News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Re: News tidbits

Post by Dunda »

Thanks to A

Just in case you Need A new jacket :lol:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/16 ... niel-craig

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You have to be brave for this :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hmmm, I don't know..?

Hopefully not just another Fast&Furious episode....

Btw any news on a release date for Queer?

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, this sounds fun, good dialogue ( grant, russell) and action. Better imo then all this drama stuff 😉
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

It's an exhilarating prospect to witness Daniel step into the realm of a classic "movie star" film alongside the formidable Charlize Theron. As a devoted admirer of Craig's work, especially his iconic portrayal of James Bond, the anticipation is high to see him embrace a role that echoes the essence of traditional Hollywood stardom. The chemistry between Craig and Theron promises an on-screen dynamic that exudes charisma and prowess.

However, the excitement is tinged with a degree of skepticism. The film, under the direction of Justin Lin, known primarily for his involvement in the "Fast & Furious" franchise, raises eyebrows. Lin's track record, while commercially successful, has often been criticised for favouring spectacle over substance. The concern deepens when contemplating the rather generic title, which suggests a lack of originality. Lin's association with the project brings to mind his penchant for high-octane action, a departure from the nuanced performances one might associate with a sophisticated heist thriller.

While the premise of "Two for the Money" is intriguing—a narrative following career thieves navigating three significant heists—the fear is that the film might succumb to clichés and predictability. The shadow of comparison looms large, and the inevitable parallels to cinematic gems like "Ocean's 11" and "Out of Sight" are anticipated. The risk is that the film might tread familiar ground, presenting a conventional and formulaic narrative that fails to distinguish itself in a genre laden with classics.

Craig's involvement suggests an opportunity for him to showcase his versatile acting range in a genre distinct from his well-known espionage roles. However, until the first frame is captured, the concern remains that the film could fall prey to the pitfalls of its genre, offering a narrative that lacks the innovation and depth expected from a heist thriller.

Though, I'm excited to see him opposite Theron.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lets Hope, that will be proven wrong. I would really like a good film Like that

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Daniel Craig has written the forward to 'To Save Every One: 200 years of RNLI courage' set for release on 1 February 2024.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

According to DeuxMoi (the same people who revealed that Barry Keoghan was the Joker and the whole cast of White Lotus 3) it's between Jacob Elordi, Callum Turner and ATJ....I don't like Callum Turner tbh

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Those are Boys 🫣
But then, men have disappeared anyway. In the 50s there we're loads around.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

OMG.......

Looking at those three I'd go for ATJ....

Never thought I would say this :lol:

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Yep.....and lets hope it will be non of them....
he gave the franchise 20 years more and now.......it will be really hard to find an actor who can fil this big, big shoes....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel would probably give Aaron the Go, as he is Sams husband, with whom he IS Friends for a Long Time.
I dont See any of them either

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 am Daniel would probably give Aaron the Go, as he is Sams husband, with whom he IS Friends for a Long Time.
I dont See any of them either
To be friend with somebody and to give your professional opinion about his ability to be character you've played aren't the same thing.
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.