The Rover

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

The Rover

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I spent my afternoon attempting to watch The Rover, and I'm still not finished. It's fun and interesting to see DC doing stage instead of screen, but I'm having trouble getting into it and I'm easily distracted. Could be my state of mind, or the fact that it's done in Old English and having trouble concentrating and following. It's not like the written word and you can go back and reread for clarity. I guess I could stop and rewind... *shrugs* But I'll keep going.
Crazy!
Renske

Post by Renske »

hey Elaine,

I fast forwarded to Dan's parts...I couldn't understand a lot of what they were saying anyway....and a "play" like that is not really my thing. I was interesting to see Dan in it though. I would love to see him on stage. It's very different from movies.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I love this play so much :D. It's so much fun to see Daniel in that one. It's different from other projects and that is so wonderful. Daniel is wonderful in that one. The play is very funny and interesting. Fortunalety GG showed it to me, so that I can talk about it now :D.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I agree with Vesper that I loved this show, and seeing DC playing such a bumbling, laughable character is really fascinating to watch. Although I got pretty scared of his character when he attempted (with his male companion to watch of all things) to rape the lead female; I was just like WOAH that's frightning :shock: . Andy Serkis was also great in this producation too; although his character was 'a rover' I still liked him alot...for some strange reason lol (and he tried to rape the lead girl too...jeez she never got a break :cry: ).
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

A small piece of Daniel in The Rover

39Mbs. Plays on ordinary Windows Media Player

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbhfhw
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

I haven't seen this one.Thanks a lot,JEC! :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

It's a long play and lots of it doesn't have Daniel it - though he does actually have quite a sizable role.

When I get the time to spare I'll trawl through it and record just his pieces.

Though it won't make much sense taken out context, it does give everyone a chance to see him do some classical theatre work.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I will never forget, how we admired ourselfs (not in the mirror :twisted: ) for being brave enough to watch this 3 hour long "artsy shit" :lol: I think, it was Dunda who said it :tongue:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:I will never forget, how we admired ourselfs (not in the mirror :twisted: ) for being brave enough to watch this 3 hour long "artsy shit" :lol: I think, it was Dunda who said it :tongue:
I stand by it! :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Well I loved it!............so there! Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:Well I loved it!............so there! Image
We liked it, too - it was interesting to see the theatrical overacting needed for a piece like this and how he or rather all of them, did that so well. Very articulate and long texts for them and since there was not much scenery it depended on the actors to bring it to life.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Small clip of Daniel in The Rover.

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/education ... -the-rover

A really nice find SG, for those who have not seen it!! :thumbup:

I love The Rover with a passion. 8)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

JEC57 wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Small clip of Daniel in The Rover.

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/education ... -the-rover

A really nice find SG, for those who have not seen it!! :thumbup:

I love The Rover with a passion. 8)
A bit arty farty but I like it too. :D