Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Have to agree with Cheeky, when he locks eyes with you. I just went to pieces very quietly sitting in my seat.... it is so intense....
Maria

Post by Maria »

Even if I didn't get a chance to see it, it warms my heart to read such positive praise.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks. I could imagine, that this has wetted his appetite for more theater. Maybe they do bring it to London at sme point.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks. I could imagine, that this has wetted his appetite for more theater. Maybe they do bring it to London at sme point.
That's would be fab, at least more of us would have the chance to see it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Do they have theaters like this in london?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Do they have theaters like this in london?
London is full of theatres of all shapes and sizes.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Is the top photo in the Theatre Life review new? I could not get a larger version.

Anyway, more great reviews. Always makes me smile to read or hear such praise for his talent.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No, I have seen it before.

Yeah, isn't it great? Love it and surely, so does he.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:No, I have seen it before.

Yeah, isn't it great? Love it and surely, so does he.
We act as if we knew the secret of his being so talented and it's about time others took notice. (Proud to be a fan of course.)

Wonder if he reads each review or just gets the highlighted version from an agent or colleague.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

My friend saw it again on Tuesday. She said he was even better now than he was the first go around (and that was during the previews).

She was sitting in exactly the same seat that I had xD.
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

He has a lot of confidence on stage. I think you'd agree with that comment Cheeky?

I guess the positive reviews and the gelling of the cast as a unit (the run is about half way through now) has given him a better perspective.

It's like a confirmation of his ability. We know he can act but after years of film work, it must be daunting.

No re-takes on stage either.
Maria

Post by Maria »

KillerHeels wrote:He has a lot of confidence on stage. I think you'd agree with that comment Cheeky?

I guess the positive reviews and the gelling of the cast as a unit (the run is about half way through now) has given him a better perspective.

It's like a confirmation of his ability. We know he can act but after years of film work, it must be daunting.

No re-takes on stage either.
He just gets better with time! (We now he gets better with age...)

Perhaps the added challenge of a live audience, no re-takes, the adrenaline must be on high.

Oh welcome KillerHeels!
Maria

Post by Maria »

CheekyNandos wrote:My friend saw it again on Tuesday. She said he was even better now than he was the first go around (and that was during the previews).

She was sitting in exactly the same seat that I had xD.
I haven't even seen it once, and yet if I could...I suspect I'd be - cough cough - rather obsessive and want to see it a few more times. 8)
Maria

Post by Maria »

KillerHeels wrote:Have to agree with Cheeky, when he locks eyes with you. I just went to pieces very quietly sitting in my seat.... it is so intense....
I forgot to mention - I admire your will power. I would have melted onto the floor...which would not have been very nice as it may throw the actors off cue.