NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks CN. Hmmmmm, Hiddleston sounds like a bit of a prima donna doesn't he? Like he's having a hissy fit or is a kid having a temper tantrum. :wink: :roll: I still like him as an actor but I can see how this can be misconstrued. If he doesn't want to answer questions, he should politely say that he does not wish to discuss it. That's what Daniel usually does.

Interesting how this article includes the following link too...
http://news.sky.com/story/1576540/bond- ... t-craig-go
...published as SP was coming out.

Personally, I hope that BB and MGW still have this mindset. :)
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I'm calling it: I'll eat my hat if there's no media stuff about this tomorrow.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

CheekyNandos wrote:I'm calling it: I'll eat my hat if there's no media stuff about this tomorrow.
Really, there's something planned for Sunday? I saw Hidfkeston in a movie 'Highrise' this evening at a cinema in Cardiff. I kept staring at him and trying to imagine him suited up as Bond. There are worse, for sure, but his facial features look so dainty and delicate. He has a nice body but would need to bulk up like Daniel did, IMO. DC set the bar very high for physique.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Oh, no, sorry if I caused any confusion... Basically every rumour I've seen has been published on a Sunday lol.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

CheekyNandos wrote:Oh, no, sorry if I caused any confusion... Basically every rumour I've seen has been published on a Sunday lol.
Oh! Lol!!

On a far-off topic, you know who I think will be a stunner when he grows up? Romeo Beckham. Such a handsome boy. Maybe one day he'll be Bond. Back on topic, it's such a difficult job to pick the next one because (1) Daniel owns Bond now, and (2) there's just no obvious choice. Requiring a UK or UK-ish accent cuts down on the selection size.
SmittenDramaKitten

Things have gone quiet, even in relation to the Next-Bond-Media-Hype. :o :?

I was flicking through the latest edition of Total Film at lunchtime today. There is a "fun" quotes page where they have quoted Tom Hiddleston about being Bond. The magazine didn't give any indication that he was talking bollocks. :?

I thought the question of Hiddleston being Bond had already been answered. IE, NO! I suppose if there was any more news on this subject, someone would have posted it but I would still really like to know the truth on this subject. I don't suppose we'll be told anything definitive for a good long while yet.

I would dearly love to know where Daniel is, how he is, what he's doing...
Rehearsing Othello?
UNMAS work?
Another break?
:-k
I don't like Dry Spells.... :sigh:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

There was a great gifset on tumblr about the evolution of the question posed to Hiddleston and he just can't handle the media hype around the role. It requires a certain gravitas and attitude, and it's really something that he doesn't possess.

I don't want to go into the reasons why I don't consider him Bond, even though I'm tempted to, I'm sure they are too overly controversial.

I also know some of you are rooting for a bad Bond... Honestly, I'm not. Daniel has cemented himself well and truly as one or two for most people in the greatest of all time lists... And that type of 'special' as proven by both Connery and Daniel just doesn't come around quickly. As Daniel once said, in terms of the next Bond (for me at least), "just don't be shit."

Daniel will move on and still be great IMHO and he doesn't need Bond to do that although I sincerely (and, I admit, rather selfishly) hope he returns for one more. The prospect of him acting out a proper homage/adaptation to OHMSS/YOLT is just absolute bliss in my head, given his acting ability and the fact that I've read those books and know what happens. While the current OHMSS is almost spot on to the book, YOLT isn't, and it's a damn shame. SPECTRE sets it up perfectly (totally IMHO) while also providing Daniel with a suitable out if he decides that a OHMSS/YOLT remake really doesn't tickle his fancy, which is fine as well.

When there's uncertainty around the franchise it's always filled with worry, which is where I am right now and where I was eleven or twelve years ago. I am a shameless Bond fan and have always seen the previous actor as a pair of safe hands. This'll continue, I suspect, as the franchise shows no sign of keeling over any time soon.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

James Bond: Ralph Fiennes on his future as M

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/40108/james-bo ... z46fXbkGqk
SmittenDramaKitten

I googled Daniel on my phone as I went to bed last night (...just checking... the fun thing was lying in bed watching his vids on YT for 20 minutes before I went to sleep... ) This led to my post about his potential ballroom escapades in Strictly posted on News Tidbits. Google also had yet ANOTHER link about whether or not Hiddleston is in the running for the role of Bond. I didn't post the link because it can be considered 'old news'. The interesting part about the new article is that Hiddleston has now said that he cannot comment on whether he has the part or not because IT IS NOT UP FOR GRABS.
:brood:
Could this mean that Daniel has not unequivocally said NO yet???!!!
Here's hoping! :)

Footnote:

This wasn't the article I saw since it was only posted 6 hours ago.
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/tom-h ... cra/406057
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I googled Daniel on my phone as I went to bed last night (...just checking... the fun thing was lying in bed watching his vids on YT for 20 minutes before I went to sleep... ) This led to my post about his potential ballroom escapades in Strictly posted on News Tidbits. Google also had yet ANOTHER link about whether or not Hiddleston is in the running for the role of Bond. I didn't post the link because it can be considered 'old news'. The interesting part about the new article is that Hiddleston has now said that he cannot comment on whether he has the part or not because IT IS NOT UP FOR GRABS.

Footnote:

Is this the article you found:
http://www.parentherald.com/articles/40 ... -craig.htm

"The thing is the position is not vacant," Tom Hiddleston said when asked about playing James Bond at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, per CBS. "So, I don't know that I can answer that question until it is."
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Red-Snow wrote:
SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I googled Daniel on my phone as I went to bed last night (...just checking... the fun thing was lying in bed watching his vids on YT for 20 minutes before I went to sleep... ) This led to my post about his potential ballroom escapades in Strictly posted on News Tidbits. Google also had yet ANOTHER link about whether or not Hiddleston is in the running for the role of Bond. I didn't post the link because it can be considered 'old news'. The interesting part about the new article is that Hiddleston has now said that he cannot comment on whether he has the part or not because IT IS NOT UP FOR GRABS.

Footnote:

Is this the article you found:
http://www.parentherald.com/articles/40 ... -craig.htm

"The thing is the position is not vacant," Tom Hiddleston said when asked about playing James Bond at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, per CBS. "So, I don't know that I can answer that question until it is."
Oh this makes me happy :D
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

To play Devil's Advocate (sorry) ... If Tom has had no contact then how does he know whether the position is vacant or not?

He's just tired of the media questioning him about it, imho.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

True point!
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

:shock: Hasn't someone taken an advanced driving course in how to avoid addressing things you can't/don't want to talk about.

Tom Hiddleston Gets Flustered Talking James Bond Rumours - The Graham Norton Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpRvWFLNDfQ