Tintin news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

Dunda wrote:
tampa wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Steven Spielberg - Steven Spielberg Writing Second Tintin Movie

Steven Spielberg is working on the script for a sequel to film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn'.

Steven Spielberg is already working on the script for the second 'Tintin' movie.

The legendary filmmaker directed the first film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn' starring Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig and Andy Serkis and producer Kathleen Kennedy says she and Steven are busy with the new script and hope to have the movie out by summer 2015 at the latest.

Kathleen told Collider.com: "Oh yeah it is being moved forward, in fact Steven and I were talking about it this morning. We're working on a script right now, we'll see a script probably February or March. If we can do some camera capture this summer, which I think we could do, then we would be on track to have the movie either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015, and so that's what we're looking at right now."

Producer Peter Jackson has previously revealed he plans for a 'Tintin' franchise and has ideas for a second, third and fourth movie.

He said: "One of my favourites is 'The Seven Crystal Balls', so that's the one I've always been thinking of.

"I also really like the Eastern European ones, the Balkan ones like 'King Ottoman's Sceptre' and 'The Calculus Affair'. I think it's a terrific setting for a thriller, the weird Balkan politics and the mysterious secret service agents.

"I think the Moon ones are terrific, but they'd be good for the third or fourth 'Tintin' film, if we get that far. We want to keep his feet on the ground just a little bit longer."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/steven ... ie_1271302
Does anybody know the TinTin stories regarding DC's two characters? Do either of the characters appear in the other books, particularly the ones they are mentioning above?
As fa as I remember Sakharine and Red Rackham only appear in Red Rackhams's treasure and Unicorn.

But they are not adapting the original books, they mix them up, so I could imagine to see at least Rackham in one of the sequels, because they left the end open in the first movie.
Thank you Dunda. I hope they find a way to keep him in the sequels.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

New York Film Critics Online
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE – THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... hird-movie
Producer Kathleen Kennedy Says 'The Calculus Affair' Eyed For 'Tintin' Sequel; 'Prisoners Of The Sun' Won't Be Used For Third Movie
News .by Jen Vineyard | Декабрь 15, 2011 | 1 Comment .
Even before "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" hit theaters, the filmmakers were planning not one but two sequels -- commissioning writer Anthony Horowitz for at least one of them, which Peter Jackson would direct. The next installments was long thought to be "Prisoners of the Sun," but producer Kathleen Kennedy told The Playlist that they have different stories in mind now for the second film, including one that Peter Jackson had previously said he's a fan of. Moreover, it seems "Prisoners Of The Sun," rumored to be the third movie instead of the second, may not factor it at all.

"'Prisoners of the Sun' was a very, very early discussion, and it isn't under discussion anymore," she said. "We've still got Anthony Horowitz working on the second movie, and we don't know what we're doing with the third movie yet."

The first film incorporates several Tintin stories -- "Secret of the Unicorn," "Red Rackham's Treasure," and "The Crab with the Golden Claws" -- which established the main characters. "We knew that we needed to introduce Tintin, we needed to introduce the relationship with Haddock, we knew [the dog] Snowy was going to be in it," Kennedy said, "so now what we're thinking [for the second film] is what new characters do we want to introduce? Well, we'll probably introduce Calculus and bring him into the fold."

As in Professor Calculus, who was introduced in "Red Rackham's Treasure" as far as the original stories are concerned, but didn't appear in the film. Calculus is a romantic, hearing-impaired scientist who invents a mini submarine as well as a rocket that can go to the moon. He also drives Haddock crazy when he uses unscientific methods that end up working. Since the main story of "Red Rackham's Treasure" is already featured in the first film, one of the other stories to look to that features him heavily is "The Calculus Affair," in which the eccentric inventor is kidnapped.

"We haven't decided yet," Kennedy cautioned about the story, "but that's the direction we're headed."

Although part of "The Secret of the Unicorn" incorporates "The Crab with the Golden Claws," the story's drug smuggling aspect was not included -- but that doesn't mean it won't reappear in future installments, even if the films aim to be family-friendly. "The beauty of what Hergé did is that it is slightly out-of-the-box thinking, you know?" Kennedy said. "Everything we do nowadays is so PC that it's kind of interesting to confront the choices he made, and decide, 'OK, are we going to make the same interpretation? Or are we not going to do it because we think, Oh, maybe that shouldn't be a storyline we should follow?' We're kind of inclined to just stick with what Hergé was doing, and give it a bit of a modern interpretation."

Once the story for the second film is determined, Jackson is still on board to direct, in between some of his "The Hobbit" duties. As for the the third film, that one remains undetermined as of yet.

"It's tricky getting everybody," Kennedy said, "but that's how we did the first movie, sort of passing the baton. When Steven [Spielberg] was available, he'd jump in, and when he was busy, Peter would pick up the slack. It was kind of amazing how they'd work together. We never knew how this would work, but it worked out really, really well."

"The Adventures Of Tintin" opens on December 21st. And if you want to get caught up with "The Calculus Affair," you can watch the full cartoon version below.
Reaction to GG nom
“After our long adventure to bring TINTIN to the screen, this is a very happy moment for us and for Peter Jackson who got the news in New Zealand. We join in thanking the members of the HFPA for this recognition.” – Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy – Best Animated Feature Film
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Tin Tin won a Sattelite award :happyrunning: :jamming: :hyper:
BEST ANIMATED FILM
The Adventures of Tintin
http://www.awardsdaily.com/2011/12/the- ... more-47087

& Florida film critix circle as well
Best Animated Film
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
http://screenonscreen.blogspot.com/2011 ... ounce.html
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

2012 Art Directors Guild nominees
Fantasy Film
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2, Production Designer: Stuart Craig
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, Production Designer: Rick Heinrichs
THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET UNICORN, Production Designer: TBD
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, Production Designer: John Myhre
COWBOYS & ALIENS, Production Designer: Scott Chambliss
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Elvenstar for bringing this up :thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

TinTin won Golden Globe!!! Spielberg thanked daniel craig.
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:TinTin won Golden Globe!!! Spielberg thanked daniel craig.
what category?
calypso

Post by calypso »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
what category?
Best animated film
ImageImage
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

And if understand it right he mentioned him first of all actors!? :D
calypso

Post by calypso »

Maybelline wrote:
And if understand it right he mentioned him first of all actors!? :D
Si, he say daniel first
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

Yes. I came here to say that!
Happy that Tintin won and Spielberg was so gracious and he mentioned Daniel's name first when thanking the cast - I know cheap thrill :lol: but still sweet :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:
Happy that Tintin won and Spielberg was so gracious and he mentioned Daniel's name first when thanking the cast - I know cheap thrill :lol: but still sweet :D
From what Daniel said, they have become real close friends over the years, which tells a lot about Steven. He must be a nice guy...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

caramel wrote:
No, no my reaction was :jump:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

TT won Producers Guild Award!! :!: