2014 "Night of Opportunity" Gala

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Took a break from study to see these pics and all I can say is awwwwww :D Although I do wish Dan would cut his hair! :lol:
purple

Post by purple »

I still can't decide if I like the dress or if I think it is rather meh...there is something I don't like about it and I can't put my finger on it: the colour? the length? the fact that it is not structured enough? :brood:

I like the fact that it is a simple, understated outfit...but along those lines I've seen much better. For example, I sigh whenever I see a Jaeger or a LK Bennett dress (two British brands) - (I don't discuss prices here, it is more of a ”in an ideal world” kind of argument) :) I have the feeling that their cut is more flattering for a woman's body, without being flashy or vulgar.

RW looks stunning, I was just discussing the dress...
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

purple wrote:I still can't decide if I like the dress or if I think it is rather meh...there is something I don't like about it and I can't put my finger on it: the colour? the length? the fact that it is not structured enough? :brood:

I like the fact that it is a simple, understated outfit...but along those lines I've seen much better. For example, I sigh whenever I see a Jaeger or a LK Bennett dress (two British brands) - (I don't discuss prices here, it is more of a ”in an ideal world” kind of argument) :) I have the feeling that their cut is more flattering for a woman's body, without being flashy or vulgar.

I think it's all of the above. She's so pale she benefits from richer shades, or better styling (hair/makeup), the length reminds me of a night dress, shoes are wrong, and no structure reminds me of the 90s fashions she used to wear when she was much younger. Next to DC in his smart suit, it doesn't quite work.

Lainey is in awe: http://www.laineygossip.com/Rachel-Weis ... York/29906
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, he has one feet in her door again. :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

bumblebee wrote:
purple wrote:I still can't decide if I like the dress or if I think it is rather meh...there is something I don't like about it and I can't put my finger on it: the colour? the length? the fact that it is not structured enough? :brood:

I think it's all of the above. She's so pale she benefits from richer shades, or better styling (hair/makeup), the length reminds me of a night dress, shoes are wrong, and no structure reminds me of the 90s fashions she used to wear when she was much younger. Next to DC in his smart suit, it doesn't quite work.
I think you are right, it is a rather 90s cut.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

I did like their overall image. The creamish-white of her dress, and the grey and light blue of his suit and shirt gave them a fresh feel. They look fresh and radiant. His suit doesn't bother me, although I do prefer him in more fitting suits, but maybe for this event, since it was for a good cause, this suit was more appropriate. For Rachel, she could have accessorized and wore a more matching pair of shoes. I think the problem was that the dress and her complexion are both pale, but then her red lip sorts of balanced it out a bit. We saw better from both of them, but since it's been a long time since we saw photos of him, they were a nice treat. Plus he seems to be in a happy, pleasant mood, which is always a bonus.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Right - you know, for me its always most important, how they look (their faces) and what is the mood. If that is fine or better, I am satisfied :lol: and you can drop pretty much everything on me without much resistance. :oops:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Exactly! One can be wearing the most expensive and beautiful clothing, but if the mood is sad or angry, they still don't look as good.
Daniel and Rachel look very happy together here. Their faces are very pleasant.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Their red carpet moment Monday night was for a worthy cause: Both actors were honored for their involvement with the Opportunity Network, which helps high-performing students from low-income backgrounds in NYC continue their education and eventually find success in the workplace.
Accepting their award together, Craig first thanked the folks involved in the charity and made way for his wife, who eloquently shared the couple's experience with the non-profit. "We are proud to be honored tonight, but we want to share our honor with all the students," the actress said.

I want to tell you about how we felt meeting them: We sat with them and they told us their stories. It turned out to be one of the most moving experiences of our lives. We sat there and had to fight back our tears," she shared.
"They weren't tears of sadness. They were of complete awe and wonder and admiration at these young people's tenacity, focus and drive and dignity and intelligence. We were so humbled by them and so very moved."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... z2yJVjTkab
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
purple

Post by purple »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
"They weren't tears of sadness. They were of complete awe and wonder and admiration at these young people's tenacity, focus and drive and dignity and intelligence. We were so humbled by them and so very moved."
[/b]
Thank you SG, this is wonderfully put. And yes such people deserve all the admiration and support because their tenacity and intelligence will make a difference in the future.

I also have to repeat myself and say how much I like both DC and RW as persons - in every single public intervention they come up as very humble and down to earth. They seem genuinely good.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I don't know whether to do this.... :cry: (tears of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!)....

Or this..... :cheer:

Daniel looks WONDERFUL!!! :D

Thanks so much for these great pics... and its great to see Dame True still around.... 8)
Alina

Post by Alina »

Hi everybody :)
I've just come back from work and would like to thank you all for the wonderful pictures, so many of them :hyper:
They look really beautiful together and really happy and in love, it's a great pleasure to look at them :)
Rachel looks stunning, the dress might have been in a richer colour, but overall she's just more than beautiful.
Daniel's jacket might have been a bit tighter, looks slightly too loose in some pictures and maybe he could trim his hair a bit, but even so I love his look.

And I'm happy that they look so happy together.
The pics've made my day, thanks again :)

Thay are a really classy couple, but this has been said so many times here already :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rachel Weisz: 'It's Lovely' Giving Back with Husband Daniel Craig

James Bond actor Daniel Craig and his Oscar-winning wife, Rachel Weisz, made a rare show of public togetherness on a night out in New York Monday as they accepted awards for their charity work.

Craig, clad in a gray suit, and Oz the Great and Powerful star Weisz – in a sleeveless light pink dress and towering black heels – arrived at the seventh annual Night of Opportunity gala at Cipriani Wall Street smiling and holding hands before being honored by The Opportunity Network, which aims to help underprivileged teens get into (and pay for) college and launch successful careers.

Weisz, 44, told PEOPLE the decision to collaborate with the New York education organization was an easy one, and that she valued being able to work closely with her husband on the initiative.

"It's really lovely" working together, she said. "It's something that was incredibly natural and obvious to us."

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

But the work is not without tears. "I've met several of these kids and they've told me their stories to my face, and it was very hard not to cry," she adds. "Not because it was sad, but because they're so inspiring, and so courageous."

And, Craig, 46, told PEOPLE, "It's not just the grand gesture that counts [when giving back] – it's the everyday that matters."

He and Weisz appeared to be in great spirits, cracking jokes and lamenting the freezing April rain as they gamely posed for photos and gave interviews about their adopted cause. Weisz, who has a 7-year-old son, Henry, with ex Darren Aronofsky (Craig has a grown daughter, Ella), said she’s trying to parent by example when it comes to charity work.

"Kids watch their parents closely. They watch everything they do – the good things and the bad things," she said. "So hopefully they grow up in a culture of caring about others, and it will be up to them to decide what they want to do, but hopefully it will rub off on them."

Over a dinner of burrata, grilled halibut and vanilla cream meringue layer cake, the couple mingled with other guests before taking the stage to receive their honor, introduced by "OppNet" student Prisma Herrera.

As they stood close at the podium, Weisz rubbed her husband's back as he paid tribute to the students – some of whom were the first in their families to graduate high school and attend college thanks to OppNet’s intensive program – and at one point the pair exchanged a long, loving glance.

OppNet's founder Jessica Pliska praised the acting duo as true humanitarians during the event. "People who know them all say the same thing and know this to be true – they're incredibly authentic, they really care about this, and this night really meant a lot to them."

"You can't always say that about everyone ... especially two superstars," she added. "We hit the jackpot."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... adlines%29
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Awww, can it possibly get any better for them? Can they be any better???
Alina

Post by Alina »

sf2la wrote:Awww, can it possibly get any better for them? Can they be any better???
Right, they must be very happy together and they like doing good things together, they love being together and Rachel is definitely head over heels in love with him when you look at the pics.
Last edited by Alina on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.