Oscars 2009

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:And Mrs. Bigelow as first female director. :thumbup:

She can do Action :wink:, maybe she become the first female Bond director in the future. :wink:
no i think sofia copplola won for lost in translation? :-k
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

"Oscar and Penelope, that's an Über Bingo!" :lol:

This guy is just great!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

No she was nominated but didn't win Bigelow is the first .
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Some people at work spitting bullets today over Avatar losing out to The Hurt Locker. :roll:

On the news here one presenter said that "for a change substance won out over style". Gotta second that. :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:Some people at work spitting bullets today over Avatar losing out to The Hurt Locker. :roll:

On the news here one presenter said that "for a change substance won out over style". Gotta second that. :D
Haven't seen The Hurt Locker. It isn't released here yet.

But I think Avatar was good, very good at that what it got the Oscars for.

So I have no problem with that. The story wasn't new, but the technique was amazing and the set was stunning and it got the Oscars in those categories. :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I agree , blockbusters shouldn't win just because they made money . The Hurt Locker was the first movie about the Iraq war that didn't take sides politically , left or right it just told the story of a guy who difuses bombs for a living . I'd like to see her try Bond sometime .
calypso

Post by calypso »

Another big question revolved around Farrah Fawcett's non-appearance in the "In Memoriam" tribute. The easy answer: There wasn't room. The academy limits the tribute to 30 names, and producers decided Fawcett primarily contributed to television. Of course, this doesn't explain why Michael Jackson was featured and not Fawcett. Leslie Unger, a spokesperson for the academy, explained, "Every year it's an unfortunate reality that we can't include everybody."

Ryan O'Neal, for one, was left disappointed. In an interview with RadarOnline, O'Neal stated, "It was a terrible decision and very hurtful. Farrah was a member of the Academy for over 40 years and we could not believe she did not get a mention."

:shock: i cannot beleive there was no room for farrah. :evil:
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:Another big question revolved around Farrah Fawcett's non-appearance in the "In Memoriam" tribute. The easy answer: There wasn't room. The academy limits the tribute to 30 names, and producers decided Fawcett primarily contributed to television. Of course, this doesn't explain why Michael Jackson was featured and not Fawcett. Leslie Unger, a spokesperson for the academy, explained, "Every year it's an unfortunate reality that we can't include everybody."

Ryan O'Neal, for one, was left disappointed. In an interview with RadarOnline, O'Neal stated, "It was a terrible decision and very hurtful. Farrah was a member of the Academy for over 40 years and we could not believe she did not get a mention."

:shock: i cannot beleive there was no room for farrah. :evil:
Me neither, especially given she had been an academy member for decades, which indicates that at some point they decided her contribution to film was note-worthy in some aspect.

Does anyone know if MJ was a member of the Academy btw?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I feel its ridiculous to have a 3 1/2 hour show and then state, there wasn´t enough time ...but like this, its as if she will be remembered in a different way even more...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

It was stupid , she made at least 17 movies and I think he only did The Wiz , yet they included a agent and a producer that may be known to people in the biz but the tv audiance never heard of . JT could have sung another verse ...I was angry the time the ignored Roy Scheider .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

They issued a statement today saying they basically considered her as a TV actress and not a movie actress. MJ's inclusion was explained away because of the recent theatrical release of the "This is It" movie.

Bollocks, I say.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... chief.html

Why we left Farrah Fawcett out, by Oscars chief :evil:

Farrah Fawcett was left out of the Oscar memorial tributes because she was better known as a TV star

Farrah Fawcett was left out of the Oscar memorial tributes because she was better known as a TV star, it was disclosed yesterday.

Bruce Davis, executive director of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, said the former Charlie's Angels beauty, who died of cancer last year at the age of 62, was bumped off the awards show because she wasn't considered to be a big-screen actress.

Actress Tatum O'Neal, the daughter of Fawcett's long-time partner Ryan O'Neal, blasted the move.

She said: 'We are deeply saddened that a truly beautiful and talented actress was not included.'

Mr Davis, who also left Golden Girls star Bea Arthur out of the montage, said he included Michael Jackson because the singer had 'recently appeared in a popular film'.

farrah appear in burning bed. :(
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

See Cal goes straight to the source while I attend to the quiche in the oven! :lol:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »