »

Can't wait it. It should be out around autumn 2014, right?

I just hope they don't have too much pressure on them after Skyfall.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The sript is in the making, which is necessary for casting and location hunting. So IMO, they can do it. They did for QOS
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote:The sript is in the making, which is necessary for casting and location hunting. So IMO, they can do it. They did for QOS
I'd rather have them take some more time than have a film like QOS again :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But the QOS outcome had to do with the writers strike and an unfinished script, not with the time they had.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote:But the QOS outcome had to do with the writers strike and an unfinished script, not with the time they had.
Well, they could have waited until way after the strike and have them finish/re-work the script, right?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Hannah wrote:
Germangirl wrote:But the QOS outcome had to do with the writers strike and an unfinished script, not with the time they had.
Well, they could have waited until way after the strike and have them finish/re-work the script, right?
I don't think production schedules allow for that, they need to hit the box office release date to recoup the cash outlay.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Hannah wrote:
I don't think production schedules allow for that, they need to hit the box office release date to recoup the cash outlay.
I think, it did hit them in the middle of pre production. Too much had probably been set up already and left no way back.

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

It will be good to keep the flow going. I know I sound like a broken record but the character are in place and could get down to business.
Althought we can't work Daniel to death, we are a greedy bunch and want him all the time.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sam Mendes could make second James Bond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... -Bond.html
The Oscar-winning director is said to have been working on a plot for a follow-up, according to the regular screenwriters of the series.

Scriptwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have worked on five instalments of the series about the suave agent, also revealed they are quitting the franchise.

Speaking during an appearance at the fourth Doha Tribeca Film Festival, Wade said: "We're very happy to have done five Bond movies, I think we've gotten it to a good place.

"I know that John Logan (screenwriter) and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time."
caramel

Post by caramel »

bumblebee wrote:Sam Mendes could make second James Bond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... -Bond.html
The Oscar-winning director is said to have been working on a plot for a follow-up, according to the regular screenwriters of the series.

Scriptwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have worked on five instalments of the series about the suave agent, also revealed they are quitting the franchise.

Speaking during an appearance at the fourth Doha Tribeca Film Festival, Wade said: "We're very happy to have done five Bond movies, I think we've gotten it to a good place.

"I know that John Logan (screenwriter) and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time."
That means we will have Roger Deakins too \:D/
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Meh I want Matthew Vaughn as director. He showed with Layer Cake, Kick-Ass and X-Man: First Class that he is capable to do movie with action or fight scenes and all the movies have good pacing.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, he could be able to do it. But can he handle the large scale? I have to loook up, what he did.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Yeah, he could be able to do it. But can he handle the large scale? I have to loook up, what he did.
Vaughn's biggest movie was Xmen with 160 mill budget.

He would be a good choice but I'm not sure it will ever happen. He always said he would want to make a Bond movie and when he did Xmen he said that this is his Bond so to speak. The enourmes sets, the over the top villian, the great action scenes etc.

With the overwhelming reception of Skyfall and it's success at the BO, I think if Mendes wants to do another one, they'll offer it to him.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am sure, the offer for Sam is on the table. He just needs to grab it. But I can understand, that making films like this is a very daunting experience at times and you need to recover from it. In a way its - will I have recovered by the time, I need to get on with it again?