A Steady Rain reviews - member and critics

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote: This is great news. I can't imagine them NOT doing it together - maybe even next year after Bond...
Please please please, minus the stache!
DC was so relieved when he took them off, that don't think he will be in any hurry to grow them back. (Only if Spielberg says "Please") :lol:
Well yeah, he took it off 5 minutes after the last curtain, but we do know, how he will sacrifice everything for a role.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

It looks like Barbara Broccoli is behind the film adaptation of ASR.

I like this circle around DC: Keith Huff who wrote script for ASR is now involved in writing the script for Kevin Spacey TV series "House of Cards," Kevin Spacey is currently directed by Sam Mendes in Production of “Richard III” and "House of Cards” will be directed by David Fincher as soon as he finished with TGWDT. And as soon as he finished with it Sam Mendes will be able to start Bond 23, as by this time he will be done with “Richard III!” Curious coincident?

There is also the possibility of a film adaptation of "A Steady Rain." Keith Huff reportedly was paid mid-six figures to write the script (now in its third draft) for producer Barbara Broccoli, who was instrumental in mounting the Broadway run. In a recent email, she talked about her response the first time she read the play, calling it a "page turner written in a very cinematic visual style, a riveting character piece dealing with so many contemporary issues."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011 ... re-instant
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sasha wrote:It looks like Barbara Broccoli is behind the film adaptation of ASR.
She bought the rights for both, stage and film.
sasha wrote: I like this circle around DC: Keith Huff who wrote script for ASR is now involved in writing the script for Kevin Spacey TV series "House of Cards," Kevin Spacey is currently directed by Sam Mendes in Production of “Richard III” and "House of Cards” will be directed by David Fincher as soon as he finished with TGWDT. And as soon as he finished with it Sam Mendes will be able to start Bond 23, as by this time he will be done with “Richard III!” Curious coincident?
It's a small world of really talented people :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sasha

Post by sasha »

:D They all lovely, I like the way their name interlinked. We need something with DC and Kevin Spacey to complete the loop.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sasha wrote::D They all lovely, I like the way their name interlinked. We need something with DC and Kevin Spacey to complete the loop.
My suggestion: A play with DC at the Old Vic.
sasha

Post by sasha »

Jana66 wrote:
sasha wrote::D They all lovely, I like the way their name interlinked. We need something with DC and Kevin Spacey to complete the loop.
My suggestion: A play with DC at the Old Vic.
Ugh...A play with DC and Kevin Spacey staged by Sam Mendes with following cinematic adaptation directed by David Fincher and produced by Kevin Spacey. :lol:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sasha wrote:It looks like Barbara Broccoli is behind the film adaptation of ASR.

I like this circle around DC: Keith Huff who wrote script for ASR is now involved in writing the script for Kevin Spacey TV series "House of Cards," Kevin Spacey is currently directed by Sam Mendes in Production of “Richard III” and "House of Cards” will be directed by David Fincher as soon as he finished with TGWDT. And as soon as he finished with it Sam Mendes will be able to start Bond 23, as by this time he will be done with “Richard III!” Curious coincident?

There is also the possibility of a film adaptation of "A Steady Rain." Keith Huff reportedly was paid mid-six figures to write the script (now in its third draft) for producer Barbara Broccoli, who was instrumental in mounting the Broadway run. In a recent email, she talked about her response the first time she read the play, calling it a "page turner written in a very cinematic visual style, a riveting character piece dealing with so many contemporary issues."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011 ... re-instant
Keith Huff who wrote script for ASR is now involved in writing the script for Kevin Spacey TV series "House of Cards,"
He also writes some of the Man Men episodes. Lvoe his work.
sasha

Post by sasha »

tbossmc2000 wrote:He also writes some of the Man Men episodes. Lvoe his work.
Glad you like him. He has to be good to work with Barbara Broccoli, Kevin Spacey and David Fincher, right? I looked on his IMDb page - there nothing except from Mad Man - maybe he was strictly in the theatrical world before? Barbara Broccoli likes risk and challenge, but she has great intuition, isn't she? It seems that Keith Huff started to wright for Mad Men only after ASR, so before that he didn't had much experience with movie or TV scripts.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Like Firstsupergirl just reminded me, it is 2 years now, that the big DTD meeting in NY took place. I think, the big meeting day was the 4th.

Here a thread to bring back some of the good memories not only those have, who were there, but also those members, who were part of it through all the reviews and YT vids.

What a blast it has been.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I found it really interesting - it's an interview with Jess Platt, and he talked abut teaching Daniel how to speak with an American accent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WUwniqSy2A
khenton

Post by khenton »

Thanks SF :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We have had it - what not? :lol: But thanks anyway. Interesting...

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I'm sure quite a few here on DtD share a similar experience.

Meeting Daniel Craig

http://thebondexperience.com/meeting-daniel-craig/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh well...:mrgreen:

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I'm sure quite a few here on DtD share a similar experience.

Meeting Daniel Craig

http://thebondexperience.com/meeting-daniel-craig/
What a sweet guy. His story is great and brings so many memories for me.
It is to date the highlight of my life.