NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Before and after skyfall, i think the only reason they keep bringing it up is because of Craig's comments right after Spectre
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SilverDragon wrote:Before and after skyfall, i think the only reason they keep bringing it up is because of Craig's comments right after Spectre
No, it started much earlier with the leak and the damn Elba guy. This got it going. I am sure, that was a bit unnerving for Daniel, too. But lets put in context, that they made an end, that could very well serve as his end. So - the idea was probably there from the beginning.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I dunno maybe because PB did 4 people assume that Daniel will do the same...i dunno :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SilverDragon wrote:I dunno maybe because PB did 4 people assume that Daniel will do the same...i dunno :lol:
Naa, we all know, how Pierce was axed and Daniel certainly is not. Its his free will. .

BTW - THE DM is sticking to their story. The web is exploding over it.
But we kow, how fast the net picks up every bs, but on the other hand, this is getting so much drive now, that it could be true.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I think all eyes are on EON right now. The pressure is on them to make a statement even if it's "we are still working things out."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, they cannot just let it stand. Its either, yes or no now.

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

The web is certainly blowing up over it....even "no decision has been made" would suffice.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think this is a subtle way of letting us down gently. 4 films, 10 years. Finito. Boo hoo!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Normally we would easily have 5. He got unlucky with MGM and later Mendes. Not his fault.

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I would be delighted to get a fifth one out of him....going to be devasted if he leaves :cry:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Doesn't it just irk you that they lead with the money headline. Tempting as it is, money would unlikely be a motivator for DC at this point in his tenure.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Just reading through comments over at MI6, 68million is a rediculous amount and unlikely amount of money to offer someone for two movies.....somethings funny....smelling a little bs
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

BBC is more reliable? Maybe we can rest for a while

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/entertainm ... b885361fc9
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

From the BBC: Daniel Craig hasn’t yet decided on whether he wants to do another Bond movie. Reports in the past 24 hours have suggested that the actor, who’s starred in four 007 movies, has turned down a deal to make any more films in the series.

But separate, authoritative Bond sources have independently confirmed to BBC News that Craig hasn’t made any decision about his future as 007, and that “no decision is likely to be made for a whileâ€￾.

Earlier this year MGM, which controls the rights to the 007 franchise, told investors that the series was operating on a three-to-four year cycle, which means that the next Bond film isn’t due in cinemas until late 2018 at the earliest
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is as concrete as it gets. So, it was, after all, just a storm in the waterglass. But they should make it really public, so it does go through all the news channels like the bullocks stuff :wink: