The Dry Spell

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :o Now the twitter makes sense! Get me back to the city NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I wish.... :sigh:)
purple

Post by purple »

Dunda wrote:He got good reviews for A view from the Bridge.
Which he SO deserves! I saw the play and he was amazing - and on top of it all he is a very attractive man...in my book anyway :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and Daniel is godfather to his children.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:..and Daniel is godfather to his children.
Yes, to his eldest son, as far as I remember correctly. He also dubbed Daniel into German in Obsession :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel to attend Froch v Groves boxing match at Wembley Stadium on Saturday?

For one night only, the pizzazz of Caesar’s Palace will be transplanted to the borough of Brent, where he has attracted Daniel Craig, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Zara Phillips and the entire England football team, enjoying a little pugilistic distraction between Friday’s game against Peru and Sunday’s flight to their Miami training camp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... tless.html

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/20 ... es-Rematch
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm - would be nice. Fingers crossed. Sounds like a big deal anyway. Thanks :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elliot Foster ‏@FreelanceFoz 2h
Daniel Craig, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Zara Phillips and the entire England football team all expected to attend #FrochGroves2.

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:Elliot Foster ‏@FreelanceFoz 2h
Daniel Craig, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Zara Phillips and the entire England football team all expected to attend #FrochGroves2.
I hope there's some hope for pictures :)

I REALLY miss Daniel, I guess it's the Dragon Tattoo time for me then - I badly need to hear and see Daniel yell CAAAAAAAAAAT!

I can't tell how many times I've seen this movie already :oops:
It's one of my most frequently re-watched Daniel movies (alongside CR, Skyfall, Defiance and Enduring Love).
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I know what you mean, Alina. Watching Addicted to the Stars the other day did me good because it reminded me what an incredible actor he is - I hadn't seen him in anything for a while. It's too easy to objectify him when just looking at stills, to see him just as something beautiful like a work of art. But watching him act is the reason we're fans, and I miss seeing him in new films.
purple

Post by purple »

Alina wrote: I badly need to hear and see Daniel yell CAAAAAAAAAAT!
This soooooo sweet and funny :D

My list of most watched DC films (random order): CR, SF, QoS, TGWTDT, Layer Cake and Ice House.

This a bit odd, because as we discussed yesterday evening, my favourites among his films (aka most artistically accomplished imo) are The Mother, Love is the Devil, Infamous, Our Friends in the North, Some Voices.

Obviously I consider his Bond movies artistically accomplished too, but just on a different level.
purple

Post by purple »

CockHargreaves wrote:I know what you mean, Alina. Watching Addicted to the Stars the other day did me good because it reminded me what an incredible actor he is - I hadn't seen him in anything for a while. It's too easy to objectify him when just looking at stills, to see him just as something beautiful like a work of art. But watching him act is the reason we're fans, and I miss seeing him in new films.
:stick_iagree:

Re the part in bold: hehe Cocky, Sam Mendes said almost the same thing in a very recent interview - smth along the line "seeing DC in Betrayal reminded me what a great actor he is outside Bond".

I see we all agree on that :D
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

He's awesome in Bond too, of course - we agree on that, too :wink:
purple

Post by purple »

Absolutely!
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:I know what you mean, Alina. Watching Addicted to the Stars the other day did me good because it reminded me what an incredible actor he is - I hadn't seen him in anything for a while. It's too easy to objectify him when just looking at stills, to see him just as something beautiful like a work of art. But watching him act is the reason we're fans, and I miss seeing him in new films.
^ THIS! I really need to see him ACT, that's why I watch his movies so often, I love pictures, but as you said, CockH, seeing Daniel actually ACT, MOVE, SPEAK, SMILE, SMIRK, etc is a totally different experience on many levels.

purple wrote:My list of most watched DC films (random order): CR, SF, QoS, TGWTDT, Layer Cake and Ice House.

This a bit odd, because as we discussed yesterday evening, my favourites among his films (aka most artistically accomplished imo) are The Mother, Love is the Devil, Infamous, Our Friends in the North, Some Voices.

Obviously I consider his Bond movies artistically accomplished too, but just on a different level.
I agree, purple, it's a bit odd - my favourites as far as his acting is concerned are Infamous (can't watch it too often though, just can't, I get too emotional), The Jacket (I often watch just the Daniel bits), Love is the Devil (well, I watched it quite a few times, but it's not a kind of a movie I feel like watching often), The Mother (this one I actually DO watch from time to time, I could add it to my "frequently watched list"), Our Friends in the North ( very good, often come back to Daniel bits, at random), Some Voices (lovely and also belongs in the "frequently watched category"), Layer Cake (a very good movie, I watch it from time to time, not too often though, don't really know why, when I do it's mostly the Daniel bits), Sylvia (depressing, Daniel looks and acts great, I sometimes come back to it when I need to see a woman obsessed with him ;) ).

In Bonds I get the total package - great acting, divine looks and an entertaining story.
Dragon Tattoo - awesome looks, great acting, CAAAAAAAT! a thrilling story
Enduring Love - great acting, very good looks, the "marching on Poland" conversation, interesting plot, simplicity of narration, I don't know, it just appeals to me.
Defiance - I love Daniel in it, despite the accent (it's not that it's bad or something, but I ADORE when he speaks with the British accent, his voice gets so gentle, sexy and deep then and I melt)
Dream House - Daniel nad Rachel have great chemistry and although it's not a masterpiece I still like it.

To sum up, I actually re-watch most of his movies just some of them I watch more often than others. I'm not even sure right now if the above list makes any sense :) It all really depends on my mood, but it's true, that I'm very often in the mood for Bond, Tuvia and Mikael.

YKES! I forgot to mention Road to Perdition and Munich among his best acting performances - it's just because although I bow to him for his acting there, I don't re-watch these movies too often. However, I often come back to the Daniel "bits" in RtP - I love him as a villain.
purple

Post by purple »

Alina wrote:
I ADORE when he speaks with the British accent, his voice gets so gentle, sexy and deep then and I melt)
I know exactly how you feel :D Actually the two things I find most attractive about him are his voice and very shy and bitter (and a tiny bit ironic) smile which remains mainly in his eyes and rarely goes down to his lips. But it is so genuine and striking and it lights up his entire face...I don't know how to explain it...he does it a lot in SF...