Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Are the characters in the play drinkers? Would explain all the bottles and the glass if they need them as props
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I guess, the coffee mugs are for real life and the rest is for the play.

I am still amazed, they are already at it. I mean October :D OR they are planning a bigger holiday in between or Rachel does that film and cannot rehearse.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Eek - October isn't far away, GG. They have A LOT at stake here. And a lot of lines to memorize and speak them without acting like they're memorized.

I read Betrayal is a story told backwards.

He sure looks different (so what else is new? He always looks different.). Not movie star handsome, not anything like Bond in any way, but thats perfectly okay with me. Mr. Hottie will return. He always does. I think we're at the point where his level of physical perfection comes and goes, but of course it wont return to what it was for CR. YET, we don't care. I know I don't. I may bash him just because we're critiquing him, but he's still smoldering hot, and we like the man under the skin. He has so many interesting looks, and this is one of them.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

The Daily Mail has an item about a 3-week workshop for 'Betrayal'. Full rehearsals will begin in August.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... trois.html

Rachel Weisz, her husband Daniel Craig and fellow actor Rafe Spall formed a theatrical ménage a trois when they spent three weeks studying every word, comma, full stop — and pause — in the text of Betrayal, Harold Pinter’s classic play about adultery.
The trio of thespians were at a workshop, under the tutelage of stage and screen director Mike Nichols, who will begin full rehearsals of Betrayal in August.
As this page first told you, the play, produced by Scott Rudin, will start previews at the Barrymore Theatre in New York on October 1 for a 14-week run.
The official opening night is on October 27 and tickets go on sale on Monday. It’s expected to be one of the Broadway theatre season’s biggest hits.
Rachel and Daniel will play fictional married couple Emma and Robert. Emma has had a long-term affair with Robert’s best friend Jerry (Spall). Pinter’s 1978 piece uses reverse chronology, which adds acidity to the layers of deception.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Having fun those three! :D

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I like the look she's giving him :blowkiss:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

It's great seeing these pics. I only wish New York was do-able, i would love to see them on stage together. They might as well be on the moon for all the chance I've got of seeing it :cry:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Eek - October isn't far away, GG. They have A LOT at stake here. And a lot of lines to memorize and speak them without acting like they're memorized.

I read Betrayal is a story told backwards.

He sure looks different (so what else is new? He always looks different.). Not movie star handsome, not anything like Bond in any way, but thats perfectly okay with me. Mr. Hottie will return. He always does. I think we're at the point where his level of physical perfection comes and goes, but of course it wont return to what it was for CR. YET, we don't care. I know I don't. I may bash him just because we're critiquing him, but he's still smoldering hot, and we like the man under the skin. He has so many interesting looks, and this is one of them.
Must say, apart from the hair combed into his front, he is his usual cardi self and he looks well build to me. No, not movie star handsome but, lets say, Daniel Craig handsome. Like its been said in the other article about the visit to the Shakespeare company. You don't recognize Bond in him right away, when he is his understated self. But can't say, I am NOT attracted to this look.
But agree and like what you said about liking him for what he is and not only for what he looks like. :D

All in all I am happy, that these two seemed to be continuously in love after all these weeks spend together. The most important thing.

Lets see, if Rafe falls in love with him like Hugh did. I am looking forward to the first interviews.

Three weeks rehearsals now and then again in Augus. So maybe they finally have a real vacation.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

My God - I don't think I could ever do this with Mr Bee - live with him, work with him, be with another man in front of him (don't they)? I'd go nuts! Gotta hand it to them.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, its a bit easier for people like them because their life in general is different then ours. Its like an extended holiday for them probably and even though they also have a boring routine, I am sure, their life is more interesting then that of many of the "normal" folks.
They can just go out and DO stuff, whenever they feel like it at the moment and return home doing nothing, when they feel like it.

Still, as I said, I am relieved, they seem to survive the being together 24/7 test.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:Having fun those three! :D
Yes. Nice that we could have a glimpse at what they are like while working.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its typical Daniel, that he chose someone taller then him.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Its typical Daniel, that he chose someone taller then him.
Rafe is a good 2 inches taller than Daniel.
He used to be quite big. He's lost a lot of weight over the last few years.