Marat/Sade 1989

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Marat/Sade 1989

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW - how cool is that? 21 year old Danny boy :thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Holy Hell! :shock:

Where did you find that!

Thanks!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:Holy Hell! :shock:

Where did you find that!

Thanks!
Kevin Fitz-Simons, the NYT lighting engineer, who worked on production such as Murder at the Cathedral and Marat/Sade, sadly passed away a few months ago. There's an article on him on the NYT site along with this pic. :)
purple

Post by purple »

Marat, huh? He must have been wonderful! I so wish there was a way to watch his plays: he is simply stunning and magnetic on stage. I wish I could watch A number at least :(
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

purple wrote:Marat, huh? He must have been wonderful! I so wish there was a way to watch his plays: he is simply stunning and magnetic on stage. I wish I could watch A number at least :(
I'd love to see him on stage, but unless he decides to perform in London, it's very unlikely to happen. :wink:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I was watching an interview with Alan Cumming and Michele Williams about the reboot of Cabaret on Broadway the other day. During the interview Alan mentioned watching his performance from 15 or so years ago. What?

This is where the video is stored. Along with many other performances. Or so I was led to believe.

http://www.nypl.org/locations/lpa

The New York Public Library has an outlet at Lincoln Center, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center.

One never knows what could be found in the archive.
Crazy!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:I was watching an interview with Alan Cumming and Michele Williams about the reboot of Cabaret on Broadway the other day. During the interview Alan mentioned watching his performance from 15 or so years ago. What?

This is where the video is stored. Along with many other performances. Or so I was led to believe.

http://www.nypl.org/locations/lpa

The New York Public Library has an outlet at Lincoln Center, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center.

One never knows what could be found in the archive.
That's right, Betrayal was recorded for this purpose and A Steady Rain also.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Love the pic. What a pout!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
purple wrote:Marat, huh? He must have been wonderful! I so wish there was a way to watch his plays: he is simply stunning and magnetic on stage. I wish I could watch A number at least :(
I'd love to see him on stage, but unless he decides to perform in London, it's very unlikely to happen. :wink:
:stick_iagree: ... sadly...

But THANKS for the PIC! Another great find!!! You're on a roll this weekend SG.... :) :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
:stick_iagree: ... sadly...

But THANKS for the PIC! Another great find!!! You're on a roll this weekend SG.... :) :wink:
Thanks Kitten, I have my uses. :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

great find thanks so much SG and dunda
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:Holy Hell! :shock:

Where did you find that!

Thanks!
My immediate thought, too! SG, you should consider going into the MI6, CIA or something similar. I bet you could dig up anything if you put your mind to it. Amazing!! Wow, what a hottie in the second one. My eyes went right to him. The treasure trail and calves are dead give-always. He was probably dating Ella's mother then. Regarding the play, it looks like the type I would just hate. But if I saw a poster or ad with that blonde, fit hottie in the center, I might have up just bought a ticket. Where's the a/c?? It's getting hot in here.
Last edited by sf2la on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:This is slightly better quality than the one I had originally of
Daniel in his NYT days. Wish I knew what play it was from.