Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:You really find the most interesting stuff - amazing how she seemed to know practically nothing about the film.

it on the twitter but i think maybe she not say much due to confidentiality about script but i sure she met daniel as naomi has scenes with him but we not see any yet but i think all were filmed inside studio.
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:As of right now, Daniel Craig will be back at the Oakville location to film the last scenes from March 19-23.
March 18th the WWO fund in LA yes? :shock:
It doesn't look like if he or Hugh had been there. No pic of them at getty which has now pics from the event online :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Dunda wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:As of right now, Daniel Craig will be back at the Oakville location to film the last scenes from March 19-23.
March 18th the WWO fund in LA yes? :shock:
It doesn't look like if he or Hugh had been there. No pic of them at getty which has now pics from the event online :(
Glad I didn't go then.
Sammijane

Post by Sammijane »

Cyanaurora wrote:
Dunda wrote:
calypso wrote: March 18th the WWO fund in LA yes? :shock:
Glad I didn't go then.
I could understand Dan not being there as he is filming but Hugh was in L.A cause his did the Tonight Show on Wed night, maybe there is still more pictures to come..........we can only hope :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sammijane wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:
Dunda wrote: It doesn't look like if he or Hugh had been there. No pic of them at getty which has now pics from the event online :(
Glad I didn't go then.
I could understand Dan not being there as he is filming but Hugh was in L.A cause his did the Tonight Show on Wed night, maybe there is still more pictures to come..........we can only hope :roll:
Now that is really strange then :roll: As for the Tonight Show - does he have anything to promote?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:
Sammijane wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote: Glad I didn't go then.
Now that is really strange then :roll: As for the Tonight Show - does he have anything to promote?
not a at the moment :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sammijane wrote: I could understand Dan not being there as he is filming but Hugh was in L.A cause his did the Tonight Show on Wed night, maybe there is still more pictures to come..........we can only hope :roll:
So why then is he on the Show? Just curious. Maybe just because he is such a nice guest to have. :wink:

I didn´t go into details about why etc Leno is back, but remembering, that he has good chemistry with DC, it will be nice to see Daniel on his show again, too. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Now that is really strange then :roll: As for the Tonight Show - does he have anything to promote?
So why then is he on the Show? Just curious. Maybe just because he is such a nice guest to have. :wink:

I didn´t go into details about why etc Leno is back, but remembering, that he has good chemistry with DC, it will be nice to see Daniel on his show again, too. :D
As far as I knw he's good friend with Jay (I had read that somewhere, don't know whether it's true) and they talked about "Snow flower and the secret fan" But I think it was not for promoting this movie, way to early, they just started filming in February. I don't think this movie will be released before the end of the year or the beginning of next year.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Saturday, March 20, 2010
The great quest is successful
Emma painted a picture of Naomi Watts as her summative project for art. Then we read in the Oakville Beaver that Naomi Watts and Daniel Craig were filming a movie here in Oakville. Albert went on a quest – have Ms Watts sign Emma’s painting.
We checked out the filming location one morning and were told they filmed at night. He took Emma at night. They became chummy with the police and security teams but never seeing the actors. However, they did have one fellow promise to speak to Ms Watt’s assistant. Last night the three of them went again.
When the actors returned from “lunch” at 2 am, Ms Watt’s car stopped, she said Ms Watts would sign the painting, they took the picture and she signed it.
They also got personally autographed photos of Daniel Craig.
http://darimontvacations.blogspot.com/

From Dominic Greene of CBN

They shoot night scenes on Thursdays and Fridays so that's when I'm going because other days when they are filming, they film in the afternoon, but I have school.

They said they finishing filming the 31st not the 23 LIER jk

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They sure got a great talent on that film

DPs Discuss Film, Digital, Their Work And Directors
March 22, 2010, Robert Goldrich --- One cinematographer has enjoyed a close-knit working relationship with director Jason Reitman spanning features and commercials.
Another was just honored with the American Society of Cinematographers Lifetime Achievement Award, is a five-time Oscar nominee and no stranger to the director's chair for either long-form fare or commercials.
A third DP broke into the industry via music videos, has diversified successfully into spots, made forays into features and even dipped his toe in directing, though cinematography remains his prime focus.
Here's a close-up look at cinematographers Eric Steelberg, Caleb Deschanel, ASC, and Shawn Kim.

Caleb Deschanel, ASC

At the same time, Deschanel observed that the Lifetime Achievement Award "is a bit embarrassing. I feel like I still have to let people know that I'm not retired—that I'm still shooting."
At press time, Deschanel was indeed still working, shooting a feature in Toronto titled Dream House, being directed by Jim Sheridan and with a cast headlined by Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz.

http://www.shootonline.com/go/news-view ... inder.html

Dream House, a Universal/Morgan Creek film helmed by Jim Sheridan and starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, and Naomi Watts, will hit theaters in 2011 and has a plot that’s fitting enough for Hrubovcak’s artwork: a family (Weisz and Craig) move into a new home to find out about a brutal slaying there earlier in its history, while the neighbor (Watts) is the only person able to lend any hint that the husband who allegedly killed his wife and children there may not be dead. Not only is it great exposure for Hrubovcak — who works as a graphic designer for an “adult novelty” company by day, as an artist using oil, airbrush, and photo manipulation for some of metal’s most brutal bands (with cover art to match) by night, and still finds time to participate in Monstrosity, Vile, and a host of other projects — but it’s great for metal. Where else can metalheads hope to see artwork from gruesome metal bands at the movies?
http://www.metalsucks.net/tag/daniel-craig/

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I will be visiting the set of Daniel Craig's new film Dream House later today. Send some positive vibes I will get a chance to cross paths with him. I really need it.

http://mrwillw.blogspot.com/2010/03/mee ... craig.html

I wonder if he did...maybe some pics if we're lucky!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010
AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK AT DANIEL CRAIG'S NEW FILM "DREAM HOUSE"
Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Filming for director Jim Sheridan's (My Left Foot, Get Rich or Die Tryin') latest project Dream House began in and around Toronto in February, moving from the downtown core to Guelph, Newmarket and Oakville. The thriller stars hunky thespian-turned-James Bond actor Daniel Craig, alongside Oscar winner Rachel Weisz and Oscar nominee Naomi Watts. The story is said to center around a man (Craig), his wife (Weisz) and family who relocate from New York to Connecticut. After believing that they have found their ideal home, things start going horribly wrong after they discover that a brutal murder had occurred in the home prior to their moving in. Looks juicy.

Although there is no set release date yet for Dream House, it will be in theatres early-mid 2011. Production in Toronto is only at the half-way mark, with filming in Oakville to end March 31, 2010. Scenes were being filmed today at scenic Gairloch Gardens where the production crew built a demo home to model one of the lavish homes on site. The demo home will be featured in outdoor shots, while the indoor scenes are filmed in the actual home itself. Snow and fog machines were used to create a wintry effect. It was reported that the demo home will be burned down in the wee hours of the morning on the final day of shooting in Oakville, at the end of the month.

After starting filming today around 2:00 PM EST, Craig and Watts arrived back at the police guarded set post-lunch break at 5:30 PM EST in separate black Cadillac Escalades, remaining very low-key. They were transported back and forth from the crew's trailer to the set, opting not to walk outdoors due to cold weather tonight. Watts could be seen in the passenger seat of her SUV chatting on her cell phone. Daily filming normally wraps around 1:00 AM, after which the principal cast members are shuttled back to a hotel in downtown Toronto. Right now the cast and crew get weekends off to enjoy the city and Craig actually threw a party this past Saturday to congratulate his fellow cast and crew members on reaching the half-way mark in filming.

Many locals in the area have been camping out on-set hoping to catch a glimpse of Craig, and it is reported that with the weather being warm last Friday, he actually came out and did a round of autographs after midnight. He apparently is not allowing photographs though in order to keep details about the film under wraps. It is said that he is generous with autographs and one of the friendly crew members kindly offered to hand over my 8x10 and return envelope to Craig's assistant this evening to be signed.

To those of you looking to catch a glimpse of Craig in Oakville, you have another week left to do so. If you are unfamiliar with the etiquette, always remember to stand clear of incoming traffic to the set and always ask the crew kindly if you want pertinent details or tips. Remember that they are working too and never step over their boundaries. And of course, be mindful of the actors' privacy because if they do not wish to be seen, never force your way through; always respect their privacy first. If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to have something signed, come with something tasteful for the actors to sign and include a Sharpie too.

source: http://mrwillw.blogspot.com/2010/03/exc ... raigs.html

there are some pics from the set on the site :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From Raxchel Fox´ twitter

# Filmed a scene with #DanielCraig and #NaomiWatts yesterday and it was magical...#DreamHouse is amazing! Can't wait for you to see it about 5 hours ago via web

# At the midway party for Dream House at this awesome club in Toronto. No way, ay...this is too cool! 6:19 PM Mar 20th via mobile web

# Played on Dream House set last night and it was pure heaven! Lights camera action and snow :) 8:48 AM Mar 20th via web

# I just saw some photos of us on the set of Dream House. Check them out here: www.rachel-fox.org

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wonder a bit about being only half way through, as filming was originally scheduled from
The Morgan Creek feature is booked to shoot from January 25 to April 9, 2010 at the Toronto studio which is now managed by Pinewood Shepperton.
Anyway - things seems to go well, when he feels like throwing a party :D
Looks like he would be paying for it, too. I remember a statement from Elisas source, that he ordered many ASR tix and actually paid for them, which didn´t seem to be all that normal. Therefore, I don´t think, he decides to throw a party and lets the production company pay for it. Good man.. :wink:
It is said that he is generous with autographs
I think, ASR really made a difference. I remember reports from the QOS filming, that he wasn´t all that responsive to autograph requests and preferred to hide away. Here we read about him giving out autographs quite often. Guess he finally realized, that fans are not only bitchy pre CR and JJ material, but can be quite nice, polite and appreciating, too and therefore he might have opened his generous heart a bit for them. :D

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote: I think, ASR really made a difference. I remember reports from the QOS filming, that he wasn´t all that responsive to autograph requests and preferred to hide away. Here we read about him giving out autographs quite often. Guess he finally realized, that fans are not only bitchy pre CR and JJ material, but can be quite nice, polite and appreciating, too and therefore he might have opened his generous heart a bit for them. :D
.........and I think DtD visitors to ASR had a lot to do with that.

It seemed on most days there was someone from here at the stage door, showing total support and encouragement, maybe with a slightly different vibe to others, simply because of the on-line community sending their wishes along with the visitors.

When you will someone on with as much heart as we all did for him in NY, and that's translated into a physical presence then I think a sensitive man like Daniel will pick up on it.....and his "generous heart" has done the rest.