Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:sorry to be really thick, is TIFF just a film festival like Cannes is?
Yes, Toronto International Film Festival - became rather big recently.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:sorry to be really thick, is TIFF just a film festival like Cannes is?
Yes, Toronto International Film Festival - became rather big recently.
thanks gg :D :oops:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Togal, Jocelyn, are you guys still here? Because I think, he will fly into Toronto this weekend and there will be coverage - unfortunately maybe due to the rumors, but hopefully some bits about the film as well. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

togal

Post by togal »

Germangirl wrote:Togal, Jocelyn, are you guys still here? Because I think, he will fly into Toronto this weekend and there will be coverage - unfortunately maybe due to the rumors, but hopefully some bits about the film as well. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks :D
Hi Germangirl! I'm here :D I didn't know Daniel was planning to be in Toronto this soon. I will have to keep my eyes open. The good thing about Toronto (for Daniel that is), he can probably slip in and out of here without being detected.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

togal wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Togal, Jocelyn, are you guys still here? Because I think, he will fly into Toronto this weekend and there will be coverage - unfortunately maybe due to the rumors, but hopefully some bits about the film as well. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks :D
Hi Germangirl! I'm here :D I didn't know Daniel was planning to be in Toronto this soon. I will have to keep my eyes open. The good thing about Toronto (for Daniel that is), he can probably slip in and out of here without being detected.
Hi, thanks for "reporting on duty" :wink:
The reshoots are planned for the first 2 weeks in December.
But unfortunately - due to the rumor mill - they might be more eager to dig out some dirt now. :evil: I am sure, they won't find any and not even sure, I wanna read the crap, they might come up with, BUT at the same time - my other half is eager for some pics... :oops:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jim Sheridan‘s psychological thriller “Dream House” has finally sorted out its previously revealed production scheduling issues with reshoots now set to take place in early December when star Daniel Craig is temporarily freed of obligations tp David Fincher‘s “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.”
The project originally began lensing in January of this year but is said to have test screened in July, after which it was determined reshoots would be necessary. Complications arose as Craig signed on to Fincher’s Stieg Larsson adaptation straight after Jon Favreau‘s comic-book adaptation “Cowboys & Aliens,” however, Variety now report that the production will reconvene in a two week window in December for reshoots during a production break on ‘Dragon Tattoo.’

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Studio chiefs had hoped thriller Dream House would be ready to hit theatres on 18 February 2011, but their plans were scuppered when they ordered additional footage and discovered Craig is fully booked for the rest ofthe year, reports Daily Variety.

The James Bond star is in popular demand, shooting David Fincher's reworking of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in Sweden - meaning he won't be available to return to the Toronto, Canada set of Dream House until December (10) at the earliest.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu May 05, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubita

Post by bubita »

Daniel_Craig wrote:I have another release date: 30th Sept. 2011!!

Source: The Press Portal of Universal Studios. (Only for registered users)
Can you see the release date in Chile??!!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

That's forever! So we have to wait another year almost for Daniel in the flesh on the silver screen (I don't count Tin Tin)? I feel a primal scream coming on.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:That's forever! So we have to wait another year almost for Daniel in the flesh on the silver screen (I don't count Tin Tin)? I feel a primal scream coming on.
You guys are on in July at least. But lets give it a bright sight - from June on it will probably be an overload. Just like the man himself - everything or nothing.

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

bumblebee wrote:That's forever! So we have to wait another year almost for Daniel in the flesh on the silver screen (I don't count Tin Tin)? I feel a primal scream coming on.
Mrs. B. C&A is coming July 29th. :roll:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Ahhhhh. I am out of the loop these days, thanks for keeping me straight. That's still a wait. But I'll I'll suck it up.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

No reshoots until March.

Snow Problem Sends Jim Sheridan's 'Dream House' to Reshoots

"We went to Toronto in January and it didn't snow one day that month. And the entire movie is set in a snow storm."

WHISTLER, British Columbia -- Irish director Jim Sheridan is looking wistfully out of a hotel window in Whistler, B.C. as falling snow blankets the picturesque Canadian ski resort.

Sheridan is conducting a Canadian Film Center screenwriting workshop here after the fluffly white stuff, or more precisely, the lack thereof, last January cursed the original shoot in Toronto for his psychological thriller Dream House, the Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz-starrer set for reshootsin March 2011.

"We went to Toronto in January and it didn't snow one day that month. And the entire movie is set in a snow storm," he explained.

Even worse, in Connecticut, where the supernatural thriller for Universal Pictures is set, it snowed heavily from January to March last winter, Sheridan recalled.

The additional footage -- mostly snowy footprints and shots out of car windows -- was to be shot in Toronto this week.

But the reshoots have now been postponed to March after Craig couldn't get away from the set of David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in Sweden at the same time that Weisz was free from the London set of Terence Davies' The Deep Blue Sea.

And Dream House co-star Naomi Watts is in Thailand top-lining the tsunami disaster movie The Impossible, opposite Ewan McGregor.

With all three actors better placed to gather in Toronto for reshoots next March, Universal Pictures has pushed the theatrical release of Dream House from Morgan Creek Productions from February 2011 to later in the year.

Sheridan added that recent test screenings revealed he needs another two or three scenes for Dream House to better explain the movie to audiences.

"It's actually more information we need, to give the audience information earlier in the movie, he explained.

Dream House sees Weisz play the wife of a New York publishing executive (Craig), who relocates his family to a quaint New England town, only to discover their perfect home was the murder scene of a mother and her two children.

"I'm happy enough with it. It will be a good movie. But it's a very unusual story-line that's sometimes hard to negotiate," Sheridan explained.

"At base, it's a big love story. On top of that, it's a genre horror story. On top of that, it's a psychological thriller. There's a lot of strands to keep in the air," he added.

Postponing the reshoots to March allowed Sheridan to come west this week to the Whistler Film Festival to fulfill a pledge to Norman Jewison and mentor three screenwriters at the Canadian Film Center.

Sheridan completed the workshop with Blake Corbett and his script for the film Mighty Lion, Katherine Collins with her The Berliner script, and Garfield Lindsay Miller with a script for Bitter Pills.

"I was really surprised at the level of all of the scripts. Usually it's a real headache as you have something rather undeveloped. But each was in an advanced stage of development," Sheridan said.

The Irish director also welcomed a break from Dream House, and a remake of I Claudius that he will direct for Relativity Media.

"It takes your mind off what you're working on, and then it flashes like a light what you should do with the other one, because you're not paying attention," Sheridan explained.

"So for me it's a great little break and a bit of fun," he added.

source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... dans-57120

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Thanks Dunda - good to know the hold-up is due to snow and not some other fudge.