R.A.C

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:And the tabloids didn't pick up on it yet...I bet he's relieved about that!
Yeah, that's pretty amazing. One would think there might be a papz pic of the actual service call if he were followed all the time.

It seems like he's a really wonderful, sweet guy when interacting with people in normal circumstances. It's the ones who invade his privacy - watch out :evil: !!!

But as long as there aren't pics, I, too hope he didn't get wet. But now if there had been pics, hmm....
Anglophile

Re: R.A.C

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote: Have to wonder what on earth he was doing with his keys in the boot - most people leave them in the lock when they've got the boot open, unless he dropped them when lifting something in or out and didn't realise. :roll:
Well - I can tell you :lol: its easy - you have to do sth in there, for which you need two hands and you just lay the key down to do it (you have them with you, because actually you are done and have already closed all the doors and come back to reopen the back)and later forget about the key..and the deed is done :oops:
Or you put the keys in your coat pocket and then put the coat in your boot and slam it shut before checking where you put your keys. :roll: :P I'm quite good at that. :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Vesper Lynd 007

Re: R.A.C

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote: Have to wonder what on earth he was doing with his keys in the boot - most people leave them in the lock when they've got the boot open, unless he dropped them when lifting something in or out and didn't realise. :roll:
Well - I can tell you :lol: its easy - you have to do sth in there, for which you need two hands and you just lay the key down to do it (you have them with you, because actually you are done and have already closed all the doors and come back to reopen the back)and later forget about the key..and the deed is done :oops:
Or you put the keys in your coat pocket and then put the coat in your boot and slam it shut before checking where you put your keys. :roll: :P I'm quite good at that. :lol:
Me sometimes, too :lol:. I can imagine how he handled it. It's not so difficult at all. I'm searching things right in front of me sometimes, so I know it's easy to do such strange and funny things :lol:.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

You think the Audi R8 would have more intelligence than to let that happen :D
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

bumblebee wrote:You think the Audi R8 would have more intelligence than to let that happen :D
I had the same thought. My Mini comes with a plastic key for your wallet, just in case.
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
bumblebee wrote:You think the Audi R8 would have more intelligence than to let that happen :D
I had the same thought. My Mini comes with a plastic key for your wallet, just in case.

well, as the parking attendant said: "Nice toy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

And we know his gigantic wallet has room!
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Maybe the Audi gives one as does BMW and he's not as OCD as I am. He put it away with all his other important papers, stacked on a desk somewhere.
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Maybe the Audi gives one as does BMW and he's not as OCD as I am. He put it away with all his other important papers, stacked on a desk somewhere.
what's OCD?

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:Maybe the Audi gives one as does BMW and he's not as OCD as I am. He put it away with all his other important papers, stacked on a desk somewhere.
what's OCD?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'm compulsively organized. :wink:
Crazy!
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Oh Elaine - you've got a Mini. I've got a friend who would die for one of those! Personally, I'd go for the Audi!!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Miss-Meow wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Oh Elaine - you've got a Mini. I've got a friend who would die for one of those! Personally, I'd go for the Audi!!!
I wish for a 3 door A3, but out of reach at the moment. :wink: So a Mini will have to suffice.
Crazy!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

The S6 has a "key" that is a proximity sensor. You never have to insert it into the ignition - the car starts via pushbutton. All you have to do is have the key within 3-5 feet (depending on key fob battery life) of the car, and the car will unlock for you when you open the door and start when you push the button. You never have to get your key out of your pocket or purse. There is a little sliver of a key as a part of the fob that is used as an override protection plan in case either the car or key fob battery dies. I have the same kind of key system, and having a key in hand is something that you just don't think about. It would be easy to throw a jacket pocket in the 'boot' and forget the key is there. Sorry for the 'technical' explanation, but I can see how this would happen! BTW, that car of his starts at about $100K, but I'm sure it was given to him to drive (great advertising) or it's leased by EON or someone...Surely he won't be driving at all in NYC :roll:
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

sf2la wrote:The S8 has a "key" that is a proximity sensor. You never have to insert it into the ignition - the cars starts via pushbutton. All you have to do is have the key within 3-5 feet (depending on key fob battery life) of the car, and the car will unlock for you when you open the door and start when you push the button. You never have to get your key out of your pocket or purse. There is a little sliver of a key that is used as an override protection plan in case either the car or key fob battery dies. I have the same kind of key system, and having a key in hand something that you just don't think about. It would be easy to throw a jacket pocket in the 'boot' and forget the key is there. Sorry for the 'technical' explanation, but I can see how this would happen! BTW, that car of his starts at about $100K, but I'm sure it was given to him to drive (great advertising) or it's leased by EON or someone...Surely he won't be driving at all in NYC :roll:
ah yes, so true. Thanks for that.
Crazy!
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

...the way I do with my spare key :P
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~