Skyfall Awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Skyfall Awards

Post by Germangirl »

Its obvious, there will be some :mrgreen: So, lets celebrate it with a thread.

From my friend Sandy over at MI6
Just saw something on TV but don't really know in which thread to put it but CNN places Skyfall as a top Oscar contender!

Oh really? For best picture?

Yes, particularly best picture! But then they placed it as top contender in general.

I will make a list with all the awards its gonna be up to, never mind, if it wins or not.

1) Oscar 10 list for visual effects
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

THR has SF in some categories
but as a lock only in sound

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/l ... rty-392127
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If you look at the rating, its extremely unsatisfying, that films, who are below it, get Oscar buzz. Only Argo tops SF.

90% Killing Them Softly 30/11
86% The Collection 30/11
69% Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning 30/11
More…
Top Box Office
46% The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 $43.6M
92% Skyfall $35.5M
91% Lincoln $25.7M
76% Rise of the Guardians $23.8M
87% Life of Pi $22.5M
86% Wreck-it Ralph $16.6M
11% Red Dawn $14.3M
77% Flight $8.5M
90% Silver Linings Playbook $4.4M
95% Argo

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

well at metacritic SF is at 81% so different ratings - different scores

SF is a Bond film & a blockbuster so naturally it will ruin its chances in most of the 'serious' awards
still lots of chances at Baftas, Satellites, some tech guilds & Saturns

soon the critix circles will give out awards so we'll get a better outlook at its chances
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:well at metacritic SF is at 81% so different ratings - different scores

SF is a Bond film & a blockbuster so naturally it will ruin its chances in most of the 'serious' awards
still lots of chances at Baftas, Satellites, some tech guilds & Saturns

soon the critix circles will give out awards so we'll get a better outlook at its chances
Lincoln and Argo are a bit better there with 86% but still other contenders have less. But you right, it will get its fair share.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

On the short list for visual effects. I doubt, it will be in the top 5, but its nice to see it tere.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/oscars- ... sts-named/

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

^same
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

2 noms from the International Online Film Critics Poll

Best Production Design

Rick Carter – Lincoln
Nathan Crowley, Kevin Kavanaugh – The Dark Knight Rises
Maria Djurkovic – Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
David Crank, Jack Fish – The Master
Dennis Gassner – Skyfall
Best Visual Effects

The Avengers
Black Swan
The Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall
The Tree of Life
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/12/i ... -poll.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I can't help but smile at the thought of Mr. Pitt tanking big time, because it just shows, there is no such thing as a BO garant anymore. Had C&A been a good film, it would have been a success, but like with films from people like Pitt or Clooney etc, if the film is not to peoples liking, they are not going to spend any money on it.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:I can't help but smile at the thought of Mr. Pitt tanking big time, because it just shows, there is no such thing as a BO garant anymore. Had C&A been a good film, it would have been a success, but like with films from people like Pitt or Clooney etc, if the film is not to peoples liking, they are not going to spend any money on it.
I agree about the BO guarantee not being there just because we have a big name attached to it.
But to be fair here Killing them softly has a budget of about $18 Mil only.
So it should be fine financially. It is certified fresh at RT as well.
Even if it makes 40 - 50 mil overall it should be considered a success.

EDIT - Just read the Deadline article, they sound pretty dismal about this movie but Boxofficemojo says otherwise, so who knows :dunno:
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

I would watch Killing Them Softly because of Ray Liotta. After a few plastic surgery accidents in the past it seems like he is back to old hotness. But I don't have the money and time at the moment.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Maybelline wrote:I would watch Killing Them Softly because of Ray Liotta. After a few plastic surgery accidents in the past it seems like he is back to old hotness. But I don't have the money and time at the moment.
I fell for him in watching Dominick and Eugene back in 88/89.
One of the very few movies with 100% at RT :lol:, shame only 67% of the audience liked it.

But couldn't make it through is late movies because I could stand what he had done to his face.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I am going to see Kinning them softly, I love James Gandlifini and Ray Liotta. Brad Pitt is not that bad. From what I see in the trailers it looks pretty good.