Knives Out

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

videnovasan

Re: Knives Out

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:14 pm So no BAFTA nom for Knives Out

https://www.celebitchy.com/647171/bafta ... ategories/

That sucks :evil:
There is one for original screenplay for Rian Johnson
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:53 pm I really dont understand it. He is British, too. I thought Baftas were a given.

In the end, it doesnt matter, because the film performs so well.
Me neither.....but to think of. I think if he wasn't Bond maybe the thinks would have been different. I think there is a lot of envy from a lot of people. Once he said that more people have been on the moon then ones that played this character.....So I think he will take what the recognition he deserves and he started already with this movie and with the one listed as in pre-production Creed of violence I think was the title. So that's from me now...
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

videnovasan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:35 pm
Germangirl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:53 pm I really dont understand it. He is British, too. I thought Baftas were a given.

Me neither.....but to think of. I think if he wasn't Bond maybe the thinks would have been different. I think there is a lot of envy from a lot of people. Once he said that more people have been on the moon then ones that played this character.....So I think he will take what the recognition he deserves and he started already with this movie and with the one listed as in pre-production Creed of violence I think was the title. So that's from me now...
I'm not really convinced that Creed of Violoence will ever be made :lol:
It was announced back in 2013 that it will be released in 2014 with Christian Bake taking the lead. Then nothing for 6 years until it was rumored that now Daniel will take over.
But you never know, I keep my fingers crossed. The book was good.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm
videnovasan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:35 pm

I'm not really convinced that Creed of Violoence will ever be made :lol:
It was announced back in 2013 that it will be released in 2014 with Christian Bake taking the lead. Then nothing for 6 years until it was rumored that now Daniel will take over.
But you never know, I keep my fingers crossed. The book was good.
At least it is listed like pre-production, but will see...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What is that all about?

But I agree videnovasan, it will all ne easier, once Bond lays Behind.

Even though he will never loose that role.
„The former Bond star“ etc
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:21 pm What is that all about?

But I agree videnovasan, it will all ne easier, once Bond lays Behind.

Even though he will never loose that role.
„The former Bond star“ etc
This is it...
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1312216/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_3

And yes he never loose that title, but I don't think he will bother so much....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Ok thanks. He will probably get so many scripts now-of all sorts, that he maybe does something else. The next will be important. 😉
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 am Ok thanks. He will probably get so many scripts now-of all sorts, that he maybe does something else. The next will be important. 😉
Yep. I think the same and actually I wish him to do something with or Martin McDonagh, or Paul Tomas Anderson...that will be interesting. Not so much with Tarantino. But we will see..
Last edited by videnovasan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

This movie has legs. It still has a increase every weekend.
I'm so happy it's doing well

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3204875777/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 pm This movie has legs. It still has a increase every weekend.
I'm so happy it's doing well

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3204875777/

Indeed...let's hope we will have a pleasant surprise Monday morning...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sadly I dont think so with being snubbed by the Baftas. I suppose they will nominate whats been in favour so far. But yes, we can hope 👍

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:16 am Sadly I dont think so with being snubbed by the Baftas. I suppose they will nominate whats been in favour so far. But yes, we can hope 👍
I'm in the same boat, but I like pleasant surprises...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Knives Out has now earned just under $140 million at the US box office. It will overtake Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in the next few days to become the 2nd biggest non-franchise film of 2019, behind Us. World-wide, Knives Out currently stands at $255 million.

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:46 am Knives Out has now earned just under $140 million at the US box office. It will overtake Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in the next few days to become the 2nd biggest non-franchise film of 2019, behind Us. World-wide, Knives Out currently stands at $255 million.
So......Shall we celebrate later today I wonder?
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Box office update
Grosses
DOMESTIC (52.9%)
$141,677,387
INTERNATIONAL (47.1%)
$126,031,288
WORLDWIDE
$267,708,675