Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

She was obviously cast to star along side Dan, but this article indicates that the movie is still on with DC......considering she is promoting her new film, I would have thought that the interview was quite recent.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw on her role in period drama Belle

The project after that didn’t require singing or dancing, but it did give Mbatha-Raw the chance to star alongside Daniel Craig. She rolls her eyes and grins when she says the Bond actor’s name. “It’s a legal drama called The Whole Truth. I’m playing a junior defence lawyer so again, very different.”

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/film/ ... -1-3436733
Alina

Post by Alina »

http://www.updatenewsworld.com/keanu-re ... raig-exit/
EXCLUSIVE: After star Daniel Craig unexpectedly dropped out of the project just days before filming was set to begin, Courtney Hunt’s courtroom drama The Whole Truth has reset with Keanu Reeves in the lead, sources close to the project tell me. Reeves will now play the role of a defense attorney who fights to get his teenage client acquitted of murdering his wealthy father. Previously cast Renee Zellweger, Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Belle), and Gabriel Basso (Super 8, Kings of Summer) are still in place opposite Reeves in what will mark Hunt’s follow-up to her Oscar-nominated debut Frozen River, directing from a script by Nicholas Kazan.
Interesting...

EDIT:
Spike Gold ‏@Spike_Gold 1 min.
@wgtc_site For a second I thought Keanu Reeves is replacing Daniel Craig as James Bond. That would have been a crazy headline.
:lol:

Charles Trotter ‏@charlestrotter 2 min.
Talk about a downgrade: Keanu Reeves has replaced Daniel Craig in the courtroom drama THE WHOLE TRUTH. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119527 … #film #movies
Last edited by Alina on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It took them a while to get a replacement. Doesn't bode well for the script, but who knows. Maybe he gets an Oscar out of it :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:It took them a while to get a replacement. Doesn't bode well for the script, but who knows. Maybe he gets an Oscar out of it :lol:
I actually thought they did it relatively quickly. :)
Who knows? Maybe.... ;)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If its a great script, they should stand in line for it IMO. Obviously they didn't, so...but who knows? :dunno:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:If its a great script, they should stand in line for it IMO. Obviously they didn't, so...but who knows? :dunno:
We suspect that Daniel quit because of some script problems and he didn't want another Dream House experience, so back then the script may have been unfinished or simply poor. Now it's been two months since then, perhaps they took this time to work on the script while they were looking for a replacement. I don't know. If I were a producer and the main star quit on me, I'd try to fix the problem, so maybe they did too. Who knows?
I'd say 2 months is a relatively short period of time if you are to improve the script, find a well-known star and agree all the contract details.

But we don't even know if this info is certain and confirmed.
:dunno:
I posted it as there were lots of tweets about it, but they were all quoting the same source - the message spread "virally" from one user to another.

Today there are more tweets quoting some other sources.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Once deadline has posted it, its confirmed.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

If you would have asked me last week who I thought was the worst actor alive, I would have said 'Keanu Reeves.' I think he is so wooden and except for his looks, I can't believe he made it past his first movie. It will be hard for me to watch the movie because it's hard for me to watch his performances.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Then skip it :wink: I will. Without Daniel it holds no interest for me. I haven't watched TMM either.

Reg. Keanu - its ages I have seen him in anything, so can't really say.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

sf2la wrote:If you would have asked me last week who I thought was the worst actor alive, I would have said 'Keanu Reeves.' I think he is so wooden and except for his looks, I can't believe he made it past his first movie. It will be hard for me to watch the movie because it's hard for me to watch his performances.
:stick_iagree:

I thought "47 Ronin" would have been a great movie were it not for Keanu Reeves.... He couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. Why don't people see that there is no-one quite like Daniel???? I guess some do but they can't always 'get him'....... :roll: :wink:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I really love KR's Neo in the Matrix trilogy.

I found him very very cute in one of my all time favourites "Something's Gotta Give"

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Alina

Post by Alina »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:
sf2la wrote:If you would have asked me last week who I thought was the worst actor alive, I would have said 'Keanu Reeves.' I think he is so wooden and except for his looks, I can't believe he made it past his first movie. It will be hard for me to watch the movie because it's hard for me to watch his performances.
:stick_iagree:

I thought "47 Ronin" would have been a great movie were it not for Keanu Reeves.... He couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. Why don't people see that there is no-one quite like Daniel???? I guess some do but they can't always 'get him'....... :roll: :wink:
I haven't seen too many movies with him, but I know he got quite a few golden razzie nominations (7, I think), but never won one, right? So maybe he's not that terible after all? :)

I liked him in Martix, Dracula, My Own Private Idaho, Something's Gotta Give and he looked smashing in Point Break :) He's still rather good looking, I must say.

I didn't see 47 Ronin.
Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

Germangirl wrote:If its a great script, they should stand in line for it IMO. Obviously they didn't, so...but who knows? :dunno:
But number one in line was Daniel. Why did he sign on to it if the script was so inadequate? He always says that the script has to be pretty much set before he would even consider agreeing to a project.

It's interesting that they moved the location from Boston to New Orleans. So from Boston accent to the slower drawling southern accent. I know I wouldn't ever want to see Daniel with a southern accent! But it probably helps Keanu. And I like Keanu. I loved Speed and thought he was sweet in Somethings Gotta Give. But he can be pretty wooden.
Wag More, Bark Less

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Northcoast wrote:[But number one in line was Daniel. Why did he sign on to it if the script was so inadequate? He always says that the script has to be pretty much set before he would even consider agreeing to a project.
Yes, true. even though there is still a BUT for me...

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Jim Belushi Joins Courtney Hunt's The Whole Truth

Read more: Jim Belushi Joins Courtney Hunt's The Whole Truth - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z37650OYij
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook