Tony's awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cecilia57

Tony's awards

Post by cecilia57 »

Does anybody know if Daniel will be at the Tony awards? I hope so!!! :D
calypso

Re: Tony's awards

Post by calypso »

cecilia57 wrote:Does anybody know if Daniel will be at the Tony awards? I hope so!!! :D
I think he will be even if he not nominated.

here tony homepage:
http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/index.html

nominations announced same time as last year? june 7th?
ImageImage
Corellianjedi2

Re: Tony's awards

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

calypso wrote:
cecilia57 wrote:Does anybody know if Daniel will be at the Tony awards? I hope so!!! :D
I think he will be even if he not nominated.

here tony homepage:
http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/index.html

nominations announced same time as last year? june 7th?
May 4th they'll be announced! GAH! Can't wait! It's been an amazing season on broadway!
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

May 4th they'll be announced! GAH! Can't wait! It's been an amazing season on broadway!
btw what are his chances ? or Hugh's?
Ive been wondering about Tonys quite a bit lately. THx for the noms info It will be THAT interesting cant wait either 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:
btw what are his chances ? or Hugh's?
Ive been wondering about Tonys quite a bit lately. THx for the noms info It will be THAT interesting cant wait either 8)
From what I read about Tony suggestions from people, neither will be nominated. Daniel was only named once, I think, but we can hope for a nice surprise as, of course, nothing is written in stone, yet. But since the play wasn´t highly rated by the critics, that might weaken his chance for a nomination.
Last edited by Germangirl on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Its been an insane year for plays. Everyone is so great! And some haven't opened yet (Denzel in Fences). I think it'll definitely be interesting who get's nominated. My guess is the front runner is Liev, followed by Michael McKean (Superior Donuts), Brian Darcy James (Time Stands Still), Denzel (Fences) [hasn't opened], MIchael Cerveris (In The Next Room), and maybe Norbert Leo Butz (Enron) [hasn't opened] but I think that he does stand some chance. Especially with all he and Hugh did for the bway community. *shrug* I can't wait!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:Its been an insane year for plays. Everyone is so great! And some haven't opened yet (Denzel in Fences). I think it'll definitely be interesting who get's nominated. My guess is the front runner is Liev, followed by Michael McKean (Superior Donuts), Brian Darcy James (Time Stands Still), Denzel (Fences) [hasn't opened], MIchael Cerveris (In The Next Room), and maybe Norbert Leo Butz (Enron) [hasn't opened] but I think that he does stand some chance. Especially with all he and Hugh did for the bway community. *shrug* I can't wait!!!
A nomination would be great - he doesn´t have to win. He would be the first to admit, someone else was better :wink:
Jude also has a chance for a nom, I feel.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote:Its been an insane year for plays. Everyone is so great! And some haven't opened yet (Denzel in Fences). I think it'll definitely be interesting who get's nominated. My guess is the front runner is Liev, followed by Michael McKean (Superior Donuts), Brian Darcy James (Time Stands Still), Denzel (Fences) [hasn't opened], MIchael Cerveris (In The Next Room), and maybe Norbert Leo Butz (Enron) [hasn't opened] but I think that he does stand some chance. Especially with all he and Hugh did for the bway community. *shrug* I can't wait!!!
A nomination would be great - he doesn´t have to win. He would be the first to admit, someone else was better :wink:
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. :P Although there wasn't really as much love for Hamlet as there had been previously in London.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. :P Although there wasn't really as much love for Hamlet as there had been previously in London.
I would think, the New York critics see it as their duty to not be too positive. Their glass is always half empty, right?

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote:
Germangirl wrote: A nomination would be great - he doesn´t have to win. He would be the first to admit, someone else was better :wink:
I would think, the New York critics see it as their duty to not be too positive. Their glass is always half empty, right?
Theoretically yes, But like most award voters, they aren't always consistent. :P Like when Raul's Tony was ROBBED from him! We shall see!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Here come comments - I don´t see Daniel having a chance, named only once. Seems Liev might get nominated for sure, from what i read.

Elisa - you saw both. Would you say Liev is the better actor or was his role just more rewarding. From what I remember, you were blown away by his persormance.
There seems to be a legitimate contest in the Best Actor category, with both Christopher Walken and Alfred Molina giving the kind of performances the Tonys ought to be about, and several other actors (Shaloub, Schreiber, James, Spader, Garber, Craig, Law) giving worthy performances as well. You could say there is a contest of sorts between Valerie Harper's grand work in LOOPED and Laura Linney's more natural approach in TIME STANDS STILL. It has been a much more impressive year for plays than for musicals all around.

Lead Actor in a Play
Christopher Walken - Spokane
Brian d'Arcy James - Time Stands Still
Alfred Molina - Red
Liev Schreiber - Bridge
Denzel Washington – Fences

Raul Esparza has it in the bag this year. I'm SURE this time. 100%. :wink:
I hope for you, Elisa..

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmess ... ad=1013181

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:Here come comments - I don´t see Daniel having a chance, named only once. Seems Liev might get nominated for sure, from what i read.

Elisa - you saw both. Would you say Liev is the better actor or was his role just more rewarding. From what I remember, you were blown away by his persormance.
There seems to be a legitimate contest in the Best Actor category, with both Christopher Walken and Alfred Molina giving the kind of performances the Tonys ought to be about, and several other actors (Shaloub, Schreiber, James, Spader, Garber, Craig, Law) giving worthy performances as well. You could say there is a contest of sorts between Valerie Harper's grand work in LOOPED and Laura Linney's more natural approach in TIME STANDS STILL. It has been a much more impressive year for plays than for musicals all around.

Lead Actor in a Play
Christopher Walken - Spokane
Brian d'Arcy James - Time Stands Still
Alfred Molina - Red
Liev Schreiber - Bridge
Denzel Washington – Fences

Raul Esparza has it in the bag this year. I'm SURE this time. 100%. :wink:
I hope for you, Elisa..

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmess ... ad=1013181
Eek! I forot about Walken. I've heard he's INCREDIBLE as well. UGH. Oh well. Oh Raul. Everyone teases him so. :P
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Could you answer this, please - really interests me. :wink:

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:

I don't think I could really compare the two. I thought they were both superb in their respective roles. But to be honest, Liev I think was given more to work with. I feel like AVFTB had more depth to it. Kind of. I don't know. Maybe I'm talking through my ass. Haha.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I don't think I could really compare the two. I thought they were both superb in their respective roles. But to be honest, Liev I think was given more to work with. I feel like AVFTB had more depth to it. Kind of. I don't know. Maybe I'm talking through my ass. Haha.
Thanks - somehow that´s what I thought and I don´t think, you talk thru your pfa :wink: