Box office

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Jessica

Post by Jessica »

for a movie to show a profit
it has to make 3 to 4 times over the production budget

investors have to be repaid their investment plus profits

US box office is somewhere around +/-30 % of total earnings
Samuel Adams :
Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life; secondly, to liberty; thirdly to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can.
magch

Post by magch »

Even if there will be no sequels, Daniel will have other projects to work on so why worry? It's not like Daniel can only work on movies like The Golden Compass. I will be very happy if Daniel goes back to make obscure independent movies. :wink:
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

I'd like to see him find a role (or a role to find him) that wins him an Oscar. I'd like to see his talent truly recognized and celebrated.
redluna

Post by redluna »

cornell01 wrote:I'd like to see him find a role (or a role to find him) that wins him an Oscar. I'd like to see his talent truly recognized and celebrated.
me too Cornell01!!!! Maybe Defiance could be such a role, but this movie is so top-secret who knows :roll:
advicky

Post by advicky »

I think next year will be succesfull for Daniel.
Bond 22 - box office, lot of photos, interviews, and premiers.
Defiance - Oscar. I like Edward Zwick's films. I like The Last Samurai, it is one on my favourite movie.
Flashback of a fool - Oscar. Critics love the independent movies and they like when daniel acts.
I think we will have a lot of work (scan, read, see, listen, buy magazines and tickets) next year.
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

If Daniel can't do Golden Compass sequels, I hope he would do independent movies that wins him an Oscar - how about SOME VOICES 2!

I do hope he goes back to his old roots, before he got so famous.

StarryDannyFan xx
advicky

Post by advicky »

Golden Compass
Domestic: $61,280,000 23.9%
+ Foreign: $195,465,902 76.1%
= Worldwide: $256,745,902

I think it's good.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

addie wriote: I think next year will be succesfull for Daniel.
Bond 22 - box office, lot of photos, interviews, and premiers.
Defiance - Oscar. I like Edward Zwick's films. I like The Last Samurai, it is one on my favourite movie.
Flashback of a fool - Oscar. Critics love the independent movies and they like when daniel acts.
I think we will have a lot of work (scan, read, see, listen, buy magazines and tickets) next year.
That's for sure....Satsuki will need to buy many many more gowns this year to keep up. :wink:

Can't wait to see much more of Daniel in his films and public appearances. 2008 is truly going to be his year! Turning 40 on March 2nd, and 3 new releases. Luck is in his favour this year.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

ad78472 wrote:Golden Compass
Domestic: $61,280,000 23.9%
+ Foreign: $195,465,902 76.1%
= Worldwide: $256,745,902

I think it's good.
$250 million and counting! :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
advicky

Post by advicky »

Golden Compass

Total US Gross $65,666,000
International Gross $298,500,000
Worldwide Gross $364,166,000
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Great great! :D
Where do you find these numbers?
advicky

Post by advicky »

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Thanks, great site! :D
redluna

Post by redluna »

New Line Cinema's 'The Golden Compass' Passes $300 Million at Worldwide Box Office

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- New Line Cinema's "The Golden Compass", starring Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, crossed the $300 million mark at the worldwide box office and now has a cumulative gross of more than $315 million. The film has earned more than $67 million in the United States since its Dec. 7 opening.
The fantasy epic has performed strongly in various foreign territories -- including the United Kingdom, Spain, South Korea and Australia -- where this genre continues to be popular. On March 1, "The Golden Compass" will open in its last major territory -- Japan.
"'The Golden Compass' has immense global appeal," said Rolf Mittweg, President and Chief Operating Officer of Worldwide Distribution and Marketing at New Line Cinema. "The box office revenue has been nothing less than astonishing overseas. With the forthcoming premiere in Japan, we can expect a significant boost to our worldwide box office."

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... 6570.shtml
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..