JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Dunda wrote:
I hope they were delievered in Tupperware to lock in the freshness.
That's a trivial, but not so bad one :lol:.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Just found out the boys will be at the Giants game tonight. So if you have the ability to watch it, do so to spot them!! :) I'll be at Juniors to watch the Yankee game but I'm sure they'll have the giant game on as well!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They are REALY busy with charity these days - the next one tomorrow - another free day to do Charity.

Worldwide Orphans Foundation's 5th annual benefit gala.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4789-NY-Celeb ... gn=twitter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:They are REALY busy with charity these days - the next one tomorrow - another free day to do Charity.

Worldwide Orphans Foundation's 5th annual benefit gala.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4789-NY-Celeb ... gn=twitter
GG, i started its own thread here as there will be pictures i think
and so people can ask own questions
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... php?t=2987
:D
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.charitybuzz.com/search?x=0&y ... rder=close

Two Tickets to Hugh Jackman's New Broadway Play, "A Steady Rain," starring Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, PLUS a Chance to Meet Hugh Jackman After the Show!

Current Bid: $1,350.00
Number of Bids: 4
Minimum Next Bid: $1,600.00
Estimated Value: $5,000.00
Lot Number: 107407
Lot Begins: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 2:00:00 PM EDT
Lot Closes: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:12:00 PM EST

Just to meet Hugh not Daniel! :shock:
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I read that liev and Scarlett are doing a play soon . No one making movies anymore ?
calypso

Post by calypso »

Laredo wrote:I read that liev and Scarlett are doing a play soon . No one making movies anymore ?
si, i posted it under liev thread but here is news again from basura website, i guess film actors make more money on broadway now!
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/10/26 ... he-bridge/

Scarlett Johansson will make her Broadway debut alongside Liev Schreiber in the Broadway revival of Arthur Miller’s A View From the Bridge.
The play will open Sunday (January 24) with previews starting on Monday (December 28) at the Cort Theater.

Tony Award winner Liev, 42, will portray a Brooklyn longshoreman who is obsessed with his 17-year-old niece, played by Scarlett, 24.

WILL YOU BUY TICKETS to see Scarlett and Liev on Broadway — YAY or NAY?
ImageImage
Linda

Post by Linda »

Nay, only for Daniel would I buy tickets for a boardway play. If I lived in NYC that would be a different story, but it costs too much to fly to NYC to see any one else by my man.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Penelope wrote:Where did you get "two weeks"? I can understand why they might prefer to do it for a shorter time, but shows normally collect for longer.

From the BC/EFA site
The event is the culmination of six weeks of fund-raising when shows on and Off-Broadway engage in a friendly competition to see which show can raise the most money for BC/EFA. Awards are presented to the shows raising the most money and to the winning presentation.
You were right - they will do it until the 6th, but will get out and greet the fans at the stage door - so, that´s better than nothing for those, who still go there - maybe even better, when they might do more talking and hugging etc :wink:

That will be lots of people having shirts in their closet, that hopefuly have the DC/HJ smell on them. Tupper Ware indeed :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... eir-backs/

Tuesday October 27,2009

DANIEL CRAIG and HUGH JACKMAN turned Sunday's (25Oct09) performance of their Broadway show A STEADY RAIN into an AIDS fundraiser when they literally sold the shirts off their backs.

The Hollywood stars lent their support to the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS campaign after the matinee show, raising £2,670 each by offering lucky fans the chance to buy their sweaty clothes.

After the auction, Craig and Jackman brought the winning bidders backstage and autographed the shirts for their generous devotees.

Sunday's afternoon performance was also one to remember for a whole other reason - it was the first showing of A Steady Rain which hadn't been interrupted by a noisy cellphone.

Jackman told the New York crowd, "(Today was the) first time we've done this whole show without a cellphone going off."

The X-Men star was forced to halt an early preview of the play in September (09) to chastise a theatre-goer whose mobile phone rang repeatedly throughout their performance.
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:Sunday's afternoon performance was also one to remember for a whole other reason - it was the first showing of A Steady Rain which hadn't been interrupted by a noisy cellphone.

Jackman told the New York crowd, "(Today was the) first time we've done this whole show without a cellphone going off."
:? I don't remember a cellphone going off the two times I went, so I hardly doubt he has said this.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:
calypso wrote:Sunday's afternoon performance was also one to remember for a whole other reason - it was the first showing of A Steady Rain which hadn't been interrupted by a noisy cellphone.

:? I don't remember a cellphone going off the two times I went, so I hardly doubt he has said this.
no i know i just posted yes? will i delete?
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:
Dunda wrote:

No! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we would post only those things for which we have a real proof the forum would be very quiet. :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

calypso wrote:
Dunda wrote:

He really did say this. It was weird that he did but *shrug*
calypso

Post by calypso »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
calypso wrote:
Dunda wrote: :? I don't remember a cellphone going off the two times I went, so I hardly doubt he has said this.
He really did say this. It was weird that he did but *shrug*
so is true reporting?? :shock:

so maybe most things we read maybe true yes but we not have the eye witness!
ImageImage