the happy feet thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think it's because the other three in the foursome are so tall (OW with the requisite heels.) look how unbelievably thin HF's soles are in the first premieres. Jon is tall. It must have been thought Daniel would have stuck out like a sore thumb being the shortest. Without the other three standing next to him, I can't imagine him wearing those shoes. They are the ONLY element that takes away the perfection of his London look IMO. The only men's shoe that can get away with a heel is cowboy boots.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:I think it's because the other three in the foursome are so tall (OW with the requisite heels.) look how unbelievably thin HF's soles are in the first premieres. Jon is tall. It must have been thought Daniel would have stuck out like a sore thumb being the shortest. Without the other three standing next to him, I can't imagine him wearing those shoes. They are the ONLY element that takes away the perfection of his London look IMO. The only men's shoe that can get away with a heel is cowboy boots.
I actually like those black shoes, I think they're smart and the heel is a nice shape. If there was one thing I would have done to improve the look - if he wanted to wear classic black footwear - it would have been a Chelsea Boot with the same heel.

Having said that, as it was the premiere for C&A, he could have quite easily got away with this kind of cowboy boot as a nod to the film.....

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Totally! That would have looked so sharp and not like he was wearing heels. His shoes, albeit beautiful, drew attention away from his gorgeous self at some angles. His stylist screwed up there.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

massive feet!!!! most people wont even notice he has a heel on his shoe, its just eagle eyed fans. I agree he dont need it, comments must get to him and hurt him, or he it has been pointed out, by film people around him that it is best to wear such heels..... maybe :dunno:
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

Jajaja! seems he´s about to dance.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

it does cha cha cha
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

oh he looked good way back then loved his styling.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

He has the most amazing balance! :shock:

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

What is he wearing underneath his trousers? Maybe some kind of splints (not sure whether that's the right word...) to stabilise his ankles or something like that???
(Nice shoes, btw)
khenton

Post by khenton »

Could be some kind of stunt padding? :dunno: I just thought it was his amazing thighs. Chicken. Think I am gonna have chicken thighs to night. :oops: :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

khenton wrote:Could be some kind of stunt padding? :dunno: I just thought it was his amazing thighs. Chicken. Think I am gonna have chicken thighs to night. :oops: :wink: k
Just check at his ankles, no idea how far it goes up his legs. Or maybe they somehow attached the shoes to his legs so that they don't come off while running?
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Someone on the Skyfall thread....Dunda or SF I think....mentioned them as straps attached to his trousers.

If that's what they are then maybe they are there to keep his trousers "neat" when running, so his trouser-bottoms keep a nice line, rather than riding up around his calves....being as they are so (fashionably) short.

Like this kind of thing from the 1960s.....

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I think that they're some form of shin pad, similar to the ones used in football which are worn strapped under the foot.
khenton

Post by khenton »

Coould even be a combo of all, protection and style. Sooooooooooo bond :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."