SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Guinness

hey

Post by Guinness »

Hey! everyone read that--Jec is teasing!! Yes she is! You all read that!!

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

unfortunately I feel that as big( too big for a bond girl) as Angie is she is too big to be ignored. If she really wanted in she could find a way. It's just a gut feeling I have. She's an OK actor, but relies to heavily on her sexuality. I only really believe her when she's playing crazy. Type casting? No?

The less said about Ms Asinine the better. Not to be mean :oops:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Daniel Craig hints at 2010 filming for Bond 23, still unclear on release window

Bond 23 - 25-03-09

The ever-unreliable Showbiz luvvy Neil Sean of Sky News and Metro newspaper has revealed a snippet on the timeline of the 23rd James Bond movie.

The paper carried this in Monday's edition: "Dame Judi Dench is not quitting her James Bond role - if Daniel Craig has anything to do with it, anyway. 'She is great. I'm sure she will be back when we get rolling again next year,' he gushes."

There was no indication on when Craig said the quote.

In an interview with IGN.com in November 2008, producer Michael G. Wilson spoke of the timeline: "I would think that we’d bring it out in two-and-a-half to three years from now, I guess. It’s hard to tell until we get working on the script which is scheduled to commence in January 2009".

With Sony handing the franchise back to the control of MGM, the change-over will likely add a delay to the usual 2-year gap between movies. For a 2010 release, filming will have to start in January next year. Craig did not elaborate on when during 2010 he was expecting to start. MGM may be keen to keep their Holiday Season release window and push Bond 23 to November 2011.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Michael G. Wilson on Bond 23 - `no significant work done`

Bond 23 - 27-03-09

Cinema Retro publishers Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall attended the Bradford International Film Festival in Bradford, England last week. The headline event for James Bond fans was producer Michael G. Wilson's "Master Class" on the making of James Bond movies which was held - appropriately enough - in the Museum's Cubby Broccoli Theatre. Wilson and Eon Productions have long been patrons of the Museum and the film festival, but this was his first participation in an actual event. Tony Earnshaw, the Artistic Director of the Museum, had tried for years to convince Wilson to sit down for a one-on-one interview, but the typically modest Wilson had to be convinced there was actually interest among the movie-going public to hear a discussion about the inner-workings of the Bond films. The rapt attention of the audience would immediately nullify those concerns.

Wilson is not known for being overly-verbose and tonight was no exception. However, he was comfortable, relaxed and in good spirits - and he spoke about the making of the Bond films with refreshing candor. Wilson related how he had been happily pursuing a career in law when the increasing legal difficulties between his stepfather Cubby Broccoli and his production partner necessitated his move into the Eon offices in order to work on legal matters. After Broccoli and Saltzman split, Cubby convinced Wilson to stay on and groomed him in the fine art of movie producing.

Wilson acknowledged that the production of each film is a frantic period and that Eon delivers the finished movie to the studio with relatively little wiggle room to make changes. He said this actually works in Eon's favor because it precludes studio brass from ordering wide-ranging alterations to the films, as there simply isn't enough time to enact them. On the other side of the coin, he expressed frustration that the tight deadlines have compromised Eon's influence over the title song. He said that in the past, the composer of the song worked in consultation with the filmmaking team. In recent years, however, Eon had little or no say over the song, which has been delivered so late in the process that the producers have to accept whatever is delivered.

At the end of the session, Wilson took questions from the audience. Someone asked Wilson why he allowed the action sequences in Quantum to be edited with so many fast cuts that it robbed the scenes of any suspense. Wilson acknowledged that they were attempting to please modern audiences who are used to that style of editing but did not outwardly endorse the style. He said that Eon always experiments with different filmmaking styles that the director may favor - and that by the time the first edit is done, there is precious little time to make radical changes.The only news Wilson broke about the next Bond film (Bond 23) is that there is no news at all. He said there had been no significant work done on the next entry.

Click here to read the full report on Cinema Retro magazine's blog.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I really think all these roumors about Jolie are fake. Probably by that I try to calm myself this way because I really don't loke her. :wink:
1st they need to get the writers write the script, then director etc etc etc. I really dont think 1st of all they will be that concerned about girls question.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Wikipedia entry lists Iain Softley as Bond 23 director (rumour control)

Bond 23 - 03-04-09

RUMOUR CONTROL
Wikipedia, the online encyclopaedia which can be edited by anyone, has listed English director Iain Softley as helming the 23rd James Bond film.

The user edit which stated the claim was made on 3rd February 2009 by a Wikipedia user based in New Zealand.

Iain Softley, born November 30, 1956, is an English film director. He was educated at St Benedict's School, Ealing, where he played the part of Thomas a Becket in its 1975 production of T. S. Eliot's play, Murder in the Cathedral, and Queens' College, Cambridge. He is married to producer Sarah Curtis.

His movies include the Beatles film Backbeat (1994), Hackers (1995), The Wings of the Dove (1997), K-PAX (2001), and The Skeleton Key (2005). His most recent movie was Inkheart (2008), which is based on the book of the same name. Softly also and has been developing an adaptation of Stephen Gallagher's novel The Boat House for Dimension Films, set in the English Lake District. He previously attempted to film the book in 1999, with Milla Jovovich in the lead role of a haunted and driven Russian émigré.

MI6 Note: Last week, producer Michael G. Wilson said that there had been 'no significant work done' on Bond 23 yet. The film has no scheduled release date and debate surrounds a possible 2011 tent-pole due to the hand over from Sony back to MGM.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Ooo, I loved Backbeat.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... women.html

i want hairy daniel, i want hairy daniel..
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... women.html

.............well unless he decides to have a "Brazilian", it's unlikely you will get him hairless. Image
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Reading that gave me a good laugh:

"During the downturn, the theory is that women are concerned about safety, security and food supply, so their taste in men will shift from the androgynous, hairless metrosexual towards the more muscular, primal, hairy male," Salt told Australian news agency AAP.

He predicted the desired body shape would "shift from hairless, sleek, a bit wimpy, to the more muscular" as economies sank deeper into recession. "

seems as if the economic crisis started 2,5 years ago, at least for me :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Dunda on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:

.............well unless he decides to have a "Brazilian", it's unlikely you will get him hairless. Image
b...b..b...brazilian on happy trail? :shock:
my gods....
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:
JEC57 wrote:

my gods....
Looks like he already tried it and didn't like it! Image

calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:
JEC57 wrote: .............well unless he decides to have a "Brazilian", it's unlikely you will get him hairless. Image
my gods....
Looks like he already tried it and didn't like it! Image

i want to do brazilian on daniel..me want..
ImageImage
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

I will volunteer to be your assistant! Ya know, if you need me to hold anything or get the wax nice and hot or lotion or whatever...
wholy carp. thinking of holding the sea cucumber...faint, blue colors, black colors fading, sounds in the room....'night.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Tony Gilroy `in the running` for Bond 23 directors job (rumour)

Bond 23 - 08-04-09

RUMOUR CONTROL
A source for CinemaBlend has thrown another name in to the list of possible director rumours for Bond 23.

The site says, "James Bond’s producers are still trying to pick the franchise’s new director and our source tells us that one of the name’s at the top of their list may be Tony Gilroy.

Gilroy is probably best known as the director of the critically acclaimed Michael Clayton and more recently he also directed the Julia Roberts, Clive Owen spy thriller Duplicity. In fact Gilroy has spent almost his entire career on one end of the spy genre. He had a hand in writing all three of the Bourne movies."

A healthy warning comes with the tip: "He’s just in the running and things are so early that it’s entirely likely the film’s producers will simply deny that they’re even considering him, since they’re still a long way away from hiring anyone."

"Quantum of Solace" director Marc Forster has confirmed he will not return to helm the 23rd James Bond adventure.