Where to post the pics...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Where to post the pics...

Post by Germangirl »

...we think, it does get confusing with the load of pics we get recently. We tried, to keep Rachel out of the threads, where her pics would actually belong in order to show respect to those, who don’t like her. We tried and it didn’t work really. As you can read, member start complaining about it and therefore we decided to change it back to normal.
It will make life easier also for our ardent pics poster (THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU)

As we have seen, its difficult to please everybody. Sometimes not possible. RW is now a close and important part of DC`s life, like it or not, and trying to cut her out of some threads doesn’t make sense anymore.
We hope, you all will see the logic in this. Thank you

We feel, its time to put our energy back into positive vibes and positive communications. Waiting until its again the fun place, it used to be, won't do the trick - all those, who care about this forum, can and should do their bits to make this happen now...we feel, this forum has given so much to so many people, that its surely worth the effort of forgetting about the hits we took and work for a brighter future..

Rachel alone – stays in her „other actors“ thread.

DC and RW papped together goes into pap thread from now on

Pics of DC during filming goes to the film thread, all his upcoming movies have, NOT into the pap thread, for not repeating them.

The DC/RW news thread will contain news from now on and no pics or vids. Those will go in the appropriate threads
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Thanks for clearing this up, GG
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

:thumbup:
bubita

Post by bubita »

bumblebee wrote::thumbup:
:stick_iagree:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Totally understand the above changes, and I see and acknowledge your plea to make this a fun place again. That would be lovely.

What is inescapable is that for some time now, a lot of the talk ends up about RW. Unfortunately, those of us who could not care less about her find little to contribute to "the fun" because it's all about Rachel's hair, Rachel's skin, Rachel's clothes, Rachel's style, Rachel's child, Rachel's ex, Rachel's sex life, Rachel's films, Rachel's TV ads.

Nobody wants to spoil the fun for RW's fans here, but in order have a conversation which doesn't end up with her, some of us (at the last count there are now 11) now have discussions off-forum about Daniel.

There is also the expectation that if a fan wishes Daniel well, we should "be happy" for him, and embrace RW. Only a mean-spirited person would not wish Daniel well, but that does not mean one has to also be a fan of his latest choice.

I don't know how to solve this, and the others in the "Purely Daniel" group are loath to speak up in case of re-hashing previous problems, and also appearing to be mean-spirited towards those who form the strong RW fan club here.

As has been pointed out before, firstly, this is not a public space and secondly, the forum is what members make it. Personally, what I see is that this is now a joint RW and DC forum.

So I guess my conclusion is....the posting choices above are logical, and it would be lovely to have the universal fun back.....but the reality is, some have their fun out in the forum where RW now has such a large presence and some of us gather in e-mails to discuss Daniel in an RW-free zone.

The conundrum is this....how to bring the two sides together for the better fun of all concerned.

I don't expect anyone who shares the above view to speak up in agreement, and I would not expect them to unless they felt comfortable doing so......this just me sticking my neck out to say what some people think but don't want to say in public.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I completely get what you are saying and I'm fine with this.

In the past we took care about that nobody bashed Sats and now we take care about that nobody bashs Rachel.

It's natural that there is more speak about Rachel, because a) she's the new one and b) she has been in the public eye for quite some time.

There are stories and pics of her around before Daniel and that was not the case with Satsuki. We discussed the little we found about Satsuki on this forum as well (her sport carrer at highschool etc. or her upcoming movie).

If you (and I don't mean you personally and I don't want to offend you or any other person who doesn't like her for whatever reason) want a Rachel free discussion then it's perfect to do that via email, facebook or whatever.

This forum will not be Rachel free as long as he is with her, just as it was not Satsuki fee when he was with Satsuki.

I'm going to close this thread, there will be no discussion about that.
You can't be everybody's darling, so I don't try and waste my energy.
Sorry, but I'm tired of the whole thing.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
The conundrum is this....how to bring the two sides together for the better fun of all concerned.
This can only happen, if neither group is watched as an outcast group by the other. As long as getting an opposite opinion to a post you do is considered as a personal attack, this won't work.I feel, that not taking ourselves (and this goes for all of us) all too seriously at all times, might help.

The problem I see is - how those, who don't want to read, see or hear about her, can remain a vocal part, because its just natural now, that she is on people minds. This will slow down, no question about it, once the "new" factor is gone. As much, as I would like these members to enjoy themselves again here, as much do I see their problem to do so.

BTW - I am NOT totally sure, how anybody can discuss Daniel these days without mentioning Rachel. No offense here, but are you sure, you are not really talking about a zone, where people feel free to bash her? You have to be no genius to assume, that NOT talking about a subject of hate/dislike is hard to do. I am glad, its not done on here, though, because this IS - first and foremost - a fan forum and unless, he shoots somebody, I feel, there should be support for him, which at least means IMO, you are able to "live" with the person, he chose for himself.

There NEEDS to be an end, because it gets tiring for ALL concerned.

Sorry Dunda, locking this again...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I just got an unexpected message, that gave us reason to think this over and opening it for discussion again.

But please - as I received the message - this is about trying to get over the beginning dislike of two groups here, that splits the forum - this is about trying to find a way to live together, without one group dictating over the other - this is about each group making a step forward to become a unit again and this should be IMO about how we can trust each other again with posting, what's on our minds, which means, posting again and see, what happens...

But - miracles there won't be. The question still remains, how those, who dislike Rachel can adapt to us speaking about her - the one thing, that can't be taken off here.

It won't be easy to come to a conclusion, but maybe with a fresh start and a bit of good will, it can be done.

So - if there are people, who have an opinion and didn't have their saying, do it now. But this should be about solutions and not complains.
This is - I think - our last chance to look each other in the eyes and be honest about things.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Why dislike Rachel? It's all up to Daniel, she's part of his life now. Daniel would'nt be happy if he came here and see all of the hate things about his girlfriend, I would imagine that he would be hurt. I think that people who do not like Rachel, should move on and accept that Rachel is in Daniel's life, and back off. It is childish really.

Daniel is only a human being and he can't help who he fall in love with. That is all.

SDF xx
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Please no attacking of each other - this goes only by acceptance - of each other and of Daniel, of course.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Are we looking for a solution to co-habiting with fun, I thought we had got back to that and now it's all up for discussion again? I thought this thread was for simple clarification on where to find pics now.

I have a proposal. Look at the pics and skim over the comments we make. Surely we should not be moderated on the comments we make about Rachel or RW and DC.

Or just ignore the thread and look at the new pics on JJ. I don't like Tin Tin or the idea of Daniel in a cartoon, so I ignore that thread. Maybe time will change my opinion of Tin Tin, but till then - no thank you!

PS. That doesn't mean I don't love you all! :wink:

:peace2:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Are we looking for a solution to co-habiting with fun, I thought we had got back to that and now it's all up for discussion again?

:peace2:
No, unfortunately we are not back to unspoiled fun and no, no more discussion, god beware.
This should be about shaking hands, underlined by ideas, how this can be done.
I have a proposal. Look at the pics and skim over the comments we make. Surely we should not be moderated on the comments we make about Rachel or RW and DC.
a) That is one idea and b) no, because all the comments should be done in a way, where no moderation in necessary.

StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

BB does have a point. We should be free to say what we want - but BB has the right idea of skimming the comments if it includes Rachel, I don't care really about Rachel - I come here for fun and playing around with nice people.

SDF xx
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

StarryDannyFan wrote:BB does have a point. We should be free to say what we want - but BB has the right idea of skimming the comments if it includes Rachel, I don't care really about Rachel - I come here for fun and playing around with nice people.

SDF xx
Point is, that those, who dislike R claim, they are shut up and don't have that right of free speech. Now this is, of course, a case of how you receive answers to a post. If a different opinion is felt as being shut down, its difficult and not free speech. I still say - again - as long as it isn't nasty, it can be said. But from both sides without the other feeling offended.