Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Othello

Post by Germangirl »

Hi All! Lets give it a thread on here, where most will look.

I start this with some tweets from Sylvia from thestage thread

subiasminvited dress of Sam Gold's production of OTHELLO. Staggeringly brilliant, truly. David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig are genius

Sam Gold's reimagining of #Othello at @nytw79 starring a brilliant #DanielCraig and #DavidOyelowo is unmissable! An astonishing first preview!

jessprichard1Best $25 ever spent...
#DamnThatWasGood!

karlrimWatching Othello! Daniel Craig is so awesome! #othello

New York City Stage â€￾@NYCStageBlog 3h3 hours ago
Just got blown away by Othello at NYTW!

Alyson Marie â€￾@alysonmaried 3h3 hours ago
Great performances by all in #Othello @NYTW79

Kels â€￾@KellenDotCom 3h3 hours ago Brooklyn, NY
Just saw #OthelloNYTW w/ Daniel Craig, David Oyelowo, Finn Wittrock, & the rest of the amazing cast -seriously spectacular show -go see it!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW, very relieved, it sounds like this. And over 3 h? OMG! :shock:
Getting to see Daniel live for such a long time. Pam, I envy you even more now. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Marsha Dubrow â€￾@MarshaDubrow 40m40 minutes ago
#DanielCraig is ill so 2night's OTHELLO @NYTW79 is cancelled! Nothing @TKTS I want. Ah, well, 2morrow's AIDA @MetOpera!

xoxo, Saneeta Renee â€￾@ChicInspector 3h3 hours ago
I'm super pissed, I left my family early to get back to NYC to see #Othello and they just cancelled the performance!!😫😫😫
danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

Poor baby.
bubita

Post by bubita »

What? Why?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

T do that, he has to really feel bad. Lets hope, he is well soon. Doesn't he have a what's it called? Someone, who can take over.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:T do that, he has to really feel bad. Lets hope, he is well soon. Doesn't he have a what's it called? Someone, who can take over.
Understudy? You would think so.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, but seems to cancel on short notice, something has happened shortly before, so they had no time to change it. So, there should be notice, whether or not the understudy will take over for the time being or if Daniel is back today.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Now I'm worried...... :?
I hope he just has a bad cold or something....
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Something you can be quickly ill and it's also seasonal : gastroenteritis...
I hope he will be in his feet again very soon. OMG how would I be pissed if I'd traveled to NY !! Remind me when is Pam going ?
ImageImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

FrenchCat wrote:Something you can be quickly ill and it's also seasonal : gastroenteritis...
I hope he will be in his feet again very soon. OMG how would I be pissed if I'd traveled to NY !! Remind me when is Pam going ?
3rd Dec I think.....
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I 'decided' it was a bad throat/cough.... he can't be saying all those lines if he is coughing can he? Gastroenteritis is also going to keep him from the stage if that's what he has.... I've been thinking/worrying about him all day... I know I shouldn't but.... :oops: :?

He's had worse on Bond... the knee injury for example. So I know worrying is not really logical.

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but, when he is well again, he will only be doing ONE daily performance yes? At 3 hours long and being such a strenuous production, it won't be possible to do more than that I'm sure.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

This is my worst nightmare come true! My brother has been teasing me all week about this and that is understudy will have to perform and that would be John Barrowman whom he cant stand.
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

John Barrowman!!

What a swear word! I can't stand him LMAO.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I am flying to NY on thursday and seeing Othello on Sat and Sun. Hopefully whichever cast member it is that is ill they will be better by then. It is another week. I cannot see them wanting to cancel a whole weeks performances unless it was something really serious and unavoidable.
Never regret anything that makes you smile!