News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

I'll keep my fingers crossed, he deserves to win!
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel lost out to Jeremy Irons, who won for his work on 'Game of Lions'.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:( :evil: :( ..plus he wasn't attending either.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:Daniel lost out to Jeremy Irons, who won for his work on 'Game of Lions'.
Oh well....

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/08/ ... hollywood/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, but in a way - had he won and hadn't been there...not good. So...but then, I don't know, how many of the nominees were actuaklly there and if it is a "must" like for GG's etc.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:Daniel lost out to Jeremy Irons, who won for his work on 'Game of Lions'.
NOOOOOO!!!! I was thinking about the Emmys today (not realizing the awards were tonight), and I imagined the statue on their fireplace mantle -at least fir one night. But Jeremy Irons has an amazing voice, too. I wonder if he was there in person to accept...if so, he deserved it. I only say that because I can imagine them being equal in their worthiness for the award, so whoever showed up should win :lol: .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: I am starting to feel no more mercy for him thinking about how he HAS to show his ugly face again soon. :twisted:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote::lol: I am starting to feel no more mercy for him thinking about how he HAS to show his ugly face again soon. :twisted:
True. But if Jeremy Irons hadn't been a competitor, he would have won. But, oh yeah, Jeremy Irons still works :twisted: .

What's interesting is that One Life is dated 2011. I wonder if that award is given out every 4 years or so.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Interesting little tidbit found on a a discussion forum....

I used to smoke out with Daniel Craig all the time, my parents owned a flat in London.
He is pretty cool off camera, way moreso than you would expect. Super down to earth. Loves hydro bud! And has a crazy watch collection.

What's the most expensive watch he has?

He has this vintage Patek from 1933 with awesome gold detail work, claimed it was worth "more than my car" which at the time was an Aston Martin worth around forty thousand pounds.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This really is an interesting tidbit. Watch nut, eh? Thanks...

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think we knew about the watch collection, didn't we? Kinda like J Lo's shoe collection but worth a lot more money. The hydro bud...now that we haven't heard before. Not a surprise. Cool to hear though!!! Thanks for the post! Patek's advertisements say, "You never actually own a Patek. You merely look after it for the next generation." I went to the Patek Philippe store in Geneva about 8 years ago to buy one. There wasn't one watch on the floor. They carry them up from the underground vault to look at. One or two at a time. It was a trip. It was my only truly lavish buying experience, but I figure I wear a watch every day, and it was memorable to buy it from the city in which it's made, and from their flagship store.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Something like this! Patel watches are the most expensive in the world, and vintage ones cost a fortune. I saw an antiques programme last year and the most expensive watch in the world is a vintage Patek. :shock: I wonder why watches though. Curious.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:Something like this! Patel watches are the most expensive in the world, and vintage ones cost a fortune. I saw an antiques programme last year and the most expensive watch in the world is a vintage Patek. :shock: I wonder why watches though. Curious.

I think it's very easy to understand. If you read about how the inner pieces are all hand made to exact precision, that there is heritage to a quality watch - it will never be out of style and will always be valuable, that when you wear one, only a true watch aficianado, would notice that it's something special (99% of the population just thinks it's a watch you could pick up anywhere), they are small unlike collector cars, and I think they are a thing of beauty and an engineering masterpiece. I always look to see what watch DC is wearing.
Last edited by sf2la on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:
JEC57 wrote:Something like this! Patel watches are the most expensive in the world, and vintage ones cost a fortune. I saw an antiques programme last year and the most expensive watch in the world is a vintage Patek. :shock: I wonder why watches though. Curious.

I think it's very easy to understand. If you read about how the inner pieces are all hand made to exact precision, that there is heritage to a quality watch - it will never be out of style and will always be valuable, that when you wear one, only a true watch officianado, would notice that it's something special (99% of the population just thinks it's a watch you could pick up anywhere), they are small unlike someone who collects cars, and I think they are a thing of beauty and an engineering masterpiece. I always look to see what watch DC is wearing.
I can't remember.....do we have a watch thread? If not, maybe we should have one and try to catch photos of his collection, identify them etc. 8)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:I wonder why watches though. Curious.
Maybe because they are not too flashy. Watches are a fine thing to collect if you want to collect something with monetary value but don't want to look like a show-off (Cars come to mind :mrgreen: )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com