QUEER

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Re: QUEER

Post by Germangirl »

Nice. Young Daniel shining through with this hairdo
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

New information about Queer in Deadline including a photo from the set. It sounds like a very intense performance from Daniel. Perhaps a bit too edgy for mainstream tastes.

https://deadline.com/2023/09/lorenzo-mi ... 235534484/

Lorenzo Mieli: How The Italian Producer Of Sofia Coppola’s ‘Priscilla’, Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Queer’ & HBO’s ‘My Brilliant Friend’ Is Breaking Global Boundaries – Venice

“He taught me a big lesson,” compliments Guadagnino about Mieli’s editing touch, “You don’t need to get the character to walk a lot of steps in order to give a sense of tempo in a movie.” The director says that with Queer he wanted a Mexico City, dreamy with colors that was “in a way staged, not real,” hence Mieli’s suggestion to recreate the location at Cinecittà.

At Guadagnino’s editing suite with Costa, Mieli screens what’s essentially a sizzle reel for Queer. Costa cut it so that Mieli and Guadagnino could get a feel for the pic’s tone. However, the jazzy, frenetic footage is exciting enough to easily serve as a trailer or a pitch to buyers, should the filmmakers plan to use it. Queer is based on William Burroughs’s 1985 novel, but it was written between 1951 and 1953. The book is also a follow-up to the author’s Junkie. The pic follows Craig as Lee, who recounts his life in Mexico City among American expatriate college students and bar owners surviving on part-time jobs and GI Bill benefits. Lee is self-conscious, insecure and driven to pursue a young man named Allerton, who is based on Adelbert Lewis Marker (1930-1998), a recently discharged American Navy serviceman from Jacksonville, FL, who befriended Burroughs in Mexico City.

We’ve seen the 007 actor play raw before, but not like this, hallucinating, strung out, entranced by a ceiling fan and crazily popping off a gun. Images of bugs, dirty wallpaper and blood. The colors are vibrant in pinks and blues, and greys. While Costa is known to work fast (he edited Challengers in 15 days), Queer is still in need of VFX backdrops, evident in the green screens popping up in additional footage we watched. It would not be shocking to see that Italy’s next big cinema export, Queer, in the Oscar conversation next year.

Like Leone with his spaghetti westerns, Queer is another Mieli project, set abroad, about an American, but made in Italy.

“I think you should be aware of the fact that Lorenzo is a producer on the scenario of the world, not from Italy,” emphasizes Guadagnino, “Italy is just the passport.”

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Great! I hope to see some footage soon....Finally my wish for art movies from DC is happening....
Vanquish wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:14 am New information about Queer in Deadline including a photo from the set. It sounds like a very intense performance from Daniel. Perhaps a bit too edgy for mainstream tastes.

https://deadline.com/2023/09/lorenzo-mi ... 235534484/

Lorenzo Mieli: How The Italian Producer Of Sofia Coppola’s ‘Priscilla’, Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Queer’ & HBO’s ‘My Brilliant Friend’ Is Breaking Global Boundaries – Venice

“He taught me a big lesson,” compliments Guadagnino about Mieli’s editing touch, “You don’t need to get the character to walk a lot of steps in order to give a sense of tempo in a movie.” The director says that with Queer he wanted a Mexico City, dreamy with colors that was “in a way staged, not real,” hence Mieli’s suggestion to recreate the location at Cinecittà.

At Guadagnino’s editing suite with Costa, Mieli screens what’s essentially a sizzle reel for Queer. Costa cut it so that Mieli and Guadagnino could get a feel for the pic’s tone. However, the jazzy, frenetic footage is exciting enough to easily serve as a trailer or a pitch to buyers, should the filmmakers plan to use it. Queer is based on William Burroughs’s 1985 novel, but it was written between 1951 and 1953. The book is also a follow-up to the author’s Junkie. The pic follows Craig as Lee, who recounts his life in Mexico City among American expatriate college students and bar owners surviving on part-time jobs and GI Bill benefits. Lee is self-conscious, insecure and driven to pursue a young man named Allerton, who is based on Adelbert Lewis Marker (1930-1998), a recently discharged American Navy serviceman from Jacksonville, FL, who befriended Burroughs in Mexico City.

We’ve seen the 007 actor play raw before, but not like this, hallucinating, strung out, entranced by a ceiling fan and crazily popping off a gun. Images of bugs, dirty wallpaper and blood. The colors are vibrant in pinks and blues, and greys. While Costa is known to work fast (he edited Challengers in 15 days), Queer is still in need of VFX backdrops, evident in the green screens popping up in additional footage we watched. It would not be shocking to see that Italy’s next big cinema export, Queer, in the Oscar conversation next year.

Like Leone with his spaghetti westerns, Queer is another Mieli project, set abroad, about an American, but made in Italy.

“I think you should be aware of the fact that Lorenzo is a producer on the scenario of the world, not from Italy,” emphasizes Guadagnino, “Italy is just the passport.”

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, as with Rachels project, which has flopped, I am not a fan of this kind if movie. Do we really need more of that on screen? Its in the real world enough and progressing.
What people need is tutoring how to get it right and to understand, what is going on behind the curtains.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Which Rachel's project? If you mean Dead Ringers I saw it like the one with Jeremy Irons....and like both....but that is just me and my sometimes quirky taste....
Luca Guadagnino is making artsy non mainstream movies. And from everything I saw DC likes doing them...
Germangirl wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:57 am Hm, as with Rachels project, which has flopped, I am not a fan of this kind if movie. Do we really need more of that on screen? Its in the real world enough and progressing.
What people need is tutoring how to get it right and to understand, what is going on behind the curtains.
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, he does. But I dont. 😉

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:03 am Yes, he does. But I dont. 😉
Yes, I got that.......
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I guess 😉

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:57 am Hm, as with Rachels project, which has flopped, I am not a fan of this kind if movie. Do we really need more of that on screen? Its in the real world enough and progressing.
How is Rachel's project a flop???
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well, it did flop, didnt it?

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

It is a limited series made for Netflix not the same as a movie.... Don't know what is the rating on Netflix, but actually the topic is really something not easy....
Germangirl wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:08 pm Well, it did flop, didnt it?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I wouldn't consider 85% on rotten tomatoes and 70+ on metacritics a flop :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No, me neither. Read it two or three times and didnt check those.
Ah ok. Audience score ist 64, which is not so good.

Whatever. Not worth getting into a disput over. 🤗

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

We're all good.....

There's no accounting for taste :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com