The Dry Spell

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks BB08.... God yes, we need some positive news PLEASE!! :)
Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

Really need some new video of Daniel. Would love to see him and Rachel together and how they interact. I just want a little glimpse into their relationship. And I really hope they are happy.

Here's an old QOS interview video that I came across. Boy, Daniel's pants seem to be pretty revealing at the very beginning. :wink: He seems to be moving around to adjust himself. LOL! But I also love his look, his giggle and how intelligent he comes across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5LHsJGYZJ4
Wag More, Bark Less

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Are we going into a post-filming dry spell? Interviews following the end of filming have been published. The next we see of the actors are the red carpet opening nights starting Oct. 23? No more photos except the odd sighting like the recent one in L.A.? I don't know if I'm going to survive!

Wonder what he was doing in L.A.? Meetings about his next project? Since he's in L.A., then it must be a movie. I hope it's a good role - Oscar worthy. He needs a good role. Defiance? Cowboys and Aliens? Not good enough.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:Are we going into a post-filming dry spell? Interviews following the end of filming have been published. The next we see of the actors are the red carpet opening nights starting Oct. 23? No more photos except the odd sighting like the recent one in L.A.? I don't know if I'm going to survive!

Wonder what he was doing in L.A.? Meetings about his next project? Since he's in L.A., then it must be a movie. I hope it's a good role - Oscar worthy. He needs a good role. Defiance? Cowboys and Aliens? Not good enough.
Hi Cornell, so good to see you still being with us.

I don't think, the dry spell is coming just yet. The PR drum will start rolling and we might get lots of unexpected stuff. Don't forget the TV shows he will likely do. Like it or not :twisted:

Me too, I was hoping his LA visit might have to do with some future project. Fingers crossed.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I won't be worried about any major dry spells for at least 6 months or so... The 'Spectre Junket' will start rolling in full force pretty soon. At the moment, it is coming in dribs and drabs but it IS coming. I expect Spectre to be in cinemas well into 2016 and then we will get the build up to the release of the blu ray... :D 8)

I also hope Daniel considers new projects soon to prevent us enduring a lengthy dry spell again. He shouldn't have to rush into anything after the intense and hard shoot for Spectre... but he looked pretty relaxed and buff in LA so maybe his rest is already fulfilled? :)

On the other hand, if we are talking about NEW PIX after the Spectre publicity blow-out, then we might see a Dry Spell for that.... He may also get 'papped' again... who knows? :dunno:

News about Daniel has always been a bit inconsistent. In other words, we won't always get something new every day. That is a shame. I can understand Cornell's post. I too just want him to be around 'always and forever'.... :D
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Talk about a Steve McQueen biopic has surfaced again. But so far, Jeremy Renner is not connected to it.

Didn't former wife Neile Adam say DC was her choice to play her ex-husband?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cornell01 wrote:Talk about a Steve McQueen biopic has surfaced again. But so far, Jeremy Renner is not connected to it.

Yes she did. That was quite some time ago now.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cornell01 wrote:Talk about a Steve McQueen biopic has surfaced again. But so far, Jeremy Renner is not connected to it.

It was Barbara McQueen Brunsvold http://www.askmen.com/celebs/entertainm ... -role.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

So it's settled. I'm rowing to pinewood and holding up a sign saying Craig for Mcqueen until they do it. :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wonder, if this project will EVER come to live. Haven't heard about it in ages.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

That Barbara McQueen Brunsvold quote is from 2007...

I don't think it will ever get made...

thanks to A

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

Probably because he is so busy with BOND maybe when he is no longer which then he will be 50+ and Mcqueen died at 50 so maybe it will work out.
CRAIGING FOR 12 LONG YEARS NOW

Daniel isn't social via Jamie Lee Curtis so I'm social for him.
Holler at the North-side Chester Wild boy. https://www.instagram.com/danielcraigsss/

YOUNG BLONDE BOND & THE DOUBLE O MOB TILL I DIE
cornell01

ue

Post by cornell01 »

Germangirl wrote:I wonder, if this project will EVER come to live. Haven't heard about it in ages.
March 2015 news in Deadline. Picked up by Variety in May 2015.
But, then, I think there are a lot of projects that are pitched and worked on, but never get filmed.

Some quotes below. No mention of DC, or Jeremy Renner (who apparently tried to get something off the ground in 2011). The book by Marshall Terrill sounds interesting. I never followed Steve McQueen, but I think DC would be a good dark, conflicted, complex Steve McQueen.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/steve-mcque ... 201392122/

The Exchange and Lake Forest have teamed to produce the biopic of the movie star which will be partly based on the 2010 biography Steve McQueen: The Life And Legend Of A Hollywood Icon, written by Marshall Terrill.

The Exchange’s Brian O’Shea and Jeff Bowler (head of acquisitions) will produce with Graham Kaye’s Lake Forest. The Exchange (Spectacular Now, Obvious Child) will also be handling foreign and domestic sales. McQueen marks Lake Forest’s first project. They will be hiring a screenwriter soon.

Lake Forest Entertainment LLC’s production executives Elliott Michael Smith, Jensen Kaye, Will Clevinger, and James Tuverson will all be working on McQueen. The company is a big help to many independent filmmakers, having previously acquired Dear White People, Under The Electric Sky and dropped out of selling the title Midnight Rider internationally after the tragedy. The Exchange’s O’Shea and Bowler negotiated the deal with former William Morris agent Kaye and Smith from Lake Forest.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He would deffo be able to capture him, as he has been down in zroubled waters himself enough, I believe.

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Germangirl wrote:He would deffo be able to capture him, as he has been down in zroubled waters himself enough, I believe.
And I think he likes to play those kinds of characters.