Orbis Through Their Eyes

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I watched it too. He was charming and sincere. There may be more in the series but I think this is the only episode featuring Daniel.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I think that Sky has copyright protection in place to stop people from copying protected content. My TV is connected to a Sky+ HD box and a DVD player. I don't have a DVD recorder. Perhaps someone could offer advice. At least I can store 'Through their Eyes' on the hard drive of the Sky box for a while. I just hope that no one in the family deletes it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:I think that Sky has copyright protection in place to stop people from copying protected content. My TV is connected to a Sky+ HD box and a DVD player. I don't have a DVD recorder. Perhaps someone could offer advice. At least I can store 'Through their Eyes' on the hard drive of the Sky box for a while. I just hope that no one in the family deletes it.
Ah well - at least you can watch it again :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Damned pay TV! :evil:
Just checked all my program lists. The french, german and english National Geographic Channels are locked. :evil:
I´m able to record this with my maschine. Only free TV.

cassandra got the file in her Sky box. She can only watch it. No chance to grab it from this hard drive. These files contains COPYRIGHT PROTECTION! F***! :evil:

Question: Can you give me the original Title of this doku? Need it for searching engines.
The film is an Orbis and Omega film production entitled 'Through their Eyes', narrated by Daniel Craig.

I would need something like a Dazzle Video Creator connected to a PC to try to copy content from the Sky+ box into MPEG or DivX format. I don't think that I can justify investing in the video creator, and my PC may not have the minimum system requirements. Also, I have no technical skills!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:
Just checked all my program lists. The french, german and english National Geographic Channels are locked. :evil:

cassandra got the file in her Sky box. She can only watch it. No chance to grab it from this hard drive. These files contains COPYRIGHT PROTECTION! F***! :evil:

Question: Can you give me the original Title of this doku? Need it for searching engines.
The film is an Orbis and Omega film production entitled 'Through their Eyes', narrated by Daniel Craig.

I would need something like a Dazzle Video Creator connected to a PC to try to copy content from the Sky+ box into MPEG or DivX format. I don't think that I can justify investing in the video creator, and my PC may not have the minimum system requirements. Also, I have no technical skills!
From what you wrote here, you do know A LOT :lol: No, don't bother, there is a limit to things, I agree.
Lets hope, it will pop up somewhere. I am glad, its finally making the rounds.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:
cassandra wrote:

From what you wrote here, you do know A LOT :lol: No, don't bother, there is a limit to things, I agree.
Lets hope, it will pop up somewhere. I am glad, its finally making the rounds.
I hope many of you on the forum get the chance to see the documentary soon. The Orbis team arrived in Mongolia on 19 June 2011 and Daniel must have joined them shortly afterwards, following his wedding. I think it shows Daniel as he is in 'real life', and he comes across as a charming, kind and unassuming man. The film is interesting and the Orbis team, the Mongolian medical staff and their patients are inspirational.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

My thoughts are that they will want as wide an audience as possible to promote the work they do and so it is bound to end up in the public domain on somewhere like youtube eventually.

Nat Geo have it exclusively for now probably because they paid a premium to the charity to get it and knowing that "James Bond" being in it will guarantee bringing some viewers to the channel who might not normally watch it.

It will come to us - as all things Daniel do eventually. We just got to be a little patient folks. :comfort:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote: I hope many of you on the forum get the chance to see the documentary soon. The Orbis team arrived in Mongolia on 19 June 2011 and Daniel must have joined them shortly afterwards, following his wedding. I think it shows Daniel as he is in 'real life', and he comes across as a charming, kind and unassuming man. The film is interesting and the Orbis team, the Mongolian medical staff and their patients are inspirational.
Yes, I guess it will be published furthrmore - that's what they did it for. Thanks for your little roundup :D

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
cassandra wrote: I hope many of you on the forum get the chance to see the documentary soon. The Orbis team arrived in Mongolia on 19 June 2011 and Daniel must have joined them shortly afterwards, following his wedding. I think it shows Daniel as he is in 'real life', and he comes across as a charming, kind and unassuming man. The film is interesting and the Orbis team, the Mongolian medical staff and their patients are inspirational.
Yes, I guess it will be published furthrmore - that's what they did it for. Thanks for your little roundup :D
Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch it again tomorrow this time without any interruptions.
He seemed very sincere, charming and friendly. Like Cassandra said, unassuming. He seemed very likeable. He's very cute when he giggles.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I hope I can get to see this in full at some point too. The internet clips I viewed yesterday gave me a glimpse of the "real" Daniel and boy, he's even cuter and more amazing when his guard is down and he's not just playing out at being The Movie Star. Also, I hate to state the obvious and I know this is more about the sight impaired children of Mongolia, but when Daniel does things like this it just makes me love him even more!!! :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Swatch Group CEO Nick Hayek discusses OMEGA's partnership with ORBIS International

He discusses how Daniel got involved...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amesHJpX6P4
caramel

Post by caramel »

Can't wait to see him like that; where he is not acting/promoting movies and is most probably just being himself. I hope we get to see this soon.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

caramel wrote:
Can't wait to see him like that; where he is not acting/promoting movies and is most probably just being himself. I hope we get to see this soon.
The documentary will be availabe on Omega's website in April. Not too long to wait. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:thumbup: