News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
Red-Snow
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: News tidbits

Post by Red-Snow » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

How the MCU Was Made: ‘Thor’ and Why Chris Hemsworth Nearly Wasn’t Cast
http://collider.com/how-thor-1-was-made ... h-casting/

Daniel Craig was offered the role outright, but turned it down to focus on the James Bond franchise.

User avatar
Callie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: News tidbits

Post by Callie » Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Red-Snow wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm
How the MCU Was Made: ‘Thor’ and Why Chris Hemsworth Nearly Wasn’t Cast
http://collider.com/how-thor-1-was-made ... h-casting/

Daniel Craig was offered the role outright, but turned it down to focus on the James Bond franchise.
Wow, how interesting! I wonder whether it was Kenneth Branagh's decision to offer him the role, or someone else in the Marvel studio.

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 45822
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: News tidbits

Post by Germangirl » Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm

I remember it from back then and really think, that for Thor he is too small. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Red-Snow
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: News tidbits

Post by Red-Snow » Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm

JAMES BOND actor Daniel Craig’s co-star Jason Isaacs has spilled all about a racy game the pair played during their stint on stage in Angels in America.
https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... ovies-news

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15159
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Re: News tidbits

Post by bumblebee » Thu May 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Ha ha! I love Isaacs too, what a hot pair.

User avatar
Callie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: News tidbits

Post by Callie » Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Red-Snow wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm
JAMES BOND actor Daniel Craig’s co-star Jason Isaacs has spilled all about a racy game the pair played during their stint on stage in Angels in America.
https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... ovies-news
Ooh, how I wish I'd seen that play!

User avatar
videnovasan
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: News tidbits

Post by videnovasan » Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Callie wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Red-Snow wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm
JAMES BOND actor Daniel Craig’s co-star Jason Isaacs has spilled all about a racy game the pair played during their stint on stage in Angels in America.
https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-new ... ovies-news
Ooh, how I wish I'd seen that play!
Same here.....actually I want to see every play he was in, but no way....

User avatar
Red-Snow
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: News tidbits

Post by Red-Snow » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:51 pm

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/dua ... 203216647/

“DEAD” CASTING: There are no hard feelings between Daniel Craig and “The Dead Don’t Die” director Jim Jarmusch. “Dead Don’t Die” actress Chloe Sevigny confirms that the “James Bond” star was supposed to be in the movie, but it didn’t work out for unknown reasons. Even so, Craig did visit the set of the movie while they were shooting in upstate New York.

User avatar
KillerHeels
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Location: LONDON, NYC

Re: News tidbits

Post by KillerHeels » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if Daniel is in Madrid tonight for the Champions League final? I'm sure if his schedue (ankle!) permits it he'll be there as a life long Red...... ~YNWA
Image

User avatar
videnovasan
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: News tidbits

Post by videnovasan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:06 pm

KillerHeels wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:34 pm
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if Daniel is in Madrid tonight for the Champions League final? I'm sure if his schedue (ankle!) permits it he'll be there as a life long Red...... ~YNWA
I bet he is knowing what a fan he is.....

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 45822
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: News tidbits

Post by Germangirl » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:53 am

KillerHeels wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:34 pm
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if Daniel is in Madrid tonight for the Champions League final? I'm sure if his schedue (ankle!) permits it he'll be there as a life long Red...... ~YNWA
Hi Killer. Nice to see you. 😀 The report is, he is at Pinewood.
Lets hope, the got their hickup and everything goes smooth from now on
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Red-Snow
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: News tidbits

Post by Red-Snow » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9202602/ ... s-crowned/

Celebrity Liverpool fans who got to see the game live included 007 star Daniel Craig and Homeland actor Damian Lewis.

User avatar
videnovasan
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: News tidbits

Post by videnovasan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Red-Snow wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 pm
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9202602/ ... s-crowned/

Celebrity Liverpool fans who got to see the game live included 007 star Daniel Craig and Homeland actor Damian Lewis.
I knew it...they didn't show the official stand..only at the end they snow Gerrard there, but nothing else...

User avatar
Red-Snow
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: News tidbits

Post by Red-Snow » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 pm

How Jim Jarmusch Made an All-Star Indie Zombie Movie
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/movi ... -cast.html

JARMUSCH I wrote a part for Daniel Craig, who I love. And he said, “Jim, I got 10 days, and they are yours, but that’s the only thing I have all summer.” Those were the only days when I had Adam, who I had to shoot every day. So I just took [Craig’s] character out of the script, because I didn’t want to do it at all [if he couldn’t]. I probably had too many characters anyway. But that was my only disappointment.

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 45822
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: News tidbits

Post by Germangirl » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Lol, that would have veen one of those weird roles he loves so much. Cant say, I am overly keen to see him as a Zombi though 😉
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Post Reply