News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Movie boss bid to lure Daniel Craig back to 007 role with 2 in 1 Bond film promise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -film.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Cass, but..

.. if one thing is for certain its, that he and they won't want to shoot back to back. The logic here fails me completely. Back to back is longer not shorter and ALL have said, that after shooting <ONE film, they are exhasusted and need rest - for body AND mind.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

It will be a good news if he had to return as Bond, however, I do hope they do not push the actors too far and let them take a well-deserved break after Spectre. Spring looks a bit too soon... maybe I'm just overthinking :-k
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I don't believe, there is any truth in this, but you never know...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I would be so happy if he came back for one more but 2 in 1? Im not sure he would go for that :?:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh come on Daniel, just say yes. Rachel et al can fly can't they? Join you on set. I know I would, I wouldn't want a second away from HHH.

More here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-b ... two-films/
bubita

Post by bubita »

No,no,no. He have to take some rest, clear his mind and do other stuff.
2 movies back to back would be suicidal.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Daniel just wouldn't agree to doing 2 Bond's back to back, I'm sure. I know some may be thinking 'Well, they did it for Lord of the Rings...' but, in LOTR, they had a whole raft of actors in major roles and not just ONE person with the whole thing riding on his/her shoulders. Daniel invests A LOT in Bond which takes up a lot of his time... Want to know how to win Daniel back Eon? Just keep it simple and have a good story, cast and script. That's what I think anyway. :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

In the Spectre edition of MI6 magazine, BB was asked the following:

How do you manage to pull off such spectacular film making all the time?
With a great team. With Sam Mendes, a great team of writers, all our heads of department and of course Daniel Craig and the rest of the cast. That's how we pulled it off. We had the Dream Team.

Simple as that?
Yeah... we got the right people and then everyone worked really hard.

Daniel was fantastic...
Isn't he amazing? He's better than ever.

What would you do if he decides to quit?
(Laughs) I'm not going to let him go! It's as simple as that. We're hanging onto him and that's that.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I can imagine Babs clinging onto Daniel's leg :lol:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

SilverDragon wrote:I can imagine Babs clinging onto Daniel's leg :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I only want him to come back, if they have a really good script this time. Something that is worth his time and energy.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

FrenchCat wrote:
SilverDragon wrote:I can imagine Babs clinging onto Daniel's leg :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
So true... and there is just no one obvious waiting in the wings. BB has LOVED Daniel for years, professionally, and obviously personally. She'll probably break the EON rule to never share equity with anyone. I think Daniel can get what he wants.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

The fact that Babs says she's not going to let him go and makes no mention of looking for someone else to step into his shoes is a good sign IMO. She could have been all coy and said nothing. I have faith.
bubita

Post by bubita »

bumblebee wrote:The fact that Babs says she's not going to let him go and makes no mention of looking for someone else to step into his shoes is a good sign IMO. She could have been all coy and said nothing. I have faith.
:thumbup: