News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Re: News tidbits

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Note:
There is a new book about Daniels time as Bond :D :D :D: "Being Bond" written by Mark Salisbury.
https://www.007.com/how-daniel-craig-became-bond/
I already ordered one, I will get it tomorrow. I am looking forward...a lot.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Jana66 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:46 pm Note:
There is a new book about Daniels time as Bond :D :D :D: "Being Bond" written by Mark Salisbury.
https://www.007.com/how-daniel-craig-became-bond/
I already ordered one, I will get it tomorrow. I am looking forward...a lot.
Today I received mine.... It is really something to have....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

@vid,
thank you.
I am looking forward much more :D :D :D .
PAMELA BRAMMER

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I am getting mine as a christmas pressie😀😀
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Netflix’s Glass Onion: Screening and Daniel Craig in Conversation with MTV News’ Josh Horowitz
https://www.92ny.org/event/netflix-s-glass-onion.aspx

Tickets on sale now.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I love the sound of this project. I really have adored the director's last few films.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/daniel-cra ... 235194243/

Luca Guadagnino-Directed Adaptation Of ‘Queer’ With Daniel Craig In Works

Luca Guadagnino has been looking to mount a feature take of the William S. Burroughs novel Queer with Daniel Craig in the lead as his next project. The Call Me By Your Name Oscar nominee is the process of raising financing for the project.

Queer follows Lee, who recounts his life in Mexico City among American expatriate college students and bar owners surviving on part-time jobs and GI Bill benefits. Lee is self-conscious, insecure and driven to pursue a young man named Allerton, who is based on Adelbert Lewis Marker (1930-1998), a recently discharged American Navy serviceman from Jacksonville, FL, who befriended Burroughs in Mexico City. The novel is a sequel to Burroughs’ Junkie and centers on the Naked Lunch author off of heroin. Queer was published in 1985 through written between 1951 and 1953.

We’ve known about this for a while. Guadagnino might have an Oscar contender in Bones and All, which was picked up by MGM. That reteam with Timothée Chalamet, a cannibal love story, didn’t really resonate at the Thanksgiving box office given its grim theme, grossing only $11M worldwide, but it took prizes at Venice Film Festival for Best Director and Taylor Russell as Best Young Actress.

The filmmaker, like Steven Spielberg, always is known to be developing a number of projects at the same time. He also has in early works an Audrey Hepburn biopic with Rooney Mara attached. However, the Apple project is still in need of a scribe, we understand.

Craig returned to the Rian Johnson-directed Knives Out franchise this fall with Glass Onion, which was the best of the new adult-targeted films with a first-week gross of $15M. The pic only played one week in theaters as a special Netflix sneak preview, which included the top three circuits AMC, Regal and Cinemark in a first for the streamer. The pic hits Netflix on December 23. Craig made his finale as 007 in No Time to Die last fall, which grossed over $774M global.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I have only seen A bigger splash and Call me by your name.

I liked both movies.

I can see Daniel want to work with him.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, not sure I am that interested in the story line. 🤔
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:38 pm Hm, not sure I am that interested in the story line. 🤔
Remember he made Love is the Devil, Some voices, The mother, Enduring love and you'll see it is really not uncommon auch hard topic to be researched....So we see.....
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Germangirl wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:38 pm Hm, not sure I am that interested in the story line. 🤔
Personally I think this is exactly the type of project he should be doing. He has proven himself as a leading man with 007 and now has shown he has comedic chops. However, my favourite era of Daniel's career were those edgy early projects. This film sounds closer to his work in Love is the Devil. In other news, Drew Starkey will play the younger man referred to in the synopsis.

https://abovetheline.com/2022/12/13/dre ... uadagnino/

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... io-4-today

Daniel doing a play at the West End would be great.