NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

I handled Danny Boyle's "dismissal." They were glad to bring Danny Boyle as director on board. Danny and the screenplay by John Hodges with the "golden" idea. Even Barbara and Michael were happy with the whole thing. I was also happy that Danny Boyle should direct Bond 25.

After the ejection of Danny Boyle the water is up to the neck. How to find a director now on the fast, who also endures the allure of Daniel Craig and can best fight back. On the set, the registeur has the last word and not the main actor.

I forgot. Daniel Craig was "Co Producer" at SPECTRE. That must have gone up a bit. Or does he want to use his allure to postpone the start date scheduled for October / November 2019 so that he can "take a baby break"? The baby is private and has nothing to do with Bond 25.

Finally, people were hired, contracts signed to get the project up and running.
Even Daniel Craig will not want to give up his million Doller paycheck. Because he knows for sure that after James Bond no more cock crows after him and the great role offers stay out.

Or he grabs the role selection in the toilet. The movie "Kings" 2017) with Helle Barry is such a prime example!

Yet another note about the "arrogance" in Bond Universumsum. SPECTRE World Premiere London 2015. Barbara Broccli was briefly with our Fanrarea. She did not sign autographs. Supposedly had no time for the fans and quickly disappeared.
The only ones who did real "fan care" were Sam Mendes and Ralph Fiennes. Both have completely gone off the fan rows in the Prince Consort RD and have signed autographs and taken pictures with the fans.
Daniel Craig and the other leading actors were kept away from the fans and served only the few fans who were standing directly on the red carpet and the cameras. Yes. It all looks better in front of the cameras of the photographers and the film crew.

They should take an example of Tom Cruise. He always comes 2 hours before the official premiere start and gives the fans autographs. That was now at the MI: 6 premieres and also at the MI: 5 Premiere 2015 in Vienna. At that time I had followed these via Livestream.

They should also try this fan care with Bond. They should always keep in mind that the fans decide on the success of a movie at the box office. To play with the idea that Bond is a self-runner, they should tick off. The shot can sometimes go back ...

So come down from your high horse at EON, pinch your ass cheeks, get a good director for Bond 25 and make a good movie.

You have an important date to keep! October / November 2019 !!

This was my 6000 post in a sesond start. LOL :mrgreen:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From someone, who really knows the insides.

Not been here for ages, but I do dip in and see the posts every now and again. So I thought I'd pass on some knowledge which you can take or leave.

Boyle jumped ship for a number of reasons. Yes, Eon wanted to bring on another writer, which is very standard practice, especially on big budget franchise films. Boyle wanted to keep the budget as tight as possible, but of course that meant a strain on the action scenes - Boyle, apparently, favoured less action, and I suspect the studio and Eon were not completely comfortable with that - SF is relatively light on action, but it does have a full-on pre-title action sequence, a mid-section London Underground action/chase sequence, and an explosive climax. Boyle nearly always pushes to cast relative unknowns - just take a look at his films - for example he cast a TV soap actor in the Beetles film, but Universal balanced that out by asking him to cast a more well known female lead, which he did. So on Bond there was certainly deep discussions and probably disagreements (between all parties) on casting - again, this very, very standard on almost any film or TV show.

As for Craig. I'd like to say, personally knowing crew (friends and associates of mine) who have worked with Craig on his Bond films and also Layer Cake, he is highly regarded and respected for being very professional and committed and NOT, I stress - NOT - a prima donna as a few on this forum have suggested. However, he takes his job very seriously and he is the lead actor, with 4 Bond films under his belt so far, and so he knows his take on the character and his own strengths as an actor - and this is true of many lead actors, male or female. Wise producers and directors - and, for that matter, writers, carefully listen to a lead actor's (or any other main cast members') opinions and ideas, and, all being well, take their thoughts - sometimes their demands - onboard. Established lead actors have always had the power to challenge or question their producers, writers, and directors - Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Richard Widmark, Dustin Hoffman, Steve McQueen (very hard to handle), Robert Shaw, Sean Connery, Jessica Lang, George C. Scott, Robert Downey Jr. (you want to see a list of demands!!!), George Clooney (yes charming, but he fights his corner), the list goes on and on. (Some may want to claim Craig is not an A list actor, but in the film industry that's what he is - he's Bond, and that means something.) Craig is doing his job.

Filmmaking is a highly creative process, frequently very intense and very pressurised, and so artistic, even personal, clashes come with territory. Over and out.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Congrats DC on 6000!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Germangirl wrote:Congrats DC on 6000!
Obrigado! ;)

Greetings from Portugal. 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/bond ... q87SWPNpwo

So lets hope, they make the schedule. Seems also they use Hodges script being polished, which is good news.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I can live with a four month delay. At least its still happening.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

At least,
now we have something that is confirmed!
OK, a premiere in February (I remember, older Bonds had this also but I just don't remember which one). Maybe in snow :wink: .
Now I hope, the new dircetor will be the right one. I never heard about him.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The boys on MI6 are very happy with him. He might be the right guy, maybe bezter then DB.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:The boys on MI6 are very happy with him. He might be the right guy, maybe bezter then DB.
Good to know, I've read he did some great directing. Onwards and upwards. A February release, mmh, our premiere die hards will need to bundle up for that one! Brrr.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

The name did ring a very tiny bell. :lol:

I just looked it up and yes he directed the first season of True Detective.

So I'm VERY VERY happy with this.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Callie

Post by Callie »

I'm not familiar with this director, but very pleased to see others are happy with the choice!
It's a shame we'll have to wait a little longer, but inevitable I suppose, and it's better that they take their time to get it right.
Thanks for the update!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Looks like this could be a positive all round, and perhaps a better choice than Danny Boyle:

https://www.laineygossip.com/cary-fukun ... d-25/50900

"After Danny Boyle was and then wasn’t making the next Bond movie, the “who will direct” merry-go-round started up again. (The “who will play Bond” merry-go-round never stops, even when someone is already playing Bond.) After a month of searching, the new director for Bond 25 has been announced and it is Cary Joji Fukunaga. It’s kind of surprising and then it’s not once you think about it. Fukunaga is known for stylish violence (see also: True Detective, Beasts of No Nation), but he can also do sexy modernist takes on classic British stories (see also: Jane Eyre). So he’s kind of in the sweet spot for Bond—stylish, sexy, good with action. He makes more sense than Danny Boyle did.

And he will get some time to work it out as, defying industry logic, EON Productions actually did move the release date back to 2020. For a while, studios wouldn’t dream of missing announced release dates, but after a slew of movies failed because they were obviously rushed to meet a release date, it seems executives are inching back around to the idea that it’s better to miss a date and make a good movie than rush and make a bad one (ahem, DC Films). So this is a positive development for what will be Daniel Craig’s last go-round in the Bond saddle. He’s got a good new director, a little time to make it work, and then he can exit on, hopefully, a high note. And then we get to play the next round in the never-ending nightmare roulette of Who Will Play James Bond. That’ll be just so much…fun."
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Finally they have a director. Let's see how long. In "It" he also dropped out prematurely.

The only thing annoying is the strange start date for the movie. 02/14/2020.
Do they want to approach a 5 year rhythm now?
Sorry, if I write that way. But in the Craig era, fans had to wait more when films were released with Daniel.
I remember a statement from Babs after Daniel was introduced as the new James Bond:
"Finally we have a young actor and we can make a lot of films with him ..."

And if it should be nothing with Bond 25. James Bond has a job at Frankfurt Airport. He reminds travelers to pay attention to their luggage. A responsible task.

"Please keep your luggage unattended."