Hope for Haiti Telethon

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Hope for Haiti Telethon

Post by calypso »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... um=twitter

"There are about 130, 140 actors and athletes and singers that are all just coming up - not to be on the show - simply to answer phones," George Clooney tells MTV's Sway Calloway about tonight's Hope for Haiti Now telethon.

To see the list of celebs, hit Read more.

The lineup of superstar operators includes (in alphabetical order): Ben Affleck, Tim Allen, Jennifer Aniston, David Archuleta, Alec Baldwin, Ellen Barkin, Drew Barrymore, Jack Black, Emily Blunt, Russell Brand, Benjamin Bratt, Pierce Brosnan, Gerard Butler, Chevy Chase, Kristin Chenoweth, Sacha Baron Cohen, Common, Cat Cora, Bradley Cooper, Daniel Craig, Cindy Crawford, Penelope Cruz, Billy Crystal, John Cusack, Eric Dane, Ellen DeGeneres, Fran Drescher, Michael Clarke Duncan, Zac Efron, Jenna Elfman, Colin Farrell, Andy Garcia, Mel Gibson, Tyrese Gibson, Selena Gomez, Neil Patrick Harris, Taraji P. Henson, Dijmon Honsou, Vanessa Hudgens, Randy Jackson, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Dwayne Johnson, Nick Jonas, Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas, Quincy Jones, Diane Keaton, Michael Keaton, Anna Kendrick, Greg Kinnear, Jane Krakowski, John Krasinksi, Jessica Lange, Taylor Lautner, Daniel Day Lewis, Jared Leto, Justin Long, Rose McGowan, Ewan McGregor, Toby Maguire, Ricky Martin, Katharine McPhee, Debra Messing, Alyssa Milano, Jack Nicholson, Keke Palmer, Holly Robinson Peete, Tyler Perry, Chris Pine, Jeremy Piven, Jeremy Renner, Tim Robbins, Ray Romano, Jeri Ryan, Meg Ryan, Zoe Saldana, Adam Sandler, Nicole Scherzinger, Gabourey Sidibe, Kimora Lee Simmons, Russell Simmons, Christian Slater, Steven Spielberg, Molly Sims, Ringo Starr, Charlize Theron, Ashley Tisdale, Marisa Tomei, Amber Valleta, Sofia Vergara, Mark Wahlberg, Joe Walsh, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, Olivia Wilde, Rainn Wilson, Robin Williams, Reese Witherspoon, and Noah Wyle.

And here are the stars slated to PERFORM: Wyclef Jean, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, Emeline Michel and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Beyoncé, Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna in London.

Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief special that begins at 8pm ET on Friday (January 22).
The two-hour long special is a collaboration between George Clooney and MTV Networks and will air on various channels.

Maybe there will be a chance to see him? :D
ImageImage
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

OR can u imagine if u called and Daniel was the on that takes ur donation? lol
calypso

Post by calypso »

Jocelyn919 wrote:OR can u imagine if u called and Daniel was the on that takes ur donation? lol
:-k

I think about that maybe he fly back to New York to studio (MTV?) as that is closest place as stars are performing in New York yes?

all set up on east coast?

anyone live in new york might see him again.
ImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

IMO, Daniel will help as operator.
I have heard about this in the news. Daniels support and helping offer was very fast in my mind. BTW, I did not expect something else from "our man".
(I just imagine if Daniel would pick up my phone call...................)
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

That's amazing :D. I will definetely watch it even more now.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

I'll watch it too, I think this is great.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
calypso

Post by calypso »

i was not going too as it upsetting much to me but daniel knows that his presence like other stars will make fans to watch and possibly donate some or more money.

he realizes his celebrity power and uses it well. i not think he will be high profile on camera. he will sneak in and take calls then leave quietly.

is like him more than some other stars who will want camera time yes?
ImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

calypso wrote:i was not going too as it upsetting much to me but daniel knows that his presence like other stars will make fans to watch and possibly donate some or more money.

he realizes his celebrity power and uses it well. i not think he will be high profile on camera. he will sneak in and take calls then leave quietly.

Yes, I think the same. Daniel always prefers...the more silent way to help. And I apprechiate this very, very much :D :D :D .
calypso

Post by calypso »

Jana66 wrote:IMO, Daniel will help as operator.
I have heard about this in the news. Daniels support and helping offer was very fast in my mind. BTW, I did not expect something else from "our man".
(I just imagine if Daniel would pick up my phone call...................)
si it already say he will be taking calls. i not think he will be on camera at all which he like but not good for us. :(
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

It´s fantastic he could help, there are many chilean people in Haiti as UN soldiers.
Hope they raise a lot :)
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

calypso wrote:http://www.thestar.com/news/world/haiti ... ti-concert

maybe he might be here?
i heard they only invited Canadian artists to the Canada one
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - its from London, New York and LA at the same time, which means

for the Germans :evil:
Sendetermine auf MTV:

'George Clooneys Spendenmarathon für Haiti':
Freitag, 22. Januar 2010, von 02:00 – 04:00 Uhr
Na Klasse :x

Weitere Sendetermine auf MTV:
Samstag, 23, Januar 2010, von 21:00 - 23:00 Uhr (Wh.)

Sonntag, 24, Januar 2010 um 11 Uhr

3 hours to go. Guess they show the celebs sitting on their phones, being busy and therefore, those who watch might catch a short glimpse of him...
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jana66 wrote:
calypso wrote:i was not going too as it upsetting much to me but daniel knows that his presence like other stars will make fans to watch and possibly donate some or more money.

Yes, I think the same. Daniel always prefers...the more silent way to help. And I apprechiate this very, very much :D :D :D .
Like Hugh was saying - "I saw all the quiet little things he is doing..."
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

He could introduce someone . Its only a 2 hr show .