OH NOOOO!!! =O

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

OH NOOOO!!! =O

Post by Anglophile »

The French site is down! And it looks like it's permanent, more or less! Image There's a message on their homepage saying 'Hiatus', but the small text below that looks to me like it's more than that. Could any of our French-speaking members please check it out and tell us how bad it really is? Image
http://danielcraig.free.fr/
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its written in some weird french, but says more or less, that the pics and everything are gone at the moment and that person doesn`t have - at present - the time to get them back. So its closed, but (if I get it right,) he hopes to repair it someday. :(
But perhaps livetwice could have a look, too.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

Noooooo!! I love that site! *sniffle*

My French is horrible but I think he says something like: the maintenance of the site has become a problem, it takes a lot of time and "only the future will say what will become of the site."
http://shutupfilter.blogspot.com/

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

So its closed, but (if I get it right,) he hopes to repair it someday.
Yes, some day, that's how I interpreted it too. That's really bad. Image
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

Nooo! The source of some of my pics! Is there a DC curse? First bluematia and now the French site; I hope we're not next!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Renske

Post by Renske »

shopper12 wrote:Nooo! The source of some of my pics! Is there a DC curse? First bluematia and now the French site; I hope we're not next!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm sure we're not. I think there would be enough candidates to keep this site alive and kicking ;-)
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

shopper12 wrote:Nooo! The source of some of my pics! Is there a DC curse? First bluematia and now the French site; I hope we're not next!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh heaven forbid!! :o
Gads, I'm SO glad I was there a couple of days ago to look for new additions, and saved them before this happened. Strange, as if I was having a presentiment... :shock: I'll post them in the photos thread, can't put them in the gallery because they're watermarked.
livetwice

Post by livetwice »

Germangirl wrote:Its written in some weird french, but says more or less, that the pics and everything are gone at the moment and that person doesn`t have - at present - the time to get them back. So its closed, but (if I get it right,) he hopes to repair it someday. :(
But perhaps livetwice could have a look, too.
You got right translation ..it's said that "the gallery it out actually because of a computer problem ("SQL problem") and that the webmaster has no time and doesn't feel up to spend many hours to take again all the pics, to sort them and post. The future would tell us what is going on with this site..." :?

So it's not permanent but I guess the webmaster need time to feel better... :-k
You only live twice or so it seems..
One life for yourself and one for your dreams...And one day I realize that I was addicted to Daniel Craig's blue eyes.
ashlee

Post by ashlee »

Ahh, thanks for the translation germangirl and livetwice, I wondered what happened.
I liked that site, I hope he comes back.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Never had a chance to go to that site....too darn busy on this one.
How is this site fairing by the way? Are we okay?
Do the moderators need any help - (not like I can be of any but I would if I was shown how)
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sharmaine wrote:Never had a chance to go to that site....too darn busy on this one.
How is this site fairing by the way? Are we okay?
Do the moderators need any help?
Yes, a good question, because I am not so sure, there would be too many to be able to jump at it right away. So please, let us know, if help is needed, so a thing like that won`t happen in the first pace.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

ashlee

Post by ashlee »

Thanks Sharmaine and germangirl.
We're doing okay on this site.
We have backups incase anything like that happens to our site so we don't need to worry.

Ash :mrgreen:
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Daniel_Craig wrote:To those the SQL data bank and the server has fallen. This is to be restored a costly work. Pity around this nice side.: ( :roll:
I have no idea what SQL means but I figured it had to be some sort of server problem, because he said that all the pictures were gone. Just imagine how much work it would take to put them all up again, there were thousands! :(

Edit: Good to know that Ash, thanks for the reassurance *phew*
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I have no idea what SQL means but I figured it had to be some sort of server problem, because he said that all the pictures were gone. Just imagine how much work it would take to put them all up again, there were thousands!
SQL is the industry-standard language used to build, maintain and retrieve data from a database, developed by IBM in the '70s.

Go ahead say it.... 'GEEK'!
Crazy!