Heineken ad

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Actually, i am fine with it as long as it doesn't show in an abvious way. If you just say "Oh, he/she looks good" , they did it right, at least. But I HATE botox on lips. It ALWAYS shows and not in a good way. How they can look into the mirror and still go on with it, is :shock: :?:
Hey GG, just for the record, Botox paralyzes your muscles. It prevents one from frowning, for example. It would prevent one from getting the type of crease that Daniel has in his forehead. Juvederm or Restalyne are fillers. They are used to plump up someone's lips or fill in creases like Daniel's or fill in crow's feet. I live in CA - we know these things - LOL.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

sf2la wrote:I know what you're saying, JES, and I don't completely disagree. My gripe is with how the world and especially Hollywood trash women and not men. I awoke this morning in NYC and turned on TV to a national show, Good Morning America, on ABC. After a few minutes they cut to local weather and traffic. I was flabbergasted by what I saw.

There is NO WAY a woman his age OR a woman his weight would EVER, EVER land a job like this, a TV traffic reporter, in NYC. Maybe in some middle of the country cow town (actually, no), but not a major metropolitan area. Certainly not NYC. There is such a double standard. Madonna gets bashed right and left for continuing to tour the way she wants to, but men can be approaching 70 and are still rock gods.

Look at the topography of Rachel and Daniel's skin. OMG. Rachel's is like plains made of silk; Daniel is like the Grand Canyon. But they both define what is attractive for their sexes. It IS really sad that very few women can age gracefully on screen. Quickly, I can think of Meryl Streep, but we really don't know if/what minor tweaks she's had done. Rachel is blessed with good genes. She speaks like she has the self confidence to accept the aging process, albeit very slow for her, in the decades to come, but she hasn't ruled out minor work in the future. I would also like to believe that Daniel will always accept her regardless of any physical changes. From what we've read about him, I can't imagine him not.

I hope we (I) don't come across as being mean when we (I) critique someone. I think it's fun to discuss someone's dress, etc. And Daniel has his good days and bad days, just like everyone else. Actually, I've yet to see a bad day for Rachel. THAT I want to see.
But his looks doesn'tt detract from his job, and the reason I say this is because even from the moment a woman conceives, when we find out it's a girl isn't our first thought/reaction aah, she'll be pretty and we can dress her up it's not aah she'll be brainy and a high achiever. If we replaced the man with a fat woman the reaction would be WTF. :!: Attitudes and behaviour from all of us need to change because most of us are guilty of judging and putting beauty before brains when it comes to baby girls right up to adulthood. Us women spend a lot of time an energy trying to look beautiful, there will be some on here who won't even leave their house to run errands before they've slapped it all on first :lol:
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Just seen the advert on TV.

It looks fine and on TV, I think there is just enough Daniel. It seems to move along at a quicker pace when watching on TV without the luxury of a mouse to pause the action!

That (literally) second of shot at the end when he turns around, he does look a little odd, but it's obvious (at least to me) seeing it on a bigger screen that it is the camera angle which makes his face look different. As soon as the angle changes to where he hands the young man the drink, it's all okay.

It's over very quickly and I wonder how many outside of this place, where we are familiar with every pore of his skin and nuance of his face, will notice that split-second of a not-quite-so-flattering camera angle.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, it looks odd, because he has his mouth open in that way he does at times. This scene is cut a bit off IMO. They shold have left it in one movement.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Actually, i am fine with it as long as it doesn't show in an abvious way. If you just say "Oh, he/she looks good" , they did it right, at least. But I HATE botox on lips. It ALWAYS shows and not in a good way. How they can look into the mirror and still go on with it, is :shock: :?:
Hey GG, just for the record, Botox paralyzes your muscles. It prevents one from frowning, for example. It would prevent one from getting the type of crease that Daniel has in his forehead. Juvederm or Restalyne are fillers. They are used to plump up someone's lips or fill in creases like Daniel's or fill in crow's feet. I live in CA - we know these things - LOL.
True, Botox is not for the lips. But whatever they use for that - its terrible. ALWAYS.

Jes - its true also, that we have become a generation of often shallow people. But I believe, its a slow process to turn this around again and those in the limelight have to accept CERTAIN rules IMO. Problem is - too many and too many young ones overdo it or might even be forced to have botox etc when not even 30.- This is ridiculous and here is, where it should start. I am not against getting rid of eye bags or such things, if you still look like yourself afterwards. if people look lke they have had a real good vacation, its all good. You just have to accept, that you can only do so much. Any more will hurt your looks and people turn towards ridiculous.

Just my two...I haven't done anything, but in Germany its still not THAT common. But I know of 1 or 2 things I would like to do, if I have some Euro for it. Like someone said - aging is not for the faint hearted :lol: But if we don't wanna die young, we need to deal with it. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Once upon a time I thought this woman looks gorgeous.

Sadly those times are gone and it's not the age :wink:

Now she looks like a caricature :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think of all the stars that have had work done, Nicole's perturbs me the most. It's distracting and all so unnecessary. Why girl? We all loved you the way you were with your crooked smile, original teeth and moving face! The plumped lips, botox-freeze, and other implants are a killer.

She also greyed young, which makes her red hair harder to sustain, which is why she goes for the lighter look these days.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, in that Mountain film with Jude I actually thought, how gorgeous she would like as an old woman. She had it all and destroyed it. What a shame.
Last edited by Germangirl on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I agree. I rather like Nicole, both what I've read of her as a woman (most of it anyway) and also as an actress.

She was such a stunning looking woman, there was no need for her to do mutilate herself, she has the fabulous bone structure needed to grow old beautifully. :(

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Meg Ryan is another scary, sad example.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:Meg Ryan is another scary, sad example.
....and Melanie Griffith. She is almost unrecognisable.

So damn sad the pressure that forces them into this or into semi-retirement because they are no longer "flawless". :(
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Meg Ryan is another scary, sad example.
....and Melanie Griffith. She is almost unrecognisable.

So damn sad the pressure that forces them into this or into semi-retirement because they are no longer "flawless". :(
It's a no win situation. The plastic works against them, they become objects of ridicule - it's either that or have the Daily Mail pick apart your crow's feet and saggy tits. It seems to me a huge risk to take, and oddly addictive. Once you start it seems few know when to stop.

And then you look at others who don't do it (that I'm aware) - Julianne Moore, Diane Lane, Emma Thompson, Diane Keeton, Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren...love them all and even more so because they conform to nature not the knife - and still get great roles.

What were Nicole and Meg thinking? They had nothing bad to fix in the first place!
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

But the big difference between Kidman and Griffith/Ryan is that Kindman could have survive in Hollywood because of her acting skills. I think IF an actress has only her look plastic surgery is inevitable at some point of the career.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe those, who are not visibly done are stronger all together and have more of a "I don*t give a damn" attitude. I don't know.

I believe, in the show biz its so normal, that it comes natural to them that at this age, you have to start doing this and so on. They don't seem to think about it anymore. Its like going to the hairdresser.

Who knows, what someone like Rachel will do once age catches up. So far she is lucky, but letting age catch up with you ain't no fun and if you are in the position to do whatever it takes, you might just go for it...and like its said - can't stop anymore.

Of course, here Jes is right, that its the general public, who seems to go hand in hand in what the mags etc tell you. This is pretty and this is not. This is acceptable, this is not.

khenton

Post by khenton »

Add to the list those who age with class--Vanessa Redgrave IMO. Might not care for her politics but Crikey she was a stunner when young and she hasn't stopped being opinionated or acting yet. :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."