News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maria

Post by Maria »

Thank you sf2la, I was wondering what the winning bid would indicate. The car went for far more than expected, even the watch.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Maria

Post by Maria »

Thank you Red-Snow.

I will put my head in the sand regarding the mention of perhaps a new distributor that may well go with another Bond actor...

I liked the possibility or even the mention by the article's author about seeing Jeffrey Wright return as Félix. (I liked his character, and to see Bond have a friend.)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I also strongly think (know) that there is pressure to hire more non-whites. Felix would be great.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Yes I would love it if Felix(Jeffrey Wright) came back :D
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Live and let Bond lie, Weisz tells Craig

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/new ... 2016_02_20
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Well, that's kind of an obvious article, as much as I can read of it before the paywall. Making a story out of nothing. I'm sure she's worried, especially as he's joked he doesn't tell his family all the risky situations he puts himself in (on the other hand I'm sure the crew takes Daniel's safety very seriously), but I wonder if the conversation between them is exactly as the article makes it sound, these "a close friend of the couple" and "sources tell" stories always make me doubtful...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You are right, Madeleine. I don't take ONE word of this serious. Its ALL made up for sure.

These DM and Sun articles all are as far as I am concerned.

As I would imagine, he asks her, she tells her opinion, but no further "I want you to do this or that" I don't believe, this is how they function.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

The media really are so desperate for any news regarding the future of Bond, aren't they. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They are desperate for everything that can be twisted into an even slightly negative headline. But its the people fault really, who do like to read those best. We get, what sells.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Here's the article in full.
I'd also like to know who exactly the sources are, but I don't see it as a a negative piece at all.
The Sunday Times is no dirty tabloid, it has a certain reputation to uphold.
Whether there is any truth or accuracy to this story, who knows?

ANYONE who thought it was M who gave orders to James Bond may need to reconsider: it is apparently 007’s wife.

The actress Rachel Weisz will have a big influence on whether her husband, Daniel Craig, continues in the role because she is concerned about the physical toll that playing the character takes on his body, according to a close friend of the couple.

There were suggestions last week that Craig would abandon the role in favour of Purity, a 20-part television series. However, MGM, which distributes the Bond films, is reported to be willing to delay the next movie by a year to keep him.

Craig, 47, has incurred several injuries during the making of his four Bond movies and has spent months away from his family. Sources say he is keen to do another Bond film but Weisz, who married him in 2011, is less keen.

“Bond is in his blood but he’s had so many injuries and has ongoing chronic pains, which Rachel is seriously worried about, and she doesn’t want him to pile on more injuries,â€￾ according to a source. “She just wants him to turn the page, even though he loves the challenge and the dare.â€￾

Craig himself has previously said: “I hurt myself every day. I’ve had my right shoulder reconstructed, my knees operated on and my thumb hurts.â€￾

On Spectre, the latest Bond film, he required a knee operation after suffering an injury filming a fight scene with the villain Mr Hinx.

Part of the risk is that Craig insists on doing many of the stunts himself.

Gary Powell, chief stunt co-ordinator, said: “I don’t have to prepare Daniel for the stunts. He comes in ready and knows what he’s got to do. We go through the ideas together but mentally he comes in strong — that’s just his character.

“He’s confident of his abilities, which he has every right to be because he’s a bloody good actor. There’s no ego there. He’ll say, ‘I can do this, and let the stunt person do that’. He does all his car chases — he’s a very good driver. He’s more than capable of doing everything, all his own stunts. It’s just a logistical thing.

“If he’s not doing a stunt, it’s not because he can’t, it’s because he’s busy on the main unit. That’s the reason we have doubles for him, because he can’t be everywhere at once within the time we have to shoot the film.â€￾

The source said that Weisz, whose film credits include The Mummy and The Constant Gardener, had not asked Craig to rule out doing another Bond, but had pointed out how difficult it was for him to be away from the family for up to six months and for her to watch him suffering injuries.

According to the source, Craig has taken his wife’s anxiety into account, which is why he is trying to work around the decision and is still undecided. “Daniel will ultimately do what is best for his marriage, that’s the reality, but he wants to do another Bond,â€￾ the source said. “It could go either way.â€￾
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Thanks Sg! Yep, not a negative piece like I first presumed.
Chronic pain sounds bad. :cry: I hope they find a working solution that will allow him to do one more, but I definitely want him to do as "the source" says he will: what's best for his marriage.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This only stengthens my opinion, that he should call it quits.

Yes, it does sound better here. COULD even have some truth in it. If I was Rachel, I would be worried, but my doubts still are, that I doubt, their friends are talking to the press about them.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I don't think anyone has posted this link....

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Jame ... 13447.html

No doubt the media are frantic about this 'Bond question'. I don't really get why either since the plans to switch the cameras on for B25 is still a LONG way off, regardless of whether B25 continues with Daniel or not. I prefer to keep an open mind. And with regards to that other article, I honestly think that Daniel does not appreciate anyone telling him what to do, even if it's R. Sure, they're going to have conversations about it (and I damn well wish I could be a 'fly on the wall' for that) but whatever HE decides should be supported. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I said a few posts up, that I think, they leave each other professional freedom, but if its true, that he still feels his "wounds" and probably will for the rest of his life, he should listen to those around him, who mean well and stop. There is a life after Bond and it may be time to go on with that.

My main concern is - Leave while you are still on top and don't risk it all. The next one will have another uphill batte after Spectre and has to be REALLY good to make them forget, they were disappointed with Spectre.

I don't trust them anymore with getting the script right. Let the new one worry about that.
I mean, even SF was just a great execution of a script, that was seriously lacking in terms of logic. Even for Bond.