The Dry Spell

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NextBondGirl wrote: Since joining in 2007, I have often felt one particular thing missing from here which continues to be missing: Gatherings. For a place where people can become quite close (I share stuff on my blog that I wouldn't even share with closest family), it seems strange that none of us have ever really met in person.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, did I misunderstood your here? But its a well known fact, that quite a few of us have met - several times.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Well..... I was only talking about my personal experiences.

Pam and I have been to a few premieres together.

I saw you (GG) very briefly at the QOS premiere.

I also had my 'Weekend in London with Sharmaine and Elaine when they were going to the National Movie Awards ceremony.

That is all...

As good a time as I had with those people on those days, that still constitutes a very small percentage of Daniel forum members. I am talking about a BIG gathering... around 15-20 people? My experience from before was a little different. Meeting in a bar and having a drink together was almost more important than the 'show' itself. Back then, our gatherings would be turned in to mini vacations...!! :wink:

Remember when we tried to get together for the Cowboys & Aliens premiere? That was meant to be a big gathering but it couldn't get worked out for whatever reason...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I check my emails several times a day, and anytime a forum post shows up, I light up. As much as I would sometimes like not to like him so much, willing a crush away just doesn't work :wink:, so I've given up that thought. For everyone who posts tweets, articles, and tidbits, a HUGE 'THANK YOU!. ' I always feel like I should respond with a 'Thank You' because I truly mean it, but I feel that others will be taking the time to open an email only to read my thank you, and I feel guilty for taking their time. But don't for a second think that your efforts aren't appreciated. I love each tweet, blog post, article, and photo of Rachel and/or Daniel.

My thoughts are that Daniel's life has evolved. I don't think acting is his primary driver now; I think his private life is. His success has provided him with such a choice. He's not acting around the clock; hence, we see less of him. I am truly sorry for the non-US fans who won't be able to make the trek to see him in Betrayal, but I completely understand. It's WAY too expensive and time consuming. As much as I want to see him, I'm not looking forward to the cost (these tickets are going to be HOT and EXPENSIVE) and the time. It will likely be a fly in and fly out for me.

As for getting together, I think it's really fun to get together on a local level. Maybe an England day, a German day, something like that. tboss and I get together from time to time, but Caramel's crush is a secret from her family, so we don't get together despite living about 15 miles apart. Family is way more important than Daniel or getting together with forum friends, so I completely understand. We are all lucky to have this place to hang out. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think when activity was the highest, there was a combination of the recession being the worst and Daniel's life being the busiest. Some of us were unemployed or with less work on our hands, which allowed more time on the forum. The economy has picked up, and a lot of us are busier than before with added pressure to KEEP those jobs. But it doesn't mean our interest has dropped. Just less time.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good night, you all. Better times will come, we just have to wait.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Something to brighten the dry spell.
Written after watching CR...read the comments too. :D

http://www.thedotspot.net/2006/12/11/yo ... -sunshine/
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

A ha ha, didn't he have that effect on all of us. Quite the achievement.

Man it's getting so dry of late, we're all going to need to head off to the shops for some KY jelly.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

bumblebee wrote:A ha ha, didn't he have that effect on all of us. Quite the achievement.

Man it's getting so dry of late, we're all going to need to head off to the shops for some KY jelly.
Getting desperate here, isn't it? Thank goodness for those little clips of him this week, the VoiceOver for the UN and occasional events. Without those we'd have to change our name to "Dessicated for Daniel"! :wink:
SmittenDramaKitten

CockHargreaves wrote:
bumblebee wrote:A ha ha, didn't he have that effect on all of us. Quite the achievement.

Getting desperate here, isn't it? Thank goodness for those little clips of him this week, the VoiceOver for the UN and occasional events. Without those we'd have to change our name to "Dessicated for Daniel"! :wink:
I'd laugh but it would just be a laugh of impatience.... :brood:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I like the new look, Kitten! Anything to relieve the monotony, is it?! :D
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:I like the new look, Kitten! Anything to relieve the monotony, is it?! :D
Exactly! I love Kitten's new look, the avi is simply delicious and adorable (actually I'd love to have a biggger version, the crow's feet are more than cute) and so is the Tattoo siggie :thumbup:
SmittenDramaKitten

Thanks Alina... it's probably going to change again in a week or so... now that I know how to do it. I 'get bored' quite easily... :wink: :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Thanks Alina... it's probably going to change again in a week or so... now that I know how to do it. I 'get bored' quite easily... :wink: :lol:
Oh, so you'd better upload the big version in the "beautiful one" thread! NOW! :)
SmittenDramaKitten

That IS the big version Alina!!! :) I did not have to crop or resize the pic at all....

PS... I found the siggi by sheer fluke. I was desperately trying to resize existing pix on my photobucket and nothing was working. I typed "Daniel Craig long pics" into Google, meaning in length of course, and the GDT pic was amongst them. If I do change again, I think I will keep the siggi as it's quite hard to find long thin photographs that will fit into that siggi panel. There are simply TOO many gorgeous pix of Daniel to choose from... :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Looks as though our man is back in the UK. There are twitter sightings of him at the theatre seeing his old mate Mark Strong.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

He got good reviews for A view from the Bridge.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com