Bond 23 Press Conference

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tampa wrote: Thank you sf for your post. I was thinking maybe I'm being off base, but I just felt the pictures were terrible. The press conf. was important and EON has endless resources to make sure that everyone, and most important THE man, look their best. And they DID for the early picture ops for the last two films. It was just such a sloppy visual effort on so many counts. Babs and Wilson looked great. How about making sure your star does too.

The live pc may be nice, but that is not what will appear in zillions of news and net articles. These pictures make DC look short standing next to these "Amazons" (perfect description sf) and old. This is the first big promotion effort for a $230 million BOND movie, not some small time indie effort. This comes just months after he was looking great and NOT short for the C&A premiers. EON just blew it. They better get some good pictures out of him looking fine, and soon.
I think the reason why Daniel was standing mostly next to NH and not BM is simply because of that fact, rather than any clues to the plot.

He is the same height as NH in her heels, but if he had been standing consistently next to BM all the time, he really would have looked even shorter.

Looking at the whole group shot gives a more accurate picture I feel. Bardem and BM are on the far left and are half-a-head taller than everyone. Daniel is slightly taller than Sam and MW, Babs and NH are the same height-ish, and of course, no-one is ever smaller than tiny Dame Judi.

I think the group shots gives a better indication and Daniel does not come off so bad on the height stakes in those. His height has always been an issue, but really.......he is the average height of an English male of his generation, 5' 10"/5' 11" is round about the common norm for a lad born here in the 60s.

I also think only two people looked really stylish and that was Babs and Berenice. I like Daniel's suit, shirt, shoes, scruff, and the hair doesn't bother me......but that tie is awful and just draws attention away from the rest of him. The knot is so big and it's so shiney and "sticky-out" it seems to have a life of it's own! :lol:

I love Dame Judi, but those harem-cuffed pants (or deep cuffed hems - they look different from shot-to-shot) were rediculous on a woman her size and age, just making her look like she has no legs. NH, those shoes made her look trashy and uncomfortable, and they distracted from the superb tailoring of the VB dress she was wearing.

She could have looked sooooo classy had she picked shoes to complement the dress. I love BM's dress but not keen on the shoes. Too shiney. Something a little more delicate would have really made that dress and her classic figure sing.

I think his main "sex interest" in the film will be Severine and not Eve. Is it an accident that she is dark-haired and sultry like Vesper? Maybe developing Bond's taste in women? :dunno:

Just my 2cents. :wink:
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

What are the wireimage videos about? Are they interviews?
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Even my friend from work saw clips of the conference on the news and told me she thought Daniel looked "fine" in the lustful meaning of the word! :twisted: Is there a woman alive on this planet who doesn't think Daniel is hot? (Unless they're 'the other way inclined' of course! :wink: )
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vanquish wrote:What are the wireimage videos about? Are they interviews?
They are from the Press Conference.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Maybe it'll work later?Sometimes due to heavy traffic of the page,it stops working properly. :?
tornusunder

Post by tornusunder »

According to celeb.heights Judy was 5ft 1 1/2 in her prime, I would say if she is in her 70's she may have lost a good inch and now looks nearer 5ft. 25% of British women are 5ft 2 and under so its not that rare to see a woman as short as Judy its just that the Bond girls always seem to be pretty tall.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tornusunder wrote:According to celeb.heights Judy was 5ft 1 1/2 in her prime, I would say if she is in her 70's she may have lost a good inch and now looks nearer 5ft. 25% of British women are 5ft 2 and under so its not that rare to see a woman as short as Judy its just that the Bond girls always seem to be pretty tall.
Really? :shock:

I'm 5' 3" (and British) and most women seem to tower over me. :dunno:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Only one day and I have lost track :lol: :lol:

do we have this? short interview with Judy, Daniel, Naomie, Berenice and Javier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skC6Ju-zKzs

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

JEC57 wrote:
tornusunder wrote:According to celeb.heights Judy was 5ft 1 1/2 in her prime, I would say if she is in her 70's she may have lost a good inch and now looks nearer 5ft. 25% of British women are 5ft 2 and under so its not that rare to see a woman as short as Judy its just that the Bond girls always seem to be pretty tall.

Same here...I would say that most of my friends around my age range from about my height to about 5'7", however a lot of teens and girls in their twenties seem to be appear taller appear a lot taller than me. :wink:
tornusunder

Post by tornusunder »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:

Same here...I would say that most of my friends around my age range from about my height to about 5'7", however a lot of teens and girls in their twenties seem to be appear taller appear a lot taller than me. :wink:
Well the average British height is 5ft 4.5 for under 30's it drops to about 5ft 3.5 for over 30's. I'm 4ft 11 so 98% of women are taller than me :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tampa

Post by tampa »

JEC57 wrote:
tampa wrote: Thank you sf for your post. I was thinking maybe I'm being off base, but I just felt the pictures were terrible. The press conf. was important and EON has endless resources to make sure that everyone, and most important THE man, look their best. And they DID for the early picture ops for the last two films. It was just such a sloppy visual effort on so many counts. Babs and Wilson looked great. How about making sure your star does too.

The live pc may be nice, but that is not what will appear in zillions of news and net articles. These pictures make DC look short standing next to these "Amazons" (perfect description sf) and old. This is the first big promotion effort for a $230 million BOND movie, not some small time indie effort. This comes just months after he was looking great and NOT short for the C&A premiers. EON just blew it. They better get some good pictures out of him looking fine, and soon.
I think the reason why Daniel was standing mostly next to NH and not BM is simply because of that fact, rather than any clues to the plot.

He is the same height as NH in her heels, but if he had been standing consistently next to BM all the time, he really would have looked even shorter.

Looking at the whole group shot gives a more accurate picture I feel. Bardem and BM are on the far left and are half-a-head taller than everyone. Daniel is slightly taller than Sam and MW, Babs and NH are the same height-ish, and of course, no-one is ever smaller than tiny Dame Judi.

I think the group shots gives a better indication and Daniel does not come off so bad on the height stakes in those. His height has always been an issue, but really.......he is the average height of an English male of his generation, 5' 10"/5' 11" is round about the common norm for a lad born here in the 60s.

I also think only two people looked really stylish and that was Babs and Berenice. I like Daniel's suit, shirt, shoes, scruff, and the hair doesn't bother me......but that tie is awful and just draws attention away from the rest of him. The knot is so big and it's so shiney and "sticky-out" it seems to have a life of it's own! :lol:

I love Dame Judi, but those harem-cuffed pants (or deep cuffed hems - they look different from shot-to-shot) were rediculous on a woman her size and age, just making her look like she has no legs. NH, those shoes made her look trashy and uncomfortable, and they distracted from the superb tailoring of the VB dress she was wearing.

She could have looked sooooo classy had she picked shoes to complement the dress. I love BM's dress but not keen on the shoes. Too shiney. Something a little more delicate would have really made that dress and her classic figure sing.

I think his main "sex interest" in the film will be Severine and not Eve. Is it an accident that she is dark-haired and sultry like Vesper? Maybe developing Bond's taste in women? :dunno:

Just my 2cents. :wink:
I agree with your points above. I had a bad week and let it get to me on everything and got too negative on what are just pictures. I think you and GG are right, his current face and clothes are for the plot, and they will let him get back to his usual handsome self fast enough in the film. I've actually gotten use to the stubble in the Tattoo pictures. He has the hair just right I think in that movie. I agree that BM is very striking. Bet DC had a hand in selecting her. He sure seems to go for dark haired girls. I just wish they had done a better job on her hair and makeup. I think they will put him on a little box when they shoot scenes together. Or put her in tennis shoes. :)