DH reviews (spoiler alert)

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ Yeah, no chance in hell. Isn't that a shame??!! They would sell so many DVDs if they showed both, or at least the deleted hot scenes. I was so looking forward to see that super-hot kiss in action. At least there was a lot of passion to help compensate.

I loved reading those bits of reviews above about the great acting. I don't know how anyone could comment either way about NW. She didn't have many lines that I can remember, and it seems anyone could have played her small part.

My kidsitting gig is over, so I will see it again tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it - so much for than C&A. I can't even compare how much more entertaining this is for a DC fan than C&A. This is mesmerizing.

Caramel - YEA!!! You FINALLY saw it. I am impressed at your self-discipline at not coming up with some excuse this weekend. Thank goodness school is back in session, too. I 'may' sit through two showings tomorrow like tboss and I did on Friday. I want to focus on more of the plot tomorrow to hopefully answer a questions I have.

The final scene tboss was referring to was the one where he walked past the store window. Don't let her kid you though; she exhaled all the air in her body too. We were in a comatose stupor.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

I liked that scene too! I want the poster of DC as an author :thud:
caramel

Post by caramel »

Cyanaurora wrote:I liked that scene too! I want the poster of DC as an author :thud:
I loved the sober thoughtfulness he shows in that scene and OMG his haircut!! :thud:
Poor Will had tears in his eyes. Did you guys notice?
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

caramel wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:I liked that scene too! I want the poster of DC as an author :thud:
I loved the sober thoughtfulness he shows in that scene and OMG his haircut!! :thud:
Yes, I noticed. DC's hair is my favorite length in this movie :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
He was Manhattan handsomeness at its finest in that scene. The clothes, the hair, everything... What? Tears in his eyes??? No, I missed that! I swear, it takes a community to notice everything. Just like tboss's butt cheek twitch in C&A - LOL!
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote:
He was Manhattan handsomeness at its finest in that scene. The clothes, the hair, everything... What? Tears in his eyes??? No, I missed that! I swear, it takes a community to notice everything. Just like tboss's butt cheek twitch in C&A - LOL!
I liked the gray sweat pants PFA in DH :twisted:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Cyanaurora wrote:
sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote: I loved the sober thoughtfulness he shows in that scene and OMG his haircut!! :thud:
I liked the gray sweat pants PFA in DH :twisted:
Those and the t-shirt :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm reluctant to give away the type it was as I don't want to spoil things too much...Everything was done to show off Daniel's physical condition.

You know, it really is a shame that he couldn't be nominated for an Oscar for this movie. Who cares if it's not a critical success. He outacted Brad 1000-to-1. Brad was good, but his character wasn't nearly as complex as Daniel's.
khenton

Post by khenton »

I can see it. Like Citizen Kane. Rows and rows of old rotting film footage and me with my white hair and more wrinkles than a blood hound. Truffle hunting. I expire with the film can in my hand. Cut print My house for the wake Free drinks! Just bury me with the footage. Better yet make a huge funeral pyre I'll make a small but vibrant blaze After you have all viewed the footage and wept accordingly :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

khenton wrote:I can see it. Like Citizen Kane. Rows and rows of old rotting film footage and me with my white hair and more wrinkles than a blood hound. Truffle hunting. I expire with the film can in my hand. Cut print My house for the wake Free drinks! Just bury me with the footage. Better yet make a huge funeral pyre I'll make a small but vibrant blaze After you have all viewed the footage and wept accordingly :wink: k
We would line your casket with naked pics of DC, front and PFA :twisted:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Cyanaurora wrote:
khenton wrote:I can see it. Like Citizen Kane. Rows and rows of old rotting film footage and me with my white hair and more wrinkles than a blood hound. Truffle hunting. I expire with the film can in my hand. Cut print My house for the wake Free drinks! Just bury me with the footage. Better yet make a huge funeral pyre I'll make a small but vibrant blaze After you have all viewed the footage and wept accordingly :wink: k
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now THAT is the way to go out! I love it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not really funny, but in a way ... about the guy, who was dead in the theater for DH. One comment was - "Imagine the last you see is DC" even though the poster was not overly excited about that aspect :lol:

@Caramel: I like the way, you put your review. It has the good and the bad put in a sensitive way and IMO put straight, what the critics are talking about.

Gosh, I can't wait to find out, how I put together the pieces and if it makes sense to me. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cyanaurora wrote:
Yeah, no flowers for her OR us :lol: How boring... :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Oh geez....I went to the movie yesterday and forgot to notice the tears in his eyes at the end!

I went to to the VERY early showing - 10:50am, and there were just four of us, all sitting alone. Three men and me. I would guess the men came to see Rachel just like I came to see Daniel.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

sf2la wrote:Oh geez....I went to the movie yesterday and forgot to notice the tears in his eyes at the end!

I went to to the VERY early showing - 10:50am, and there were just four of us, all sitting alone. Three men and me. I would guess the men came to see Rachel just like I came to see Daniel.
I hope you packed your pepper spray!
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sf2la wrote:Oh geez....I went to the movie yesterday and forgot to notice the tears in his eyes at the end!

Really? Living in the Bay Area, don't you think they might have been there to see DC?