NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hmmmmm I fell I'm alone here....but I do LIKE Hiddlestone. :lol:

I just think he's no Bond material and I really doubt he will be Bond.

He's a great actor I love him The Hollow Crown and as Loki. Haven't seen Nighwatch yet.

He was amazing in in Coriolanus. I liked his portrait better than Ralph Fiennes take on the character.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:Hmmmmm I fell I'm alone here....but I do LIKE Hiddlestone. :lol:

He's a great actor I love him The Hollow Crown and as Loki. Haven't seen Nighwatch yet.

He was amazing in in Coriolanus. I liked his portrait better than Ralph Fiennes take on the character.
I like him as an actor too.
The Night Manager was excellent.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Nightwatch :lol: :lol:

I actually wanted to write " I haven't watched Night Manager yet" and ended up not having seen Nightwatch :lol:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He might be an alright actor, but he does NOTHING for me at all.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh I like him, I thought he was ok in The Night Manager, but for Bond. No. He's too effete for my taste. Roger Moore anyone!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Bond :lol: :lol:

bubita

Post by bubita »

For once, I am happy this nonsense has happend now, trying to find a replacement for Daniel is worthless. No Hiddlestone or Elba , neither Hardy or the guy from Poldark can replace him.
At some point, people will realize the one fit for the role is Daniel himself. He´s still young, He has the swagger, he has the voice, the acting skills and he will be ready to take on the part once again.
I hope he gets a great script because he hasn´t finnished with Blofeld yet. There´s a lot writers can come up with.
Looking foward to Purity, love to see him doing other stuff as well.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hi Bubita, but if he did one more, the same problem would present itself in 2-3 years. Same cast of characters to pick from. The landscape will be the same. As far as I know, there isn't any actor who would be very good but is just a bit too young right now.

I think he rode off into the sunset with Madeleine.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

sf2la wrote:Hi Bubita, but if he did one more, the same problem would present itself in 2-3 years. Same cast of characters to pick from. The landscape will be the same. As far as I know, there isn't any actor who would be very good but is just a bit too young right now.

What until he gets bored and regenerates himself as Hiddleston?
bubita

Post by bubita »

bumblebee wrote:
sf2la wrote:Hi Bubita, but if he did one more, the same problem would present itself in 2-3 years. Same cast of characters to pick from. The landscape will be the same. As far as I know, there isn't any actor who would be very good but is just a bit too young right now.

exactly! there is no way they can start a new chapter with Hiddleston, If they want to start fresh with a new actor they would think of coming up with a story from scratch, wish means, in my oppinion, a much younger actor
and that is too much of a risk right now and I don´t think Barbara is ready to let him go just yet.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

bubita wrote:
bumblebee wrote:

exactly! there is no way they can start a new chapter with Hiddleston, If they want to start fresh with a new actor they would think of coming up with a story from scratch, wish means, in my oppinion, a much younger actor
and that is too much of a risk right now and I don´t think Barbara is ready to let him go just yet.
Bubita, your words are music to my years. Maybe there is hope. I would think there's still credibility to be had, if they position it as Craig's last outing as Bond. My god, wouldn't that put bums on seats.
bubita

Post by bubita »

bumblebee wrote:
bubita wrote:
bumblebee wrote: What until he gets bored and regenerates himself as Hiddleston?
Bubita, your words are music to my years. Maybe there is hope. I would think there's still credibility to be had, if they position it as Craig's last outing as Bond. My god, wouldn't that put bums on seats.
Yes, EON wouldn´t lose the opportunity to let people know about Dan´s last outing, for money or respect for the man, whatever.
I still have high hopes for the next film wit Dan in it.
Talking about Brexit, I´ll go for #Danin :lol:
Maria

Post by Maria »

Dunda wrote:Hmmmmm I fell I'm alone here....but I do LIKE Hiddlestone. :lol:

I agree, Hiddleston is a good actor but whomever they choose (and I hope it's not Hiddleston!) I'd still want Daniel in the role. Well, I want Daniel in any decent role. So I am biased. Okay, just slightly biased. 8)

We have to be patient. Something I should be accustomed to trying to be patient being a Daniel fan.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh, we sure learn that - the hard way :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

bubita wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
bubita wrote: exactly! there is no way they can start a new chapter with Hiddleston, If they want to start fresh with a new actor they would think of coming up with a story from scratch, wish means, in my oppinion, a much younger actor
Yes, EON wouldn´t lose the opportunity to let people know about Dan´s last outing, for money or respect for the man, whatever.
I still have high hopes for the next film wit Dan in it.
Talking about Brexit, I´ll go for #Danin :lol:
Can I just say Bubita (and Mrs Bee) that I 110% agree with what you said and I love you for saying it?
:blowkiss:
Now, I just hope you are proved right.